Looking for some help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pswa320
    Participant
      @pswa320

im a pinball collector looking to get into VP Pinball and need some help as this is a bit confusing, been looking at the vp cabs and virtua pin builds for the actual machine.

Im wanting to have Goonies, Bond 50 and Jaws among others on the machine. What do I need to have the latest versions and to work properly with nudging and solenoid feedback etc?

thanks

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

If you go the pre-built route Zeb has a nice easy kit for adding force feedback. https://shop.zebsboards.com/EZInstall-Kit

@terryred
        can let you know what you need for Future Pinball. I believe all the games you listed are FP games. Other than that the all in one Visual Pinball 10.6 installer and a bunch of games from this site, vpforums or vpuniverse. Plenty of people around happy to help if you have trouble.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        pswa320
        Participant
          @pswa320

If you go the pre-built route Zeb has a nice easy kit for adding force feedback. https://shop.zebsboards.com/EZInstall-Kit

@terryred
          can let you know what you need for Future Pinball. I believe all the games you listed are FP games. Other than that the all in one Visual Pinball 10.6 installer and a bunch of games from this site, vpforums or vpuniverse. Plenty of people around happy to help if you have trouble.

Do the future pinball games I mentioned play well or are they more video game like? I’ve read that some of the FP stuff a few years ago wasn’t that great when it comes to physics etc…

bord
            @bord

Depends who you ask. I’ve been told they’ve (the FP guys) made strides to improve FP physics but also that it won’t ever match VPX physics, (though even the quality of VPX physics vary by game author).

It’s all a little wild west but there are some gems around. Probably best to try ’em and see what trips your trigger. Can’t beat the price.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Oh shit @bord, you may have just unleashed Terry the Red….

bord
                @bord

Haha. I know better than to poke Terry. He knows I’m a pinball sim type and I know he’s a pinball arcade type. We’ve commiserated plenty over the years about VPs graphic limitations and FPs physics limitations. We just have different tolerances for each.

Say what you will, that guy works had to make FP as cool as possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?