Patching Roms

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mccorkled
    Participant
      @mccorkled

I am unsure if this is in the right place. I downloaded VPUColorROMPatcher_v0.1 and cannot get the roms working right upon patch. When I boot into the table after patching and zipping the rom the VPX throws an error that the rom crashed. I have tried this on several roms.

I followed all of the very simple instructions and cannot get a single one working right. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I use the command line bspatch.exe – and I’ve never had issues as long as I’m making sure that I use it against the correct rom. You can’t just pick a version 1.61 patch and add it to a 1.62 rom like I saw someone else trying to do. If it works after that – well, then is out of pure luck. I recommend getting the roms from VPU and posting your problems in the original release thread.

mccorkled
        Participant
          @mccorkled

I use the command line bspatch.exe – and I’ve never had issues as long as I’m making sure that I use it against the correct rom. You can’t just pick a version 1.61 patch and add it to a 1.62 rom like I saw someone else trying to do. If it works after that – well, then is out of pure luck. I recommend getting the roms from VPU and posting your problems in the original release thread.

How do you determine what version of the rom and what version of the patch you’re working with?

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Should say so in the readme or where ever you download it from. And when you patch it – you have to have the rom extracted.

bushav
            Participant
              @bushav

Woo hoo!  I’ve tried to patch Star Trek LE on and off all week. Woke up early this morning and got it to work!  The online instructions we’re accurate. My issues were associated with just having never seen it done before. It’s so satisfying when the techniques used in this hobby produce pleasant results.

Lane

dexyman
              Participant
                @dexyman

trying to patch spiderman and cant getbs patcher to work  type is command andhit enter and it bdoesnt work

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

I use this for patching

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4808-vpu-color-rom-patcher/

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

I tried Metallica 1.8 the other day and got it to work but the color was still white.  I am gonna have to revisit that, it’s been a while since I did one

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

It is all white until the game starts – or I should say, you pick a song. No issues here and Fast Flip by @djrobx is working perfectly. Unfortunately just became aware this patch and now I have to head to bed. :-(

outhere
                        @outhere

I tried Metallica 1.8 the other day and got it to work but the color was still white.  I am gonna have to revisit that, it’s been a while since I did one

Same here

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

I was maybe a bit unclear in my last post. For me it starts up with white letters, on black background, showing rom version etc at start. Then color from there. All blue high-score in the end. It looks ok to me. Guess I can make a video or something of it later on today. On a different timezone than most of you guys.

outhere
                            @outhere

I have no color at all when playing the game

But the 1.70 works fine

outhere
                              @outhere

Fixed

Make sure this is the name of the bin before you zip it up

mtl180hc.bin

or this

MTL180hc.BIN

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?