ISO: Williams mid-70s bumper cap mesh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Does anyone recall seeing a mesh for this Williams bumper cap?

c83de6ab33f62b99b5485f54a68caf2cf97679c3

I’ve only seen it on a handful of 1975 Williams games. Even the flyer for Little Chief shows the more common Williams 8 pointed cap but as far as I can tell no production games were released with it. The flyer also shows black rails and a black top apron which I’ve also never seen on a production game.

Here’s another variation on it:

EM-Williams-BIG-BEN-Pinball-Machine

At the bottom you can see this one next to the more common Williams eight pointed cap.

pinball_crap_box3_caps

@dark
      , do you have any interest in making one of these w/o lettering? I would hot stamp it using a displacement map.

Rawd
      Participant
        @rawd

I’m pretty sure I used this on Triple Strike.   I replaced it when it went to VPX, but I forget where I got it from.

Im not sure if this is what you’re looking for  …

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gegodiee30kkio/bcap.zip?dl=1

bord
          @bord

Thanks, @rawd. I actually looked at your Triple Strike since it fit the era. The mesh you attached is the 8 pointed cap. The texture image you sent is the right type but I don’t have a mesh that is formed like that.

Rawd
          Participant
            @rawd

OK.. My apologies.. I just grabbed it without even looking.   That is strange though, because I’m sure at one point I replaced this mesh.   I guess I did not.

So..  If you ever get this cap meshed.. I could use it too please.  :)

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

@bord   I guess it depends on how long you’re willing to wait as I seem to be getting backed up with things to-do already.  If someone else is capable of modelling this I’d say have at it since, in all honesty this sort of thing doesn’t interest me as much as table toys.  With that said, if you need it, I’ll help ya out.

3dcreation

bord
                @bord

@dark, thanks. I actually have a different toy request that may interest you more in the near future so I’ll save my cache for that.

I’m sure I can do this thing but was hoping one existed or that someone more skilled than me wouldn’t waste the full day of trial and error I’ll burn.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?