Jungle Princess (Gottlieb 1977)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Jungle Princess (Gottlieb 1977)

Gottlieb’s 1977 Jungle Princess, the 2 player version of Jungle Queen (4 player).

Most of the graphics was given me by Starman from his vp9 Jungle Queen table.  Much of the play logic comes from him as well.

thanks to hauntfreaks as usual for graphics, lighting, and primitive updates

thanks to sliderpoint for play testing and bug catching (mostly by letting me play on his vp cab where I could actually see things, gotta get my fullsize done soon)

vp10.1 needed for this table

directb2s file included with the download

like all my tables hold down left flipper before starting a game to bring up options menu.  This is the first one I’ve done with a freeplay option as well.

11 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Very cool thanks!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

this plays and looks, sooooooo goooood!!!!   its a must!!

Laylow
          Participant
            @pinlow
            MemberContributor

Thank you, reaally nice table! :good:

Ah

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

Guys, I was, literally just yesterday, looking at pictures of this table, thinking it had an interesting flipper layout and I would like to try it.  lol

Thanks, BorgDog and HF, for putting this one together.  I love the older table selection you guys have been doing.  Great stuff… thank you.

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

I never have to make any backdrop changes on BorgDog’s tables!  Portrait users unite!!!    :)

Was just playing this one… looks and plays great… nice backglass… those mini-flippers take a few to get used to.  Probably gonna play this table a lot.

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

PAPA has a nice tutorial video on Jungle Queen that talks a lot about those little flippers and his method of using them, as well as the overall scoring and gameplay.  Definitely worth a watch.  https://youtu.be/AbFOMWyU_eA

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

Nice video, thanks for the link.  Looks like I have the right idea, I just need a *ahem* little practice.    :wacko:

rebecca
                    Participant
                      @rebecca

Awesome work.  This one is a player!  One question…   Once you’ve taken out the two banks of drop targets, is there a way to reset them without losing the ball?  I played for a good ten minutes with them down and couldn’t find a way.  thanks for a really great table!

rebecca
                      Participant
                        @rebecca

Extra bonus thumbs up for tracking the high score beyond the original machine’s 199,999 limit!

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

Awesome work. This one is a player! One question… Once you’ve taken out the two banks of drop targets, is there a way to reset them without losing the ball? I played for a good ten minutes with them down and couldn’t find a way. thanks for a really great table!

Good question, I do not believe they reset except for end of ball, although if you are playing for 10 minutes without losing a ball I must have made it too easy :)

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

Extra bonus thumbs up for tracking the high score beyond the original machine’s 199,999 limit!

Whoa… talk about a player.  You may have to start doing the video tutorials instead of papa pinball.   :yes:

Pinball999
                            Participant
                              @pinball999

One of my favs. :) thanks!

I might have found a problem on the table. It looks like the extra ball stays activated (upper part of the playfield) even after you have collected and used it.

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

Problem?  That’s a feature! :)

Thanks, I believe I have found the issue and will do some testing and post up a revision.

edit:  issue resolved (i hope) and new version 1.1 uploaded.  Thanks again Pinball999

Bob Albright
                                Participant
                                  @bobalbright

Does anyone have suggested backdrop settings to rotate the table 90 degrees for my cab? Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

I’m pretty sure all BorgDog’s Gottlieb tables are the same size,  if you have or can find settings from one of those, they would pretty much be the same.

-Mike

Here you go, try these:  http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinball-pool-gottlieb-1979/#post-32670

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?