Joust (Williams 1983) VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    korbin
    Participant
      @korbin

Great table.  Thank you.  Its one of those I always wanted but could never afford when I found one for sale.  A buddy of mine even had it in his collection for a number of years and sold it for a small fortune.  Well, now i can play it at home.  Thank you.

Ok, so I thought I could figure this out, but I guess Im going to have to ask for help.

Some different backdrop settings for FS are available.

1. Single Player FS view (has depth that favours single player

2. 2 Player FS view (is a birds eye view with even view for both players, flat).

How do you change the setting to “2 Player FS view”?  i looked under “Backdrop Options” screen and i guess Im not sure what I’m suppose to select to pull this off.  I changed a few drop down settings with no change.  Im still learning the ins and outs I guess.  thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

If you have a cocktail cab i suppose you would want it a zero? you can change it like any other table while your in camera mode f6 i think

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        korbin
        Participant
          @korbin

yes, loading into a cocktail was my intention, but I thought I would load it up on my pincab to see what it looks like first.

I’ve never used the F6 settings before, so i’ll give that a look when I get home.  Thanks for your quick response… and thank you for the table as well!

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

I can’t remember for certain but I think backdrop settings file(s) were included with the table, you just need to swap them out to your liking, or customize them yourself using camera mode.

3dcreation

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Hi Dark. Nice to see you still around ! :bye:   :yes:

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Dark!!

for IOS and Android

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

I still lurk, I just have little to contribute.

3dcreation

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

@dark you could contribute by just doing what you did commenting! :) miss ya just nice to see you around is all

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Bromance alert!  Seriously, always good to see a post from you Dark!

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw
                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Bromance alert! Seriously, always good to see a post from you Dark!

Have you ever seen pictures of Dark?  Hubba hubba!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

lonchaney
                        Participant
                          @lonchaney

Thanks for this great table. I love all Williams stuff. :) I have a problem however. I load the table, then hold left flipper button, but no OSD. Is it possible it doesn’t work properly with vpx 10.6?

Dark
                            @dark
                            vipMemberContributor

Thanks for this great table. I love all Williams stuff. :) I have a problem however. I load the table, then hold left flipper button, but no OSD. Is it possible it doesn’t work properly with vpx 10.6?

Yes that’s a possibility, investigation required.

3dcreation

Dark
                              @dark
                              vipMemberContributor

I just loaded Joust up on 10.6 and the OSD worked fine.  I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work for you.  Maybe someone else can chime in with some ideas.

3dcreation

lonchaney
                              Participant
                                @lonchaney

I just loaded Joust up on 10.6 and the OSD worked fine. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work for you. Maybe someone else can chime in with some ideas.

Ok, thanks for checking. It’s really weird. Will try some things later. Thanks again for your work!

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

@lonchaney Menu is just key codes… maybe try the “left/right shift keys” on a keyboard and see if they work I may have messed up code and not set to flipper key but shift key only…don’t recall it’s been awhile since we did that table

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

lonchaney
                                  Participant
                                    @lonchaney

@lonchaney Menu is just key codes… maybe try the “left/right shift keys” on a keyboard and see if they work I may have messed up code and not set to flipper key but shift key only…don’t recall it’s been awhile since we did that table

I also tried with the keyboard, and nope, I have nothing… BTW thanks for your work too, randr! :)
                                    Maybe you could tell me what I could change in the script to get the hard two players mode at start instead the one player mode?

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

search script for Flips=0 and i think you need to change it to 1, 2, 0r 3 i dont remember but try 2 and see but you really need to figure out why its not working for you normally… maube try it in non exclusive mode? menu should be working so something is not right on your setup thats for sure

for IOS and Android

lonchaney
                                      Participant
                                        @lonchaney

Ok, thanks I will try this evening and let you know. :)

lonchaney
                                        Participant
                                          @lonchaney

search script for Flips=0 and i think you need to change it to 1, 2, 0r 3 i dont remember but try 2 and see but you really need to figure out why its not working for you normally… maube try it in non exclusive mode? menu should be working so something is not right on your setup thats for sure

Well, just tried in non exclusive mode, doesn’t change anything. Really don’t know what is wrong. If I find something, I’ll tell you. Anyway I’m VERY happy to be able  to play against the CPU. Thanks a lot, randr! :)

makmak
                                          Participant
                                            @makmak

Discovered the table today, worked out of the box with 10.6 for me. Great fun! Hopefully the Alvin G Soccer will show up some day, too!;-)

Did I dream it, or did I read (some months ago) about the possibility to play (some?) tables online one on one? This could be monster fun with these tables.

Thanks for sharing anyway!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?