No feedback or bass from playfield exciters

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

This is good stuff guys.  I was under the assumption that exciters alone give you the solenoid thumps feel.  I did have a 6 inch sub on the front amp and I think I will put it back.  I wouldn’t mind not feeling anything as long as the sound is good.

I was looking at that Daytona audio page and was looking at those mini exciters.  Wonder what it would feel like if you mounted 2 on the underside of the lockdown bar.  I have room on mine

njk70
      Participant
        @njk70

You will probably want an actual bass shaker rather than a sub. You feel a bass shaker as much (or more) than you hear it. The subwoofer is more for what you hear and for non playfield audio. So you put a subwoofer on your backbox speaker amp to provide bass for your rom sounds and music. Bass shakers on your exciter amps to thump your cabinet. Ideally you use two. I like having a big one in back and a smaller one up front to give a little more variety to the sounds made. Doesn’t hurt to try different things and adjust to suit your own tastes. Just because I like a setup doesn’t mean anyone else will :).

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?