Pirates of the Caribbean (Stern 2006) – SP 1.0

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    alulabxxx
    Participant
      @alulabxxx

I have crash with this table and i don’t find a Solution. It’s not a problem of your version, but when i do a specific goal of the table it crash. When it crash on dmd there is always The same scene in the same Point.

I use potc_600as and i have take it from here.

I have try 10.5 final withou no modify only frenzydmd 1.71.

Try with 10.6 3659 and 3664 latest Sam and vpinmane 3.2 beta.

Try with nvidia and amd vga.

I have two crash file but i don’t know how Read it.. … One is to open with Block note, but the other one?

Pls can anyone try to help me?

Tnx all

alulabxxx
      Participant
        @alulabxxx

I have crash with this table and i don’t find a Solution. It’s not a problem of your version, but when i do a specific goal of the table it crash. When it crash on dmd there is always The same scene in the same Point.

I use potc_600as and i have take it from here.

I have try 10.5 final withou no modify only frenzydmd 1.71.

Try with 10.6 3659 and 3664 latest Sam and vpinmane 3.2 beta.

Try with nvidia and amd vga.

I have two crash file but i don’t know how Read it.. … One is to open with Block note, but the other one?

Pls can anyone try to help me?

Tnx all

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Try it without the color and with crc turned on. What it might be is that your patched rom has an error, but, because your run with the color rom and have turned off crc. You will not be warned that something is wrong before you actually “hit that point” – if I understood the problem correctly.

alulabxxx
          Participant
            @alulabxxx

Thalamus, first, Thank you so much to answer me.

I use freezy but not for color, use only to set position and dimensions of dmd more easly, and for me dmd with it is more beuaty :)

My crc is off now, in every my experiment. Today i with crc on and without freezy.

Thank you again, i hope that i can solve my problem

Loganchihuahua
            Participant
              @chihua07

One more thing you could try.  Download potc_600af  and use it instead of 600as. Then change the rom name in the script.  Maybe a different rom by chance could help. Although i have heard of no problems with 600as. Worth a try.  VPU has that rom, but they are down strangely atm. One stands for American Spanish.  The other American French.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              alulabxxx
              Participant
                @alulabxxx

Seems to be the freezy.dll 1.71

I remove it and use the normal virtual dmd. My problem seems to be solved.

Someone use that and can reproduce this issue ? Think that it’s interesting for the community i have try on 3 pc and i always have this problem.

moreguinness
                Participant
                  @moreguinness

New to community (finally pulled trigger on getting a 3-monitor cab) and I ran into the same problem as you Alulabxxx. If “Extra Ball” lit and I put it into the red ramp, it freezes on the animation and crashes completly with latest Freezy dmd.  It worked as you suggested if disable and use normal virtual DMD, but thankfully it also works with Freezy if you use a colorized DMD instead.

I created an “altcolor” folder inside my “VpinMAME” folder and grabbed a ton of color dmds from here (Pirates was one of them): http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4966-more-altcolor-color-pallettes/

I had to use the English/French version “potc_600af”, changed in script and grabbed that rom too. Then in table, pressing F1, checkmarked “Use external DMD (dll) and “Colorize DMD”.

With the  addition of the Pirates PUP-Pack (and renaming that too to potc_600af), this table is easily one of my favorites I’ve come across so far. Thanks for all the hard work that was put into this from all parties involved.

Also, thanks L0stS0ul for your Enter Initials fix. My cab too uses keys 5 and 6 for the flippers…

L0stS0ul
                  Participant
                    @l0sts0ul

Make sure you are using v1.7.1 of Freezy’s DLL and not 1.7.2. I’ve had crashes with 1.7.2 when not using the colorized roms for stern machines. Star Trek also crashed for me when getting a replay. I’ve never had a crash issue with 1.7.1. Look in windows event viewer for the crash. If you see something like this reinstall 1.7.1 of freezy

Application: VPinballX.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IndexOutOfRangeException at LibDmd.Common.ColorUtil.ColorizeFrame

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Actually. Instead of running 1.7.1 freezy release – try this one. https://github.com/mjrgh/dmd-extensions/releases ( pick 1.7.1 version )

1.7.1 freezy is what you want to run because the 1.7.2 has color issues. MJR sent new code that was implemented into freezy’1.7.2, but, since it has this the color issue, it is not used much. MJR backported his fix for 1.7.1 once I made him aware of the color problem. I’ve been running it for a while now and I recommend it over the regular freezy 1.7.1.

@Outhere
                      swears to the newest beta by freezy. I run pindmd3, and I’ve experienced stutter and odd things running that version. If you have a LCD or a Pin2DMD. It might be a alternative.

moreguinness
                      Participant
                        @moreguinness

Thanks a ton.  I went to MJR’s v1.7.1, tried it out, and still crashed at same spot (even tried just Freezy’s 1.7.1 dll). Oh well, left it at MJR v1.7.1 and color turned on (which I preferred anyhow) and calling it a day… appreciate the tips.  On the plus side, I beat my previous high score with all the extra playtime.  :yahoo:

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

At what point does it crash you say ?

moreguinness
                          Participant
                            @moreguinness

Once you get the Extra Ball lit and go into the kickout-hole in the middle red ramp, the animation for the cannon fire starts on my DMD monitor, and it locks up for me during that phase. All you see on the DMD is a cloud of smoke, then it freezes and crashes/closes the game.

L0stS0ul
                            Participant
                              @l0sts0ul

There should be a crash report in Windows event viewer under the applications section. When mine was crashing on Star trek the info in that crash report pointed right to the line of code it was crashing on. If you can get that data it would help the programmers

moreguinness
                              Participant
                                @moreguinness

OK, I replayed and generated fresh crash events this morning. (See attached)

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Thanks guys for what seems to me a error report that can be used at least for the smartest guys in our community ;)

L0stS0ul
                                  Participant
                                    @l0sts0ul

interesting. certainly seems to be the same error I was seeing with star trek. Thought it was only in 1.7.2. I have just been using the color roms forever though so maybe mine still has the issue. I did open a ticket for it. might be helpful to respond to it or create a new ticket for freezy and reference mine

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues/155

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

Did you try this Rom

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3282-pirates-of-the-caribbean-v60-english-spanish/

Then change the name of the folder for the pup-pack

moreguinness
                                      Participant
                                        @moreguinness

Yes, that was the one I initially grabbed and tried before I even installed the PuP Pack, and was the first time I noticed the crash. I figured that one may have been the culprit initially so I went for the English/French version after. Same results.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Hmm. So, who is the culprit ? I don’t run pup packs. I’ve never seen this happen – yet ?

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

This is a stumpier

I have all the pup packs installed, they all run great

All Monitors set at the same refresh rate?

Have you tried other puppacks for other games, If so which ones?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?