Pirates of the Caribbean (Stern 2006) – SP 1.0

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    moreguinness
    Participant
      @moreguinness

Yes, have PuP Packs running on Stranger Things, Woz, Avatar, Star Trek. No issues. Same refresh rates set. The PuP pack runs fine, it’s the DMD part that seems to be the issue. I had the crash before and after the PuP Pack installed.  Only way it doesn’t crash for me is if I either don’t use freezy dmd .dll and use the virtual dmd instead, or I do enable the .dll and use a colorized version instead.  I’m going to do what LostSoul suggested and post the issue in freezy’s GitHub, referencing his old ticket where he had the same issue on another table.

Can’t thank everyone enough… this forum is a breath of fresh air for folks jumping on every single small issue that comes up and willing to help out. A lot of perfectionists out there I can relate to, lol. I just initially posted my workaround for others to see so at least may help getting the table to run for them, but if bug squashing is a goal, I’m glad to help any way I can as well…

I think I’ll also try to get good enough on that Star Trek table as well (haven’t played it much being new to all this), and see if it crashes at same point too that LostSoul initially had a similar issue.

Thanks again everyone!

shaman
      Participant
        @shaman

Thank you for the update Sliderpoint. Really enjoy this table, very nice.  :yahoo:

bietekwiet
        Participant
          @bietekwiet

Thank you for the table. My 7 year old boy (and myself) love playing it.

I need some help though:

The table is upside down in my DIY 2-screen mini pincab so I change the XY rotation from 270 to 90 in the POV options.

This fixes it but no matter what I do, the next time I open the table it is upside down again. I saved after changing the XY rotation but it always reverts back to 270.

Because of this I had to delete the table from my Pinballx menu and my boy can’t play it any longer.

Is there a fix?

ps: I tried importing several POV files to see if that fixes it but it doesn’t . Next time I open the table it is upside down again.

ps2: I tried the 4k version of the table as well. Same issue.

playing potc

Frustrating as it is our favorite pinball table to date.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

This is NOT the same table as over at VPF – saw and responded to that over there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Yeah, I might slightly prefer this version…

lol

bietekwiet
              Participant
                @bietekwiet

Yeah, I might slightly prefer this version…

lol

Thank you, Thalamus, and apologies for double posting on both forums.

Simply deleting the POV file that I downloaded was the solution. From then on, all manual changes I make in the POV window in VPinMame stick and are properly saved.

cbnlnk121
                Participant
                  @cbnlnk121

Hey all. I’ve just loaded this game. Every time I get to HEART multi ball, the table crashes. Same for the MOD version. Any ideas why?

Newbie here, so what can I post to help?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Have you validated your rom ?

cbnlnk121
                    Participant
                      @cbnlnk121

I have not. How would I best go about doing that?

Now that I think about it, I haven’t done it with any of my time so good time for me to learn how.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Use search – this is one of the links I’ve found.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/checking-rom-files/#post-108001

cbnlnk121
                        Participant
                          @cbnlnk121

Turns out, even running the romcheckers and whatever tools, the ROM of 600af was at fault. The ‘fixers’ didnt correct the problem, but if I used the 600as, it all works perfect.

Galahad
                          Participant
                            @galahad

Thank you!
                            Table in action in a true Desktop environment…

Greetz,
                            Galahad.

bietekwiet
                            Participant
                              @bietekwiet

0as,

I am running into the same crash issue as many above posted.
                              I also have this issue with other versions of the table like: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pirates-of-the-caribbean-stern-2006-eb-mod/page/2/#description

Are people able to run the table without the crash? What fixes it? Which Rom, which Freezy version etc?

bietekwiet
                              Participant
                                @bietekwiet

0as,

I am running into the same crash issue as many above posted.

I also have this issue with other versions of the table like: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pirates-of-the-caribbean-stern-2006-eb-mod/page/2/#description

Are people able to run the table without the crash? What fixes it? Which Rom, which Freezy version etc?

I have posted a working solution to the issue in the PUP pack thread, page 5:
                                https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-puppack/page/5/#post-206644
                                It gets rid of the crash bug by using the Color DMD.

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?