Pinup works … sort of. 2. issues I need help with please

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GCS2000
    Participant
      @gcs2000

First thanks to the developers here that created this software. Nice work everyone.

I basically have pinup working in a default setting ie I haven’t bothered with media yet.

#1 – no joystick functions in the menu ie wheel etc. Joystick buttons work and are programmed just fine in the setup screens so not sure what’s the deal within the actual menu.  FYI I am using a zebsboards plunger kit as my controller which is programmed as a joystick

#2 – I can scroll the menu with the keyboard and start a game in vpx. Table loads and is playable works the same as if I loaded directly from vpx ie no front end. Problem is exiting. When I exit out of the table it closes vpx ie like when you choose exit and quit to editor in box. Also pinup closes and takes me to windows but I have lost my windows bar at the bottom and more importantly I cannot restart pinup at all without a full reboot.

No matter what I try this is what happens every time

TIA

Greg

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

take a look here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=faq

browse read as much as you can there…  it’ll cover almost everything

The joystick issue, i don’t know… works for almost everyone I hear,  under wheelbar config is where you setup the type of joystick you have.

do you have multiple joysticks perhaps?

GCS2000
        Participant
          @gcs2000

Nope just the one zebsboard plunger kit that is programmed as a joystick.  Nothing else

GCS2000
          Participant
            @gcs2000

Ok joystick issue resolved.  Switched to DirectX instead of Xinput and cab buttons work in pinup popper

Exit and restart of pinup seems to be resolved by setting up essentially 2 exit buttons on the cab – 1 to exit the emulator back to menu then another to exit popper to windows.  Fixed that issue.

Slowly but surely getting things working, one step at a time.  Have to work on videos, media and all of that but the basics seem to work and I can launch and play a game now all with cabinet buttons.

If only I could get Pinball FX3 to work with the cab buttons I would be super happy.

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

FX3 will only work with xbox360 gamepad, xboxone gamepad, or keyboard controls.

The only other option is the try to use x360ce to “emulate” an xbox360 gamepad with FX3.

fakingdeath
              Participant
                @fakingdeath

The only other option is the try to use x360ce to “emulate” an xbox360 gamepad with FX3.

+1

Works like a charm for me

outhere
                Participant
                  @brucev

http://www.x360ce.com/

GCS2000
                  Participant
                    @gcs2000

x360 has never worked for me – tried many times.

However I was able to DL and run xpadder and can now function in FX3 just fine with cabinet controls.  Of course manual plunge and nudging are not usable but at this point I am happy with just being able to play FX3 with cab controls.  Lots more to sort out with FX3 (DMD, Backglasses and hopefully DOF).

***I do have 2 more questions and figured I would post here vs. another thread.

First I have a screen issue – backglass is not showing in pinup (shows fine in games) nor is the DMD showing anything in pinup (again fine in games).  I am positive this is a simple set up issue (i.e. I did something wrong in the steps).  How can I get back to that original setup screen after install where you have the list of things (BG, DMD, PF, Menu etc etc) on the left and set the size and position on the right side?  I am betting that is where I did something wrong unless some has an easier way for me to correct my issues.

FYI I am running 2 screens (PF, BG) and then real DMD (pindmdV3).

Second – I am sure this is a dumb one but will ask anyway.  Media wise for things to show up in pinup menu – PF, BG, wheel logo etc – we need to record these items right?  Or has this been done already for most games and we can DL things.  I see some pup packs on the site but I think they are for changing how a game runs (like TerryRed’s tron).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?