Grand Tour (Bally 1964) Restoration

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

Wow!  The next time you’re in Cleveland for a couple of months, feel free to swing by and spruce-up **completely rebuild**  my EM.  Really fun watching this.

Scottacus
      Participant
        @scottacus
        MembervipContributor

I sent off the graphics to GameOnGraphix and they printed out a color front and black mask layer for the backglass.  As usual they did a great job and the result was really good.

20191113_15522220191113_155147

Today was clean up day for the machine.  The playfield is in really good shape so all it really needed was a deep clean.  I’m sure @randr and @Borgdog will probably laugh at me for this but I’ve never used the various Novus cleaning products that seem to be the industry standard.  I guess I’ve never had a playfield that was in good enough shape to need anything other than complete refinishing!

Novus 2 is fricking amazing, it cleans up ball swirls, polishes metal and leaves a pretty nice shine to the surface.  The left side of the photo has been cleaned and the right upper section was still dirty.

20191113_103839

I used Novus 3 (the most aggressive) on really dirty sections under the apron and it worked well and did not eat through the clear coat.  I also used Novus 1 (liquid spray) on the plastics and posts with good results.  I’m pretty happy with the results.  I also shot photos of the plastics and playfield while stripped down for a future VP release.

20191113_155140

For now the table joins the small herd in the basement but I plan on putting it up for sale.  The problem is we’ve got a few inches of snow on the ground so the easy exit out the exposed basement is pretty sketchy for right now so I’ll probably wait till spring and sell it then on Craigslist/Pinside or take it to the Midwest Gaming Convention in Milwaukee.\

20191113_160830

1 user thanked author for this post.
        JR
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Looks great! Novus Products work great on lots of stuff not just Pinball’s! I used to use it on my sport bike. All sorts of stuff that needs scratch removal or polish.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

Love these updates.  About to open the hood on my EM.   Thanks for the inspiration!

Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

Which EM do you have @JR?

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

Spin a Card.  My first EM.  Still learning about proper maintenance and have done all the reading…but still always learn something new from your posts.

And yes…the enemy of good is better is my mantra.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?