Have my balls shrunk?

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

That works BUT you have to change every createball instance to vpmCreateBall

Punch it!

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

also on a serious note… some tables like widebodys are scaled to be viewed correctly, so the ball will also be scaled down
        then there is EM’s where the ball might looks bigger than normal …. so there might not ever be a uniform “looking” ball size

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

If the table is built correctly, the ballsize should always be 50 (unless it’s a table that actually uses different sized balls than standard)

Widebody only looks bigger because the table dimensions are adjusted, not the ball

Punch it!

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

Still working on the GPU upgrade. The change in cable layout has messed up my screen numbering and it’s way weird, as I have to falsely number things to get them to be in the right position…. plus the HDMI audio doesn’t stick…. plus when I think I have fixed everything and it is all working beautifully, a reboot F’s it all up again. :(

Thankfully I already have bugger all hair left to pull out, but if this keeps up I think I might switch to knitting “peter heaters” for a hobby… at least that will still involve pins and balls. (sorry, couldn’t resist putting this thread back in the gutter where it belongs) ;)

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

If the table is built correctly, the ballsize should always be 50 (unless it’s a table that actually uses different sized balls than standard) Widebody only looks bigger because the table dimensions are adjusted, not the ball

yes the ball is 50 units…. but it might “look” a different size table to table….. the key word there fella was “look”  ;)

RustyCardores
                @rustycardores
                MemberModerator

Wow what a PITA that was!!!

For some reason nVidia chucked a wobbly and deleted itself and all the drivers… New driver downloads blacked my screens and I could do nothing but watch a cursor arrow roam around on 3 black screens looking for something to click. :(

3 system restores and 4 driver downgrades later and I got it to work…. and bugga me dead if all screen & DMD positioning and sound issues didn’t just vanish into thin air as if nothing ever happened.

Anyway… the game play is now SUPER SMOOTH!! :)  and I am yet to experience any ball problems with the maxed out quality settings.  Even with TRON chucking (what seemed like 30) balls in my face at one time while the light show was going off its nut, there was not a single stutter.

So fingers crossed that my balls are now back to normal after all this effort… if not, well… that would really suck balls. (and that’s where I leave my “in you end O’s”) …well almost. ;)

jbg4208
                Participant
                  @jbg4208

Glad you got  your balls all worked out. I switched from and core 2 duo, GTX650 to an i5, GTX750 ti and the difference was astounding. I can crank everything up full blast and no ball stutter what so ever.

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

What a disaster this has turned out to be…. 3 Days in and I cannot get Nvidia to maintain settings.  They may hold through a couple of restarts, but power off and boot again and they are all gone.  Sound and vid is just all F’ed UP! :(  I’m almost at the point of walking out and buying a real machine ;)

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?