LOTR (Stern 2003) VPX WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

adding this thread for coindroppers wip

LOTR VPX Conversion from FP. This is my first attempt at converting or creating a table, so go easy on me. Thank you to Fren for the awesome tutorial videos! This took me a lot longer than I would like to admit, but it has definitely given me even more respect for the table authors out there. There are still many bugs and I am trying to learn the lighting, so this is preliminary for testing. I think I may be hooked, so more attempts soon to come. Let me know what you guys think.

Check it out here

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Added a thread for you and good job uploading to site! It’s confusing :)

Haven’t tried table yet but wow! Very impressive to convert the thing as fast as you did if it was first time. Hope you keep making it better and better.

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

Looks great!

Punch it!

ICPjuggla
            @icpjuggla
            MembervipModerator

Nice! Thank you coin

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Seems backdrop settings are messed up for me. what is everyone using? i need to change them for my cab so will post what looks right on my 47′ 1080×1920 display

for IOS and Android

Coindropper
              Participant
                @coindropper

I’ll look at it asap. When I posted the update, I was nodding off and had a few too many so I may have posted the wrong file or something. My screenshot was on my cab which is also a 47″, so I thought I had the settings pretty close.

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

Very excited to give this one a whirl!

Paulo Carvalho
                  Participant
                    @paulohotline

Hey thanks CoinDropper for sharing your WIP of LOTR. It looks and plays great on my cab so far in my testing.

I am unable to get game sound at the moment so I am going to download another ROM to see if that is the issue. I also did get the ball stuck at the top of the ramp before entering the ring and even nudging would not pry it loose.

This is going to be a great VP10 table. Thanks again, will keep testing.

Update: I was able to get the sound going on the table by using rom LOTR9. It appears the LOTR rom I had in my rom directory was the latest from the Stern site and it was not playing DMD audio.

I also noticed that the shooter lane switch is very high so when a 2nd ball is sent into play (golum multi-ball) it will not auto-plunge since the switch is so high, so have to manually shoot it into play. Can you lower the switch closer to the plunger?

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                    http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                    "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Coindropper
                    Participant
                      @coindropper

Thanks Paulo, I’ll get these fixed asap and repost. I didn’t get a lot of time testing on my cab and it plays like crap on my laptop. Interesting with the rom. Thanks for testing and helping me find the bugs!

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I need to retry this! but i had to move my pinball room around to get christmas decorations out of crawl space. what a mess the room is now

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Coindropper
                        Participant
                          @coindropper

new update 1.21 is up. I “think” all issues are now resolved… at least I hope. Let me know if you guys find anything else!

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

looking good! you need to make sidewalls black. here is settings I like for backdrop

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                            TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

I am also having issues with the ROM. I am using “lotr” which is english version 10 from VPF. I get table sounds but no music or voices. I tried lotr9, and that asked me if I had permission to play the table (lotr didn’t), but I couldn’t get any sound. I also tried opening the coin door and turning up the audio all the way on lotr but that didn’t have an effect either.

I haven’t been having good luck lately with the ROMs.

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

I also prefer the backdrop black.

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

Also I am playing on my desktop so I adjusted the table settings. I have noticed on VP9 that you usually needed the X value to be Y x .75 but on VP10 it seems like you want a 1:1 ratio for X and Y.

Maybe it’s just desktop users are bad? :yahoo:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

No rom issues here. All working as it should.

for IOS and Android

Coindropper
                                    Participant
                                      @coindropper

Black backdrop added and your backdrop settings as well. Thanks for the settings Randr! I didn’t change the WIP number but the updates are up on 1.2. Sorry for so many updates.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Tried to chat you but you must have it off.

Great job on table. Only things missing are details like materials some need more shine but that’s not picking for what you have already done. Great job now if you want to make it better it’s just in the details. Small things make such a huge difference. Again great job and thank you for all the time I bet it took! ;)

for IOS and Android

Paulo Carvalho
                                        Participant
                                          @paulohotline

On LOTR9 you need to turn up the ROM volume by using 7 or 8 on the keyboard, I believe the default is 6, I turn it up to 25 and leave it at that.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                                          http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                                          "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

I am doing something wrong. I’ll get it figured out though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?