My Windows Vista 64bit the dust!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

Just had my computer make a very loud popping noise, then electric surging and arcing, then smell of burnt wires.

Scared the hell out of me!!  Obviously it never turned back on after that.

My first thought was “There goes my flash mod updates!!”

I actually thought alot more than that, but thats the only one without cussing or hollering in it!! lol

I opened it up to survey the damage, and couldn’t see any burn marks or discoloring of circuit boards.

So I think it is the PSU. The fan on this PSU makes noise, and when it doesn’t make noise, it is because the fan stopped working and doesn’t come back on, and I have to go behind computer and push start fan with a toothpick. Or at least I used too. It is retired for the time being.

So until I get a new PSU….

I removed the hard drive, and put it into the computer I got from Steve. (Still can’t thank you enough Steve!!) I was then able to copy everything off of it!! So I lost nothing!!!  I then formatted and restored to factory and am using the harddrive right now as I type!!

Just thought I would share this tragedy with you all, as I went from thinking this was the end of my table modding career, to jumping in the air with joy and shouting THANK YOU STEVE!!!!

It was a very dramatic 3 hours I tell ya!!

Back to work on Battlestar Galactica flasher mod!!

Thank you for your time.

Carry on.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

While you where down – you should have rid yourself of Vista … it is pure evil !

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Vista is sooooo bad I agree. Lol

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
          Participant
            @sliderpoint
            MemberContributor

Agreed.  Glad you didn’t lose anything, but… vista… that’s gotta go.  I think it was trying to tell you something.

xenonph
            Participant
              @xenonph
              MemberContributor

I agree!!

The only reason I used this Vista for online activity for so long, is because I own a legal copy of it. Otherwise I would have switched a long time ago to a newer windows. I am a paranoid schitzophrenic. So you can see why I won’t use a cracked version of Windows online.

And I am stuck in my ways. Why buy a New Windows disc? when the old one still works? Plus I am not exactly on the wealthy side. I am not poor, but I don’t have alot of money to spend on these things.

Sure it doesn’t allow alot of programs to install and work,(UltraDMD, PROC, and alot of other programs just wont work on the Vista.)

But it is legal and calms some of my paranoia.

I will buy a Win 10 disc eventually. (Hopefully before Windows 20 comes out!! lol) This event may have just pushed me in that direction.

Daryl
              Participant
                @allknowing2012

legal keys available on ebay for like $6 (cdn) .. download the software from microsoft and enable with a legit surplus key.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?