new GPU can someone verify this

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

just got a new card for my cabinet.  I originally had a GTX460 and I got a great deal a gtx970.  Have no plans to upgrade to a 4k so it should be enough for now.  Honestly for how old the 460 was it did a great job.  only table I had issues with was Cirque Voltaire. with the 970, do I need to download any new nvidea software or drivers, it started right up and is working.  Also, do these settings looks correct?  Thanks

Untitled

robertms
      Participant
        @mophead

Your settings look good, pretty conservative though. Not sure which CPU you’re using but generally with the GTX970 (4GB version) running at 1080P/60Hz you should be able to enable Reflect Dynamic Elements and even Brute-force 4X SSAA for a major visual upgrade. Enjoy the new set up!

Badazzwi
        Participant
          @badazzwi

I use a 970 for 4k and my settings are similar to yours.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Remember what I said about nvidia DSR – give it a try.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Yeah that’s the next step Thalamus.  Btw, love your SSF page, been updating all my tables with your scripts and new ball rolling sounds.  There are a few that I am having trouble with but I will compile them all up in the end to figure out.  Thanks!

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

which one of these would apply?

Untitled

robertms
                Participant
                  @mophead

which one of these would apply?

Untitled

For DSR use 4.00x (native resolution). Then change the resolution in VPX Video Preferences to 3840X2160(60hZ) AND turn off Brute Force.

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

you only change the pf monitor in vpx?

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

that looks pretty amazing.  the only this it did though was screw up the dmd placement on the 3rd screen.  Is there a way to set the default dmd location easily.  I have no clue how I did it the first time

**disregard, I remember.  do I need t change resolution for the other screens also, and should I change resolution of screens in windows display settings because its switching back and forth when I enter and exit vpx

robertms
                      Participant
                        @mophead

do I need t change resolution for the other screens also, and should I change resolution of screens in windows display settings because its switching back and forth when I enter and exit vpx

In this case DSR affects VPX only (your “gaming application”) so it will switch back an forth by design. Your other screens should be running their native resolution, no changes are necessary.

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

it screwed all my dmd locations though, gonna have to fix all that stuff..ugh, but it looks good, thanks

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

If you use freezy. It should be more or less just a couple of numbers in dmddevice.ini. This is the disadvantage of not having a “real dmd”.

robertms
                            Participant
                              @mophead

This is the disadvantage of not having a “real dmd”.

True that, next stop: real DMD @armyaviation ;-)

robertms
                              Participant
                                @mophead
                                1. This is the disadvantage of not having a “real dmd”.

True that, next stop: real DMD @armyaviation ;-)

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

Had one and I sold it.  I would have had to rebuild my cab top to get it to fit since I built it with a monitor.  Also I have a few real videos playing on that screen so I decided to sell it to a local guy that really wanted it.  Probably should have kept it but oh well.  I did move dmd over initially but then I started changing other stuff and that was it.  Any other settings to look at in the nvidea settings?

And again don’t change the resolution on the bg monitor also?

newtopinball78
                                  Participant
                                    @newtopinball78

I also just upgraded to a gtx 1060 6gb is there any settings besides the dsr in nvidia controls that is recommended??

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Some seems to have better result setting nVidia’ vsync than the builtin. Basically. You could always try IF you have problems, to let the nVidia graphic driver do AA instead of VPX. And, you don’t want to run DSR if you are running 4k !

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

why is the position of the dmd on the 3rd screen affected by the other screens.  It seems like in the dmddevice config file you should be able to set it on a certain screen and move it relative only to that screen

LynnInDenver
                                        Participant
                                          @lynnindenver

Most of the settings are, at best, referencing off the second screen if they don’t reference the first. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to reference off screens “further down” the line. This is why people with real DMDs don’t have the issues – the DMD isn’t really a screen as far as Windows is concerned. It also seems to be introducing issues with Windows 10 based pincabs, as Windows appears to be handling the screens more loosely behind the scenes and doing the “arrange for presentation effect” at a much later stage than the various bits of software were actually written to expect.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

two issues

how hot does a gpu get normally.  the back of my comp case is warm and the back of the gpu is pretty warm/hot to the touch.  I have my computer laying on its side with the side cover off facing up so the heat can escape up and out of the computer.  the gpu has two fans, and the case has two fans in it but does it need the cover on it to create a seal for the fans to actually push the air out?

the feedback I am getting from the pf speakers is because I have the power coming from the same psu that is running the dof and goodies.  I can try powering it directly from the computer but I believe it did the same thing. how do you have it and might it just be the amp

t does a normal gpu get.  The back of the computerhow hot howwowdciuhwodiuchoiudnhsacvoijw[0i-942e

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?