I have no idea whatsoever…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mediauwant
    Participant
      @mediauwant

Okay, I am completely new to VPinball, so please bear with me. The main reason I want to use VPinball is to play the 1979 Gottlieb Incredible Hulk table. I’m gonna give you as much information as possible. If you reply to this, understand that I am fairly Computer savvy, but I know nothing about Vpinball at this point… The bottom line problem is the Hulk pinball game won’t load. Here’s the details:

I’m on a Gateway lap top, running Windows 10. When I was preparing to install Vpinball, I put everything into one folder I made. When I installed Vpinball, I created a subfolder for the installation files, in the folder I made (again, in an attempt to keep everything related to this in one place).

I downloaded VPX5setup.exe, which installed Visual Pinball 10.5.0 to the installation folder I mentioned above.

I then downloaded 3 different versions of the 1979 Gottlieb Incredible Hulk table. I downloaded them to a folder I titled Roms, again into the folder I’m putting everything into. I put each version into a separate folder. They were all 3 zip files, so I extracted each into it’s respective folder. So the Roms folder I created has 3 subfolders, each with a different version of the table:                                                                                                                                                Folder 1.1 – The Incredible Hulk (Gottlieb 1979) v1.1.vpx                                                                                                                                                                                  Folder 1.1.1 – The Incredible Hulk (Gottlieb 1979) v1.1.1.vpx                                                                                                                                                                            Folder 1.3 – (This version’s zip file contained 2 files) Incredible Hulk, The (Gottlieb 1979).vpx -and- Incredible Hulk, The (Gottlieb 1979).directb2s.

All 3 versions of this table mentioned above show the Visual Pinball icon for their vpx file. The directb2s file in folder 1.3 has a blank icon.

I get the same result when I try to open all 3 of the vpx files. Visual Pinball opens. A small window opens showing the rendering, etc process with a status bar slowly filling up. When the status bar is one tick away from complete, another window opens with errors. I have inserted a screenshot of this window below.

picture001

When I open the Visual Pinball shortcut, it defaults to the vpx file in Folder 1.3. I get the same result as above. It did generate crash.txt and crash.dmp files in Folder 1.3. I have attached the crash.txt file.

And this is where I am at right now…stuck. This is likely a simple fix, but it’s beyond my knowledge to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

PS- Don’t forget today is Mother’s Day!

Attachments:
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

None of those tables you downloaded should go into the folder named rom. Tables go into where ?? Tables of course.

The error your are getting is because you don’t have the rom that this table requires. It’s a gottlieb table, and those roms are not hosted here, vpu or vpf.

How do you know what rom you need ? Open VP -> File Open -> Find table -> Press Script button on the left – find “cgamename = <romname>”.

Now search google “<romname.zip> visual pinball”

Go to the site that is coming up in the google search, but is not “vpforums, vpuniverse or vpinball”. Put hulk.zip into roms folder and now it will start.

I recommend that you read and try what gtxjoe said about first time install. Yes, it is not hulk, but, will give you the experience needed

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=160

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

The ROM file is missing according to that error message. I think archive.org has it in their MAME archive; it’s pretty hard to get the ROM files off pinball sites, as the current Gottlieb IP holder has basically insisted that any and all distribution of the copyrighted materials must be licensed, and that means one must pay money for said product.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Genesis38
          Participant
            @genesis38

You’ve got a few issues going on. First and foremost you need the rom for the game to run. It can be found on a different site Google Gottlieb roms. Your table and direct b2s files, have to be placed into your tables folder inside the visual pinball directory you should have created in the C drive of your machine. Can you post a photo of your vpinmame files?

mediauwant
            Participant
              @mediauwant

Hello, Thalamus. Thanks for helping me out with this. However, I still don’t have it fixed. I found a site called Pinball Nirvana, in which they had a Roms forum. I found their alphabetical list of Roms. There are 2 Hulk ones, one file called Hulk.zip and the other called Hulk1.zip. I downloaded them both, and put only the Hulk.zip one into my Tables folder of the folder I installed Visual Pinball in. I did not unzip it, just dropped the zip file in the folder. I then tried to play the vzp Hulk file…same result as described in my post. The did look inside the zip file. It had the following files: 433.cpu, 433.snd, 6530sys1.bin, u4_ce.bin, u5_cf.bin.

I must have missed something you said to do, or is it something else?

Thanks again for your help.

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

Zipped roms should go in your vpinmame/roms folder. You’re getting closer…

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Yes. Getting closer. But, you did not follow my advice. If you did what gtxjoe explained. You would not put the hulk roms into the wrong folder. Just like any mame emulator. Wrong files into wrong folders and it will not work.

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

*Guy says he’s computer savvy*

*Is told which directories to use by 3 people*

*Proceeds to put files in wrong folders*

lol, sorry but I couldn’t help but find the humor.

Don’t worry once you are familiar it will be smooth sailing.  :)

3dcreation

tschwall
                    Participant
                      @tschwall

What I have problems with is we can find only part of the rom. some is still missing.                 “u5_cf.bin and u4_ce.bin” is impossible to find…most roms you find only have the one part..were can I find the rest?…yes I am a computer person (since 1980 and dos). can anyone help guide me? thanks

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Gottlieb roms used to be readily avail on most of the visual pinball sites. They aren’t anymore. You either have to use google, get a friend in this community ( get involved instead of just leeching tables and roms without saying thank you ) or go looking for torrents that has a almost complete pinmame rom collection. ;-)

boriskarloff
                        Participant
                          @boriskaloff

I have a problem like that. I am trying to solve it.

I installed VP on C: . I wanted to install it on my NAS, but nothing to do.

Now, when I launch Visual pinball on NAS, it searchs always the roms on C:

PS: on emurom.net you can find many roms.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?