Maybe time for an upgrade?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    roccodimarco
    Participant
      @roccodimarco

So up until the last three tables (Hurricane, Jack Bot and Circus Voltaire) I have had no stuttering.  I’m, guessing these new tables are pushing the limits of my pc, and as the tables will only get better, I was wondering what you guys would recommend to upgrade?  I don’t want to go crazy here, just looking to get my pc up to speed, not a monster lol.

My specs:

Intel r core i3-3225 cpu @3.30 ghz Ram 8gb 64 bit os Geo force  gtx 1050 video card

Any recommendations?

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Ram 8gb – You are good

4k Tv
        I5
        1070 video card
        or
        https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997/page/8/#post-126526

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

CPU is a bit weak but i would be surprised if that was maxing out on ya. everything else looks fine really. your motherboard support i7? or i5?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

CPU is a bit weak but i would be surprised if that was maxing out on ya. everything else looks fine really. your motherboard support i7? or i5?

I’m not sure.  I wasnt aware you could update to an i5, I figured I would have to buy something new.  I will take a closer look tonight.

DeathInc
            Participant
              @deathincclan

I7 and another 8g ram. I was getting alot of stutter with the PupPacks until I went to 16g. Now smooth as silk.

Just don’t think 8g is enough anymore. Tables are going from 60 meg to 120 meg. Throw in videos. And puff your ram is gone.

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

I don’t do PUP, but as randr said, you already have pretty good specs.  I just upgraded from a 960 to a 1660, but that was more for VR than pinball.  I was pretty much stutter free on all tables using Brute Force in exclusive full screen.  If I was running into issues, I was finding that it was some kind of a system configuration issue, not my specs.

If you’re having issues, use task manager to see if your CPU is maxing out.  If not, it’s more than likely system configuration.  I found Windows 10 real-time protection was a big culprit for performance issues for me.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

roccodimarco
                Participant
                  @roccodimarco

I don’t do PUP, but as randr said, you already have pretty good specs.  I just upgraded from a 960 to a 1660, but that was more for VR than pinball.  I was pretty much stutter free on all tables using Brute Force in exclusive full screen.  If I was running into issues, I was finding that it was some kind of a system configuration issue, not my specs.

If you’re having issues, use task manager to see if your CPU is maxing out.  If not, it’s more than likely system configuration.  I found Windows 10 real-time protection was a big culprit for performance issues for me.

Yea, I have never had a problem until these three tables.  Could the culprit be running out of space on my ssd? I only have 26 gb left, but as I mentioned its just these three tables.  I have been tinkering and have yet to find a problem.

roccodimarco
                  Participant
                    @roccodimarco

Dude! You just saved me a ton of money and headaches! I could’ve SWORN, I had everything that needed to be turned off, off.  Decided to check the windows real time, and found it was still on.

I was CONVINCED turning it off wouldn’t make a difference, but hit the switch to off, and there is no lag at all! Thanks again, I very pumped, I was at my wits end!

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Glad you figured it out. Real-time protection can turn itself back on. If you Google, you can find a registry fix to permanently disable it.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Oldschool4
                      Participant
                        @oldschool4

Thats my next step permanant disable, turns itself on when restart windows,with it off constant 60fps. Might even disable updates.

zimbakin
                        Participant
                          @zimbakin

I used this guide to clean up windows 10 and permanently disable bloatware…

https://redacted.tv/2017/12/20/win10guide/

Never take advice from me,
                          you'll end up drunk.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Huh. You have to uninstall windows for that to happen ;-)

roccodimarco
                            Participant
                              @roccodimarco

One quick question.  What nividia drivers is everyone using?  I think I’m using out of the box drivers,  and I’m thinking maybe this could be a cause to some of my headaches.

outhere
                                @outhere

I have a 1070, I am on the latest

roccodimarco
                                Participant
                                  @roccodimarco

Might be a stupid question, but if I update my driver, would I have to go back in and change any settings within the graphics cards options?

outhere
                                    @outhere

Not that I know of but if you’re updating from real old it might be a good idea to do some screenshots of your settings before updating

In my video card I just use default settings

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?