Mechanical Sounds, are they mono or stereo?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

Just as the title asks… Mechanical Sounds, are they mono or stereo?

I have installed 2 tactile pucks for sound vibes in my cab.  One is on my sub-woofer output from my amp to cover the low bass sounds, while the other is on the amp’s regular left channel to cover the higher frequencies.

Keeping them separated like this allows greater volume/mixing control….. but I’m wondering if I need to order another puck for the right channel?  If the mechanics are mono there will be no need, but if they are true stereo, then I could be missing out on some sounds.

gtxjoe
      Participant
        @gtxjoe

They are stereo.  Some wav files were created with audio only on one side like dropleft and dropright wav files. Also the playsound subroutine in the scripts can direct sound to the left speaker or right speaker if desired

1 user thanked author for this post.
        RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

They are stereo. Some wav files were created with audio only on one side like dropleft and dropright wav files. Also the playsound subroutine in the scripts can direct sound to the left speaker or right speaker if desired

Cheers Joe, Looks like I better order another puck then.

Also, I should look at wiring my X-Vibes under the lockbar, so that they each only exist on one channel.  Do you know where I could find a sample of the subroutine for L/R by chance?

jbg4208
          Participant
            @jbg4208

I’m pretty sure you can fine the numbers in the latest cactus canyon version. I like to keep my flipper sounds separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

I’m pretty sure you can fine the numbers in the latest cactus canyon version. I like to keep my flipper sounds separated.

Ah I see it’s just the number in position 3 that follows the PlaySound call. Too easy! ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?