Monster Bash (VPX, Pup-Pack)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    classicradios
    Participant
      @classicradios

I’m also having trouble getting it to work with FX3. I also use PinballX, but it doesn’t work even if launching directly from FX3.

I put the files in C:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\WMS_Monster_Bash is that correct? I also re-named the backglass image file that I had for FX3 Monster Bash, so I’m only seeing a black background on my backglass. Do I need to change some settings someplace in FX3?

I have a PinDMD3, so run this before starting a FX3 table:

“C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\dmdext” mirror –source=pinballfx3 –no-virtual –quit-when-done

If I look at the PUPLOG.txt file, it isn’t updated/changed from when I last played a VPX PUP game. So it’s not even calling PUP at all.

Sorry to hear it’s not working for you.  Did you make a full copy of the folder mb_106b and rename it WMS_Monster_Bash? Your name and location for the folder is correct.    After you rename the copied folder you can overwrite the PupCapture folder with the Fx3 file:PupCapture.    No other special settings needed. works great for me.  Hope you get it working.

Erzak
      Participant
        @erzak

I’m also having trouble getting it to work with FX3. I also use PinballX, but it doesn’t work even if launching directly from FX3.

I put the files in C:\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\WMS_Monster_Bash is that correct? I also re-named the backglass image file that I had for FX3 Monster Bash, so I’m only seeing a black background on my backglass. Do I need to change some settings someplace in FX3?

I have a PinDMD3, so run this before starting a FX3 table:

“C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\dmdext” mirror –source=pinballfx3 –no-virtual –quit-when-done

If I look at the PUPLOG.txt file, it isn’t updated/changed from when I last played a VPX PUP game. So it’s not even calling PUP at all.

Sorry to hear it’s not working for you. Did you make a full copy of the folder mb_106b and rename it WMS_Monster_Bash? Your name and location for the folder is correct. After you rename the copied folder you can overwrite the PupCapture folder with the Fx3 file:PupCapture. No other special settings needed. works great for me. Hope you get it working.

I did some more searching online and saw an example that added “–pinup PinUP\[GAMENAME]” to the end of the command being run for dmdext.  Added that, and it seems to work.  Seems odd that it isn’t mentioned in this thread though.

coreduo0099
        Participant
          @coreduo0099

Thanks, but trying to get it working in PBX.

This works for aliens but not monster bash…

mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-position=5798 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true –virtual-stay-on-top –grid-spacing 0 –virtual-dotsize 0.8 –pinup “[TABLEFILEWOEXT]”

This does not:

mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-position=5798 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true –virtual-stay-on-top –grid-spacing 0 –virtual-dotsize 0.8 –pinup PINUP\”[TABLEFILEWOEXT]”

nor this:

mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-position=5798 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true –virtual-stay-on-top –grid-spacing 0 –virtual-dotsize 0.8 –pinup PINUP\[TABLEFILEWOEXT]

Erzak
          Participant
            @erzak

Thanks, but trying to get it working in PBX.

This works for aliens but not monster bash…

mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-position=5798 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true –virtual-stay-on-top –grid-spacing 0 –virtual-dotsize 0.8 –pinup “[TABLEFILEWOEXT]”

This does not:

mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-position=5798 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true –virtual-stay-on-top –grid-spacing 0 –virtual-dotsize 0.8 –pinup PINUP\”[TABLEFILEWOEXT]”

nor this:

mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-position=5798 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true –virtual-stay-on-top –grid-spacing 0 –virtual-dotsize 0.8 –pinup PINUP\[TABLEFILEWOEXT]

Weird, since the command line that I posted works for Monster Bash, but when I try it with Aliens, the PUP backglass is hidden behind the non-existent static image for Aliens.  When I quit the game, I briefly see the PUP-BG stuff.  I read somewhere to turn off BG re-positioning in FX3, but then that will affect all FX3 tables, and since most of them don’t have PUP content, that would mess them up.  Will have to try some more experimentation.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

Do you have FX3 (Aliens) producing the image or is the front in producing the imagine

If you have the image in the steam folder then just remove it

Erzak
              Participant
                @erzak

Do you have FX3 (Aliens) producing the image or is the front in producing the imagine

