Joust (Williams 1983) VPX

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

Discovered the table today, worked out of the box with 10.6 for me. Great fun! Hopefully the Alvin G Soccer will show up some day, too!;-)

Did I dream it, or did I read (some months ago) about the possibility to play (some?) tables online one on one? This could be monster fun with these tables.

Thanks for sharing anyway!

Online multiplayer has been a long desired feature, however I don’t think there’s anything currently.  I know there was a bunch of discussion around potentially being able to have online multiplayer with VR in conjunction with Unity VP (VPE)….that will be an exciting day especially for these head to head tables.

The Alvin’ G Soccer table is still in the works but has been put on a bit of a hold since both randr and I are both very busy irl.  I have like 85% of the 3D work done, 95% artwork done,  at this point it’s just a matter of getting everything working on the table nicely.  I was planning to bake a basic AO (play field shadows) on a layer but nothing too special in terms of pre-rendered stuff so it’s really not too too far from a release.  Work should resume on it in the coming weeks.

3dcreation

iaakki
      Participant
        @iaakki

Hello.. I’ll start to build a new cabinet and it would have buttons in both ends. Meaning that I will select this game as the main VPX to run. I’ll probably try to edit this masterpiece a bit. Adding nfozzy physics and redoing all the inserts with this new 3D Flupper method. We’ve done those now into few tables just for our own use. If you happen to plan to make a new release of Joust, just PM me and I’m happy to help you doing it. Or with any other head-to-head table you guys are doing. :)

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

If you make a significant enough update that I like I can post it as an update, or run it by me and I’ll consider permission to mod but I’m really inactive in the VP scene right now.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Astroboy
          Participant
            @astroboy

WOW! This is amazing!

Now I’ve just gotta find a creative way that would allow me to play head to head with a real person on my cabinet, in a way that looks good and feels comfortable.

Thanks for the effort and innovation on this one!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Astroboy.
            Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

WOW! This is amazing!

Now I’ve just gotta find a creative way that would allow me to play head to head with a real person on my cabinet, in a way that looks good and feels comfortable.

Thanks for the effort and innovation on this one!

While it might not be the most pleasing solution, the easiest one is just to hook a wireless controller for the second player, it’s pretty easy to remap the second player to controls.

3dcreation

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?