Lord of the Rings (Stern 1999) PuP-Pack

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Cordsl
    Participant
      @cordsl

What a great looking Pup-Pack! Thanks for sharing!

takut
      Participant
        @takut
        MemberContributor

Really love this pup pack! Is there also a way to make the video’s louder? Unlike other people the volume of the video is a lot lower than other tables. Anyway, awesome pak !

The volume is still on 100% into the Pup Editor. I don’t know how to make the sound louder without new decoding the videos. For me the sound is good and loud enough like other PupPacks. I cannot reproduce your sound issue. Sorry, I don’t have any other idea at the moment.

Jack
        Participant
          @breikers

Ok thx ! Unfortunately my pc is a bit to slow to use the pack. But it looks great.

studlygoorite
          Participant
            @studlygoorite

Well done, excellent addition to the table, thanks for doing and sharing.

Jopp
            Participant
              @joppnl

Played it tonight and it is fantastic, thank you very much.

I think I’m the only person on this planet who did not see the movie(s)  and so the pup pack really adds a lot to gameplay, really great :good: :good: :good:

(so now I must watch all 3 movies  :wacko:   )

My favorite pinball machine?
              Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

PEandS1Ws
              Participant
                @peands1ws

nice great work to bad i have a 2 screen setup will wait for the 2 screen master to patch it

This PuP pack is a little different from others in it does not use a PUPOverlay so my usual methods of making this user friendly for 2 screens is not working. I would need to add the grille to all backglass videos and this thing is huge so I will continue to work on it. Here is my screens.pup file which turns off the toppers and makes the backglass at 80% leaving an area underneath for your DMD. The .mp4 is not needed it just shows what the backglass will look like. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Pu-GwnwcW8y73LwRhbfk8YndyswcLq5B?usp=sharing
                Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 5.07.22 PM

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Bendo
                Participant
                  @bendo

Very Nice Pup Pack. Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing with the rest of us !!!

junktape
                  Participant
                    @junktape

Please try the following solution:

Please try the following solution:

Thank you I tried that but it did not yet solve the issue.   In the editor I tried to fire off some of the triggers.  I did not log them all but here is a list of the triggers that displayed rotated clips: D1, D7, D8, D11, D12, D33, D34, D35, D36 – D39, D41-D45, D47-D50, D114, D115, D153, W45 etc…

In addition, the pack does not seem to be attempting to play most videos above the overlay.  (Not sure if they are playing beneath or not.)   I’m not seeing clips for game start or for adding characters to the fellowship.   So far I’m only seeing Ring Value and Keep video clips.

Are there overlay options to select?   Also, wondering if anyone else if having this issue — Thanks for your help.

That's all folks!

takut
                    Participant
                      @takut
                      MemberContributor

I do a lot of troubleshooting to become the correct video clip with the correct trigger. After testing and changing the triggers, and testing again and changing again and again and again for me everything is running fine now. Strange that the results for you are so different. I become always the fellowship membership clips and also the start video.

I don’t have an idea how to fix it. Maybe your screens are different? My screens are as following:

Screen 0: Topper

Screen 1: DMD

Screen 2: Backglass

All other screens are overlays for Screen 0 and Screen 2

junktape
                      Participant
                        @junktape

Attached is an image of my Pup Editor – I have 0 as topper, 1 as DMD and 2 as backglass.

Does this look correct or have I accidentally loaded the wrong pup pack?

In any case, there is a thread of users over on Facebook having the same issue:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602697096474910/permalink/3487990081278926/?comment_id=3488052851272649

Whatever the case, I appreciate the work you have done.  If I made a mistake I will remove this post.  If I find answers I will share them.   Have a good day!

That's all folks!

Attachments:
                        takut
                        Participant
                          @takut
                          MemberContributor

Will be great if you found a solution. I have no idea. for me all is fine and looks good. But I’m not a PuP configuration core user, maybe somebody else have an idea how to fix it.

Are only the Topper Videos rotated?

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

for rotated videos on some systems.  The issue is this pack uses pupdisplays #6-#10 which are conflicting with your popper config.  PuPPacks should only use 11-19 for custompos screens.

the workaround for people that use rotated pupdisplays in popper is to make a custom puplayout for this pack that has all your displays set to 0(no rotation).

Here is how you make a custom puplayout :  https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

2 users thanked author for this post.
                            takut
                            Participant
                              @takut
                              MemberContributor

I change the screens according nailbusters post.

If you have already download 1.0 Pup Pack, please download only “lotr_Pup_Settings_1.0.1.zip” and replace the existing files into the lotr PuP Folder with the new files from “lotr_Pup_Settings_1.0.1.zip” https://mega.nz/file/XF8EUaAK#E9pxNd1iGGxGYSyfo42ryjP9uUV4Yqyhd7oI6JuYNeg

2 users thanked author for this post.
                              0Cool
                              Participant
                                @0cool

Super Takut! Your update is working like a charm, no rotations anymore. (And thanks to Nailbuster ofcourse!) Your puppack is really cool and adds a lot playing this table. Thanks again!

junktape
                                Participant
                                  @junktape

Thank you very much for making the changes so everyone can enjoy your pack!!!!!!

That's all folks!

Danomyte
                                  Participant
                                    @danomyte

Hi,

Firstly thanks to all who work so hard on these projects and also those that help troubleshoot.  I appreciate you all. :)

I have a 3 screen pin.  Every once in a while I have a problem where when I close out the table whether directly in VPX or in Pinball X the table closes but the PUP pack doesn’t.  Sometimes starting another Pup pack helps and sometimes this crashes VPX.

What is causing it to continue when the table is closed?  Even if I go into to task manager and close the remaining pup related processes running they fire back up.

I can’t kill of LOTR pup pack.

takut
                                    Participant
                                      @takut
                                      MemberContributor

Do you have this problems also with other PuP-Packs? Starting and Ending of the Pup-Pack works for me normal.

Blamer
                                      Participant
                                        @blamer

Thanks a lot for sharing your work!

bombaj35
                                        Participant
                                          @bombaj35

Thank you so very much

Danomyte
                                          Participant
                                            @danomyte

Takut,

Its just this Pup pack that won’t stop.  Every once in a while I have that problem with the odd Puppack and I usually wait till someone makes a revision and the problem goes away.  Its like it doesn’t fully terminate properly.  When i exit out of LOTR VPX it shuts down VPX fine but the PUP pack stays on the backbox (3 screen) and music still plays.  If I go into task manager and kill all the PUP processes they still fire back up

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?