MP4 files stutter on backglass/ M4V files are smooth

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    irondragoon
    Participant
      @irondragoon

Rise from your grave!

I also ran into this. Stranger Things ran a-ok, Tron was all lag and pixelation. I wasn’t about to accept reformating and reinstalling as an answer. What fixed it for me was turning down 4XAA from quality to fast.

I have an HP Omen Obelisk. All the other setting are for a high end PC. (Just for Googlers that land here like I did)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Randyre
      Participant
        @randyre

Rise from your grave!

I also ran into this. Stranger Things ran a-ok, Tron was all lag and pixelation. I wasn’t about to accept reformating and reinstalling as an answer. What fixed it for me was turning down 4XAA from quality to fast.

I have an HP Omen Obelisk. All the other setting are for a high end PC. (Just for Googlers that land here like I did)

Great news, and don’t really remember whether I played with those settings, might not have, so might not be related, but hey.! A Fix is a fix… :)

Cognis
        Participant
          @cognis

I have a pretty high end setup and was still running into video lag.  I didn’t want to have to rebuild Windows just to solve this so I gave NailBuster’s advice a shot and grabbed Handbreak.  Took the videos for Harry Potter and converted them from 1080p to 720p and now that PupPack plays butter smooth even under super multi ball.

The videos were originally 1080p but my backglass and the topper/dmd lcds are only 720p.  From what I’ve researched mismatched video to lcd is the main reason high end rigs are still having lag.  Well worth the time to convert those videos.  I’m now doing the same to the rest of the video-intensive PupPacks like Tron Legacy and Stranger Things.

apophis
          Participant
            @massie

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to add what I’ve learned. I had this Exact same issue (I think) but was able to solve it without a windows reinstall. My system setup is very similar to @Randyre (I have an i5, GTX 1070, and SSD). All I had to do was run my emulator (VPX) in Windowed Mode, NOT in Forced Exclusive Fullscreen Mode. It was that simple.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?