new GPU can someone verify this

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

my displays are all f****d up now.  this is not making me happy.  I did the DSR thing and after that nothing will go back to normal.  vpx is trying to make the backglass the pf and the pf the bg.  I did the screen res check and when I adjust the pf it changes the bg screen.  Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

the display settings in win are correct, the screen res file is now correct.  the display properties in vpx are backwards.  Its showing on the right screens now but it has the resolutions backwards and wont let me change them.  where does vpx get its info from.  thought it was the screen res file.  is it in the registry?  what does the * mean next to the screen number 2 in the display properties of vpx

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

vp9 and pm5 are working fine, just vpx.. fixed, and for a second time have no clue what fixed it.  it doesn’t make sense how vpx assigns screens and resolutions

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

I think it means what screen shows on the left in the windows display settings dialog… unless I’m misunderstanding what problem you are having.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

no, vpx had it backwards.  screen res and b2s were correct, pf1, bg2, dmd3.  vpx had BG screen 1 and pf screen 2.  I had to go into the screen res file and change the screen that is associated with the bg to 1 and that fixed it.  Why, no clue.  I have pf on DSR with a res of 3840x 2160 now.  everything is fine.  I want to make the BG screen my primary monitor in the display settings in windows but I am afraid its gonna screw everything up.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Mentioned not that long time ago in the beta thread. Get 10.5 – VPinballX.exe only and use it to fix your monitor with ?

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

I went back to that old thread and saw that but couldn’t figure out what you meant.  In 10.5 you can change that and 10.6 you cant?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Different way of controlling the monitor, which you seem to struggle with. That is also why you had to ask for the * – it is “new”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Tom
                    Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

I like the old way better!  I got it under control now.  screens are setup up perfect now.  Thanks Thalamus!

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Oh. I agree. I saw no problems with the way it used to work. But, I’m sure that there was a reasoning behind the change. :unsure:

You are now back on 10.6 ?

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

Yep all caught up

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

Unfortunately today I tried to install future pinball, for the 8th time……. so confused.    But it confirms that my screens are still backwards.  Future pinball and vpx are both saying that screen 1 is 2 and 2 is 1.  vp9 is the opposite.  there has to be a registry setting that is telling both programs this

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor
                            Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?