primitive hide in vpx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mistermixer
    Participant
      @mistermixer

In lot of recent tables there are primitives with only the “+” visible . So you can’t see the shape in the editor.

For example in ‘Lost World’ on layer 5 there is a primitive ‘playfield_off ‘ with only the ‘+’ at the left upper corner

How do you achieve this ? ( and why doing this ?  )

Thanx

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

It is for memory saving purposes. When VP shows full mesh outlines it makes the editor very sluggish to work in so you can set a clip value. Doesn’t change gameplay, just editor work.

With a mesh selected you can see an Editor value in the options menu. I believe default is .25. On a flat mesh this will show nothing. Meshes with x,y,z topology will appear but not in full. If you change that value to 1 it will show all tris.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Does that slow the table down?  Didn’t realize that

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

@armyaviation : Pretty sure that it won’t slow the gameplay down. But, surely does for the editor. The way I usedit is that one I’m happy with placement, and if I remember to do it ( not the last thing I’m doing – kinda ) then, I’ll drop the editor value to .25 so I still in most cases see it, but, ain’t getting too much “lag” while working in the editor.

Still an area where I’m not 100% sure if I’ve understood how it works or not.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Tom
            bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Does that slow the table down? Didn’t realize that

Nope, as Thalamus said. It does not slow anything down in the game, just makes work in the editor laggy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?