Oculus VR Setup & Tweak Guide

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    cdnbum88
    Participant
      @cdnbum88

So if I already have a virtual pinball cabinet built with SSF, I can get a VR headset and play many VPX/FX tables?

I see the setup guide and I glanced at it and VPX settings change and stuff, but can both VR and VP coexist on the same cabinet?

Do you get the feedback while playing VR from the cabinet or they are not ‘connected’?

Just curious.

Sixtoe
      Participant
        @kiella

So if I already have a virtual pinball cabinet built with SSF, I can get a VR headset and play many VPX/FX tables?

I see the setup guide and I glanced at it and VPX settings change and stuff, but can both VR and VP coexist on the same cabinet?

Do you get the feedback while playing VR from the cabinet or they are not ‘connected’?

Just curious.

Yes, there’s some hoops to jump through and some further tweaking required to get them working well together, this is copied and pasted from the facebook VR group by Joe;

HOW TO RUN VR PINBALL ON YOUR NORMAL PINBALL CAB.
        I thought id post a guide on how I am running VR along with my normal VPX tables as I see a few posts asking for help.
        I am running my Quest 2 on my VPX 3 screen cabinet which has over 800 normal VPX table using PinballX frontend. Quest 2 runs with link cable in my setup and works using either SteamVR or Open Composite which i use personally.
        Follow the VR pinball guide in announcements section to setup your system.
        Once done i have VPXVRGL.exe setup in the visual pinball folders just like other normal versions. I have a new VR tables Folder set up at Visualpinball/tables/VRtables
        In there i place my VR table downloads. Also you need to copy all the stuff in your normal tables folder such as screenres.txt and the b2s files also just to be safe.
        When installing VPXVR make sure you download the original version from github or maybe sourceforge and then install the latest version found in the topics vrbuilds on this facebook group over the top.
        Once done and running outside of your front end. Install VR Launcher can be found on Vpinball site and follow its instructions to get working outside of frontend.
        When all is working, in PinballX settings add another system and make it run VR Launcher.
        Now my system on startup loads pinballX and from their I can select to play my normal VPX tables, FX3, FX2, Pro Pinball FP etc also it has VR pinball as a selection.
        When selected it loads VR Launcher.
        Put Quest 2 headest on and now all your VR tables can be selected in VR and run and played.
        I did have to make my exit button different to my normal PinballX system exit button though as didnt work so i made it number 2 which is my extraball Button on my cab. When playing in VR i hit the Extraball button and it will exit back to launcher. Then from VRLauncher if I hit the extraball button again on cab it will exit back to PinballX. Take headset off and back to normal.
        Other issues I had was some VR tables such as Funhouse do not display the alphanumeric DMD unless you uncheck the FS cabinet mode box in VPXVR settings.
        However any settings you change in VPXVR will change normal VPX settings aswell as they are linked in the registry. To over come this in PinballX settings when launching VR luncher i have a run before bat file that unchecked the FS cabinet mode in the registry and then a run on exit bat file to change it back. Ill add bat file when on my Cab next.
        If you dont do this your normal VPX tables are all the wrong POV and unplayable.
        Lastly not all Pup packs that run in normal VPX tables run in the VR versions, the ones that dont add to your script PuPHide = 1. This will stop the pup from loading.
        Enjoy!!

dotech134
        Participant
          @dotech134

I’m a newbe to VR.  I have a 3 screen cabinet and Oculus Rift S.  I’ve followed the guide, but I when I start VPX_GL and pick the VR Room Table.  I still just see my playfield sideways (as designed for cab).  No VR room and table is not 3d just replicating my 3rd screen.  Am I missing how to launch this from the Oculus App?

Thanks!

Sixtoe
          Participant
            @kiella

Have you installed opencomposite? It sounds like it’s running as normal but I’m not sure, I’ve never set it up from a cabinet…

In theory it should just work

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?