Following step by step

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Billmcse
    Participant
      @billmcse

So brand new build, following Terry Red’s PRE-INSTALL video where he goes through the VLC playter, visual pinball install and others. Then he launches the adams family table. I’ve downloaded several tables and backglass but each either get their own error or when rendering the table it gets stuck and hangs. His video says to not go further until you have at least that running. When I get a table to come up, there are no lights blinking, no backglass. Should I just proceed with the next video?

gtxjoe
      Participant
        @gtxjoe

No. Turn off “Exclusive Fullscreen “ in VPX Preferences Video and fix the error that gets displayed

gtxjoe
        Participant
          @gtxjoe

… when you start the table

Billmcse
          Participant
            @billmcse

How do you get to the preferences?

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

preferences is at the top

VP- 10 - Camera

Billmcse
              Participant
                @billmcse

Ok did that. Still getting no lights, no movement, no backglasss

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

No error pops up?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Billmcse
                  Participant
                    @billmcse

Get random errors with different tables. Will have to get screen shots or write down the errors

Billmcse
                    Participant
                      @billmcse

For starters, most of the tables say that the table was saved with version 10.6 and I might have issues running with 10.5

Others I will get ROM set is missing, VPINMAME can’t run the game

The table will then load but oriented incorrectly, which I assume I just need to change a setting for that but the tables are just stagnant, no movement, no sounds no lights.

For Adams family table, attached screen shot

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

10.5 warning isn’t a show stopper. Will be a issue for some tables that is really taking advantage of new 10.6 stuff though. But as a problem solving issue – no, it is not that important right now. The rom issues you are getting is either one of two. 1) You didn’t do what gtxjoe said you should. If forced fullscreen is on, then you will get into trouble as long as ddraw in registry is wrong for the table. 2) You actually are having problems with the rom. Load a table that is failing, press script button. Search for cgamename = “xxxx”. Make a note of what it says. Exit completely. Go to vpinmame and run setup.exe – scroll down to the rom name that matches what you wrote down. Now look to the right if the line – is there an X there in the list, then it means pinmame sees a *.zip with the correct name. But, it still doesn’t mean that it is working. Mark the rom and press the test button. If it starts. Then the rom is ok. If not, there is no way VP can run without a working rom. If it is working. Then report back with a print screen of your graphics/video preferences.

And, to add a picture to your post. Press the “visual” button on the right side, then there is a icon up to the right “insert image” to upload with.

outhere
                          @outhere

When attaching a image Click on the little button at the top on the right

After you open the table then save it and it won’t say that no more But that doesn’t it will work right or update to this version of 10.6
                          Version 3592 very stable
                          https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/
                          After downloading it right click make sure the file is not blocked then unzip put the 12 or so files in VP folder and put the script files in the scripts folder..
                          The script files (VPS) from VP should never go in the tables holder

Others I will get ROM set is missing, VPINMAME can’t run the game — see below
                          http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3880-cursor-disappears-vp-x-10-please-help/?tab=comments#comment-42286
                          oriented incorrectly — see below
                          https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/bugs-bunny-birthday-ball-bally-1989/page/7/#post-113295

Billmcse
                          Participant
                            @billmcse

ok, so I followed you up to a certain point but first….I have no roms in the roms folder under vpinmame. I followed the video and it said to download backglass and tables but nothing I remember about downloading roms. Moving on… i seethe cgamename as pn_15 in this case, pinbot. When I went to run the setup under vpinmame, it brings up a menu. so you lost me where you say to scroll down, the menu just has buttons. Either way, since my roms folder is empty, I assume that is the issue? Also, there is a folder called VpinMameTest. If I run the executable, same name in side the folder, it says class not registered. You need the following file installed on your machine – MSSTDFMT.DLL

And I did do what gtxjoe said

outhere
                              @outhere

Getting Started

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=160

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Yes. Without the rom you can’t play the table. I’m sure it is resolved once you do. Use google and search for pb_l5.zip. I recommend using VPU for roms.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/1068-pb_l5zip/

Billmcse
                                Participant
                                  @billmcse

Did I miss the ROM piece on the video? I remember walking through the table downloads and backglass but not the ROMS

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Oh. I don’t need these videos myself anymore and I believe my rom collection is as close to complete as it can be. So, never think about it anymore. If Terry has left that out, it is a mistake easily made by a long time VP user. You definitely need roms for all tables except Originals and EM’s in VP.

Billmcse
                                    Participant
                                      @billmcse

Any other places to download Roms? VPUniverse doesnt seem to like me. I can’t get a verification email from them at either email and I checked spam folder.

Billmcse
                                      Participant
                                        @billmcse

Do specific ROMS have to go with specific tables?

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Yes.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?