Look at my new purchase, let’s make a table

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

Just got this get on FB marketplace, Williams Magic City.  Playfield is about a 9.5 out of 10 and the bg is better.  Cab needs some touch up and score motors and reels need lubed but all in all it works.  $450 10 mins away too.  With manual.  @loserman76 let’s get this one going.  I need to look at the Vp9 playfield but I know siggi or Matt Lager can work magic with some good pics.  I will scan the plastics.   @wildman, let me know what I can do for the backglass.  I know we have a image already

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Wow.  I’ve become a big fan of these old em’s with a pop bumper between the bats – Spanish Eyes in particular and was ‘someone’ working on a new version of Miss-O??…  the bg for this is an amazing piece of art – phallic fountain and all.

But what the heck! – thought you recently moved,  were purging, building new vp cab, finally finishing pick-up truck.  And didn’t you acquire a Comet recently?  I’ll gladly come get that out of your way if it’s taking up space.

Really cool find.

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

I sold the comet, was kinda disappointed in the table sadly.  I made $1000 on it though.  I just picked up that nudge it and this one popped up today.  I have been wanting a single player EM since I sold my Freedom EM.  I am getting close to being done with my Virtual, if I can just choose between Jurassic park and ghostbusters theme…

I really wanted a wedgehead but this one will do.  I love the artwork on this one.  BG is from Chicago city scene so when I leave this will be my reminder of ILLINOIS

Loserman76
          Participant
            @loserman76
            vipMemberContributor

@armyaviation – the best part is I actually have this table coded up using other resources (it’s one of my personal collections since I am using resources I don’t have permissions for releasing publicly). Would be a very easy to swap out the images.

The other cool thing – Magic Town (the AAB version) uses the same playfield/plastics. So that one (which is also already done in my personal collection) could easily be built as well.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Let me know how I can help.  I will get scans soon of the plastics if you need them.

we can take what you have and make it better and then they will be usable.  I also have schematics if you need them

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

Plus I have Apollo schematics too if you need those, they came with it.  Don’t know if we have that table yet, haven’t looked. @loserman76

Loserman76
                Participant
                  @loserman76
                  vipMemberContributor

@armyaviation – thanks for the offer on the schematics. Already have Magic City & Magic Town working as the real games. So all we need is a good playfield and plastics images and I can just drop them into what I’ve got currently.

As for Apollo, that one has the bagatelle on the backglass if I’m remembering correctly. That’s something I’ve yet to come up with a good method of making it work well and look realistic at the same time since B2S doesn’t directly support something like that.

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

@loserman76, I will get plastics scanned tomorrow.  Shoot me the pf image

Wildman
                    Participant
                      @wildman

send me a REAL NICE PIC of it and i will pretty it up for ya :whistle:

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

Been looking for a MT/MC locally. They never show up because THEY’RE AWESOME. So glad to know this is coming to VP.

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

@wildman, let me see if I can get it scanned, may be in 2 pieces though.

@loserman76
                          , if I can remember how to do it, I may see if I can do the blender lights and shadows.  It’s been a second since I have done it. How good is the pf image and do you have the image for the add a ball version?

Loserman76
                          Participant
                            @loserman76
                            vipMemberContributor

@armyaviation both games use the same playfield. PM’d you with the info.

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

That was a great find for $450.  Would love to see you and Jeff work on this.  Looks like a very fun table.  And appears to be in really nice shape.  How many games on the game counter?      Interesting about Comet.  What was disappointing?  Get too repetitive?

Have to say Tom – when I heard about the pilot with the rather spicy rant about San Francisco – I thought maybe you were back flying commercial ;)

I do hope things are going well and you soon end up where you want to be.  Youngstown.

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

What rant about San Francisco?   No I am not flying, I am working for First Amy in Rock Island in a 3 star command, flying a desk!!!

we would like to get back to Destin Fl eventually I think but Allegiant also had a base in Pittsburg and that’s home too along with Youngstown, the greatest place in the freakin world.

I really wanted the trilogy but Comet for me was a little strange.  I am kinda in love with Williams table, my stellar wars was awesome, but the inserts were cupped and someone gave me good money for mine.  When I got comet and started playing it, the sounds were kinda disappointing.  Plus that middle ramp is so fragile along with the back corkscrew.  I did reinforce that one with epoxy which worked GREAT but the middle was an issue and they were hard to find.  It was kinda like what @ronr told me about Escape from the lost world, he hated to play it because every hard shot he was waiting to break a ramp and the value goes down, down , down.  My Simpsons data East and hardbody kinda the same way.  hardbody hit that first back of targets on the lower left so hard that it breaks plastics and the ball flies up and smacks the glass, makes you cringe….hoping I don’t break any plastics on the Simpsons but I heard the left one is very susceptible

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?