Humpy Dumpty and Lady Robin Hood gameplay

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    templarjh
    Participant
      @templarjh

Humpty Dumpty gameplay explanation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bDwjG2bx1VPsnEy9rcnnXFMgKyYtzc9u/view?usp=sharing

1 user thanked author for this post.
      JR
      templarjh
      Participant
        @templarjh

Oh ok good! It worked that time :p I tried posting more a minute ago but got blocked by a site firewall or something. I’ll post the rest of what I had now in the comments.

Thanks for the nice requests from you guys here ^_^ I knew I’d get around to this sometime. That first video is just showing the gameplay of Humpty Dumpty. It’s not like this game has 10 wizard modes or something, but you know, just for some explanation since most videos I’ve seen online don’t seem to actually show what to do.

Here’s an actual game being played. This is kind of hard to watch (sorry) since I’m really bad at this and have no actual setup besides me holding my phone in one hand and trying to play with the other:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bGfCnWuaXnudQLdkvultETuiUm7UmOTA/view?usp=sharing

templarjh
        Participant
          @templarjh

Here’s Lady Robin Hood gameplay explanation and then the game being played as best I can. The backglass on this game is in kinda sad shape; I had a replacement on order but that messed up somehow. Anyway I’ll get around to that and we understand anyway that for a game from 1948 things could be worse.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bLf2Mlgl659OiGD_NnWTWHVwUUUbPu6h/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bRwU3RNk2shW0yXodgPb-uJhaIp9m6yJ/view?usp=sharing

This last one is something that might not interest everyone but it’s neat to me at least :p These two games originally came with 1 1/8″ pinballs instead of the 1 1/16″ ones that all games use now. This is just a brief look at the difference. It’s probably kind of hard to tell from just a video but the larger ball is much heavier and slower and Gottlieb was smart to switch to the smaller one in early 1948. I don’t think it’s known exactly when they made the switch. The Lady Robin Hood I bought late last year still had the original balls so I was able to try them without ordering any.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bYCcvKCW9zBAvBEuVSxyOIFMXTldwjwA/view?usp=sharing

templarjh
          Participant
            @templarjh

Anyway, as before, I’m hoping to help the VP community in some sort of way even though I can’t code at all myself. I’ve used VP since version 7 – I think – Flash had plain blue drop targets – so when I uploaded the Lady Robin Hood pics a few weeks ago I’m like jeez maybe I’m helping in SOME way.

I have a few other games – Aloha, Gigi, Sing Along, Space Odyssey, and 1979 Star Trek – and can provide schematics of those games if needed. The Gottlieb schematics are protected under copyright, but this is an emulation site after all >_> I can provide any pics or gameplay explanation if needed, as long as it wouldn’t take me hours to take stuff apart. I’m not much good with a soldering iron. I’ve been to 11 pinball conventions since 2008 if that’s any help either :p at least I’m familiar with the feel of them from Baffle Ball (that was neat to play and see) up to the most recent ones. So anyway, hope I can help somehow instead of just downloading and playing stuff all the time.

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

Just quickly skipped through these and wow.  Some priceless stuff here.  Very cool.  Thanks for the time you put into this.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              templarjh
              Participant
                @templarjh

Just quickly skipped through these and wow. Some priceless stuff here. Very cool. Thanks for the time you put into this.

You’re very welcome and thanks for asking! I can’t quite call this “effort” other than a few feckless first attempts at making a coherent video LOL

templarjh
                Participant
                  @templarjh

If it’s relevant to anything, the target bumper on Lady Robin Hood is supposed to flash when it’s hit, just like the backglass, and I finally got around to fixing that >_>

templarjh
                  Participant
                    @templarjh

I wonder what other games are owned by members here too ^_^ I’ll see if there’s a thread on it somewhere. Saw a guy’s Alien Star, very cool :o I see topics around on the cab setups and I’m utterly lost on those.

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

I own a Meteor (1978), Moulin Rouge (1965) and Magic Circle (1965). My basement is full but I’m forever in the market for a Williams Whirlwind and Spanish Eyes.

A few weeks ago I started some image cleanup on Lady Robinhood playfield. Haven’t gotten back to it but I’ll share it online when I’m finished. Thanks for sharing the videos!

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

I believe there are t-shirts for the Alien Star table!  Guy has too much free time. ;-)

templarjh
                        Participant
                          @templarjh

Ooooooh I love Meteor but admit I still haven’t 100% figured out how to play it well. There’s one in an arcade not too far from me – super lucky to have that. I think I’m up to 11 conventions I’ve been to and still haven’t seen Moulin Rouge or Magic Circle :( Sorry my videos stink, lol, you’d think I’d at least have a selfie stick or something to use but no, not really.

There’s a website that has licensed Gottlieb t-shirts and I know they have Alien Star :D I got a Gigi one several years ago. Don’t know why they have Melody but not Sing Along, oh well.

And thanks so much for even taking a look Bord! Those were the best pics I could manage.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?