Rambo (Gottlieb 1986)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/rambo-gottlieb-19861-4/

Rambo Pinball mod of Raven. Raven started as a mod of Rascal’s VPX conversion and the resources started to flow in so it got a complete facelift.  It all started with a set of new posts, targets, bumpers, plastics, etc.  Once the playfield was populated, Bord created an amazing new primitive ramp for the top left and the large clear one in the center.  Great job on the modeling.  The script needed an upgrade to match so Bord and 32Assassin came up with something to make the table all come together and act just like the real thing.  For the helicopter I added an Mi-24 Hind from the movie. Randr helped make some changes to the primitive, thanks!   Rambo also received new bumper caps, an updated playfield image, drop targets, and a new back wall image, oh as well as a few other toys…

Special thanks to all that contributed (in order of completion):

Rascal for getting this started with your VPX conversion

Bord for all the primitives, work on the lights and script to get this playing like the real table.  For all the bells and whistles that make the table look great.  And lastly for putting up with me!

32Assassin for all your work on the script and for all the advice along the way

Randr for all your time testing and getting this looking and playing great.  Thanks for the help getting the helicopter exactly how it needs to be

Arngrim for all you work updating the DOF

Thalamus for all your help testing and improvements on the sounds and gameplay

And lastly to all those that paved the way for this table with your work on previous versions like ICPJuggla, GTXJoe, Wildman, Dark, and others.  Hope I didn’t leave anyone out.

Lastly don’t forget to update your DOF and enjoy!

BitRot
      Participant
        @bitrot

I am unable to start a game in FS mode.  DT and FSS work just fine.

I get script error:

Line:156
        Machine ‘raven’ (raven) terminated before intialized, check the rom path or rom file!

The playfield flashes on for a second then disappears.

The rom has to be fine because the game plays in DT and FSS.

Any ideas?

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Not sure why it would do that. Anyone else have any problems?

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Sounds kind of weird this one. Doesn’t sound like the regular force full screen problem and ddraw. Still, maybe try to change ddraw to 0 and see if it changes things ?!

BitRot
            Participant
              @bitrot

ddraw = 0 fixed it.  Thanks guys!

htamas
              Participant
                @htamas

Thanks for the VPX version :)

A while ago I hex-edited the ravena ROM to say RAMBO instead of RAVEN at game start. I would upload it but because of the recent hoopla around the Gottlieb ROMs I’m not sure if that’s a good idea… at any rate, anyone with a hex editor can do the same thing.

I feel that the flipper physics in this version could use some tweaking…

CarnyPriest
                Participant
                  @carnypriest

Rambo (Raven unofficial MOD) is supported by official PinMAME project.

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

Thanks for the VPX version :)

A while ago I hex-edited the ravena ROM to say RAMBO instead of RAVEN at game start. I would upload it but because of the recent hoopla around the Gottlieb ROMs I’m not sure if that’s a good idea… at any rate, anyone with a hex editor can do the same thing.

I feel that the flipper physics in this version could use some tweaking…

Throw out your suggestion and i am sure people on here will test those physics.  If it is found to be better we can include those in an update

bha19
                    Participant
                      @bha19

I am having a problem with the sniper targets not registering on Rambo and Raven. I know on the vp9 version there was the same issue and an update fixed the problem.

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

check out the raven discussion.  we have racked our brains over this.  if you have a suggestion please advise

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

If you have a working vp9 version @bha19 – I wouldn’t mind having a copy.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          bha19
                          Participant
                            @bha19

I am sorry  but i meant that there is a VPX version that works not VP9. It is version 1.3 by Rascal. When you hit a sniper you get a sound and the spot targets then work their magic toward extra ball depending on your rom settings and reset sniper. I also don’t think you can just replace the entire script with his or you will get errors.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Oh. I know that we can’t replace the whole script. But, then again, we can compare and see what we’re missing.

LTA
                              Participant
                                @luvthatapex

My display for raven and rambo is rotated -90. I have never seen this before! How can I rotate the display 90 clockwise? Or maybe I just need another download of the raven rom?

LTA
                                Participant
                                  @luvthatapex

ok, I got it. I changed the rom from raven to ravena and the display is correctly rotated now.

rx2006je
                                  Participant
                                    @rx2006je

Tom my son made a graphics mod at home to this table and made it the NES Contra and wanted to know if it was ok to upload that table.  I can’t find anywhere where there are or aren’t permissions to modify the table.

Tom
                                    Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

Absolutely, love Contra and love mods.  How old is he

rx2006je
                                      Participant
                                        @rx2006je

My son is 13 and love the virtual pinball.  He has self taught alot of the things he knows how to do like Photoshop and making wheel images, and fixing some things on the tables.  He has been trying to learn the scripting but just doesn’t know where to start or where to find information on how to do it.  The two things he wanted to do to the Contra Mod was include contra music, and find a good large enough image for the backglass including the original contra characters.

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

That’s great.  Glad to have both of you.  I am still learning the script.  Luckily there are a lot of people around here that are more than willing to help especially for someone who wants to learn how to build tables. Can’t wait to try Contra out

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Thanks for the updates Tom ( and Roth ) ! :rose:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?