If you have the image in the steam folder then just remove it

I did remove the image in the steam folder.  I’m using PinballX as my front end, and have ‘hide backglass’ checked in the game manager.  What I see is a black screen with the text telling what directory to put BG images in, just like when I first turned on cabinet mode and didn’t have any BG images for Steam/FX3.

outhere
                  @outhere

Try this

Have the front end put all the images up and turn it off in FX3

Erzak
                  Participant
                    @erzak

Try this

Have the front in put all the images up and turn it off in FX3

Yay, that worked!  Thanks for the tip.

force10wind
                    Participant
                      @force10wind

this is one of my favorite pup packs.

Thank you!

PhotoRay
                      Participant
                        @photoray

Help! Can’t get it to show on the backless during normal play. It works find in the editor tester. What’s my next step? Everything is up to date and all my other Pup Packs work great. Thanks!

SOLVED! – Put the Pup Pack videos in the mb_10 folder.

coreduo0099
                        Participant
                          @coreduo0099

Help! Can’t get it to show on the backless during normal play. It works find in the editor tester. What’s my next step? Everything is up to date and all my other Pup Packs work great. Thanks!

SOLVED! – Put the Pup Pack videos in the mb_10 folder.

mb_10??

don’t you mean mb_106b

dondi
                          Participant
                            @dondi

Ok, for those having trouble with getting this to work with FX3, delete the included ExactColourMatch.txt file from the PUPCapture folder (if you simply overwrote that folder with the FX3 version – the VPX version includes this file, and if you simply overwrite, this file stays intact and will cause issues).

tl;dr
                            I just spent a fair amount of time troubleshooting this, running in circles. All my PUP Packs work, including FX3 Aliens. I had the backglass attract mode for this (the castle with the bat flying around) and nothing was being triggered. I tried changing all sorts of DMDExt stuff, risking my working setup, to see if I could force the recognition of the DMD images. I finally stumbled across a post on the PinUp FB group where there was subtle mention of deleting this file. I tried this as a laast resort, and everything works in FX3.

coreduo0099
                            Participant
                              @coreduo0099

I’ve still not got it going.. it is the only puppack that does not work on my rig.  Maybe you and I are the only ones left using pinballx and trying this puppack…

outhere
                                @outhere

opps

coreduo0099
                                Participant
                                  @coreduo0099

I finally figured it out an the pup pack now works launching from PinballX.  I found the answer during troublshooting my rig with Terry Reds new goodies.

Copy the pupinit.bat from the FP Aliens PUPPack into the WMX_Monster_Bash PUPPack directory and it works!

belzebub23771
                                  Participant
                                    @belzebub23771

Great THANK YOU for your Work :yahoo:

cdnbum88
                                    Participant
                                      @cdnbum88

The script for table shows 3 roms to choose from. I had only downloaded the last b version and table would not start. So I downloaded all 3 and have in roms folder and the pop up menu I selected the last one (b) and it does not work.

I am sure I am doing something simple wrong.

Assistance?

Gramps
                                      Participant
                                        @gramps

That game is so much fun with the PuP Pack.  Thank you !!!!!!

defre1976
                                        Participant
                                          @defre1976

hi ,

Sorry for the noob question .

But why oh why i am missing video’s when i play .

When i look this video for expample i don’t see the text appearing ” Welcome to monster bash ”

I see the castle with the bat , When i launch a bal i see a little video and when i hit the left hole , i see the fish monster . But for the rest i don’t see much .

Its like i am doing something wrong .

Can i please have to some help here .

My setup cab 3 screens .

I am trying now for several hours to fix this , no matter what i do . the text video’s are not appearing .

using latest monster bash table with pinup 1.4 , setup everything 2 months ago .

puppack harry potter , masters of the univers . elvis , all working .

Is this pack still working now ??

Ok , got it to work :yahoo:

I needed to update dmdext to 1.8. But i first took the 64bit version. I needed to install the 32bit. And working now.

rudil24
                                          Participant
                                            @rudil24

BEAUTIFUL pack. The attract is great, then the rest is really well-timed yet unobtrusive to the play.  One of the best themed PuP Packs I’ve seen yet. Well done @classicradios!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?