MiniCab: Talk me out of this PLEASE!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

After devoting well over 12 months of my life to a cabinet build (x2) and the subsequent setup & updates…. I am looking around my home office and realising that I have enough bit’s a pieces here to build a MiniCab.

I’m thinking a small desktop cab running a laptop & 24 inch external monitor with no top box. The idea being that it’s something small that you can just chuck under the arm and take to a friends house.

My plan for the DMD is to use the laptop screen. The folded laptop could slide out of the back on a draw, far enough to open the screen and then slide back in, so the screen comes up right behind the table.  The DMD could be positioned in the top of the screen to clear the bottom cab.

The other option is that the folded laptop slides all the way and stays out. This should allow the entire screen to be seen behind the bottom cab and then full B2S backboards could be used.

God damn it… now that I have typed this, I want to build this so bad.  PLEASE talk me out of it! ;)

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

do it! get I nice high res monitor will look amazing! do it!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

do it! get I nice high res monitor will look amazing! do it!

You’re not helping. lol

I was thinking… I seem to only play VPX now and now that JP has released Flash, all I need is FishTales and my favourites list would be complete. So with just the fave tables loaded, it wouldn’t such a big deal to manage.

OMG, now I’M being no help.  I must resist!

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

counter-point: laptops are easier to lug around. build a small input device that you can plug into your laptop and just play tables in desktop mode.

Punch it!

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

counter-point: laptops are easier to lug around. build a small input device that you can plug into your laptop and just play tables in desktop mode.

Point taken, but laptops are laptops… I want a “WOW” factor (even if it’s just a “mini-WOW”  :yahoo: ) lol

I appreciate your effort to talk me out of it though  :good:

Blashyrk
              Participant
                @blashyrk

Do-it1

Attachments:
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?