Raven (Gottlieb 1986)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Mike DA Spike
    Participant
      @mikedaspike

Hi Tom,

Great table  :good:
      If you make a modification on your table, can you change the code for the dipswitches ?
      I’ve added my version of it. In this you can control the Left,Right and center coin chute from the F6 menu. This can be used for almost all Gottlieb systen80s systems

Attachments:
      clyde
      Participant
        @clyde

Played tonight. I noticed that when you knock down a sniper, the game stays in sniper mode. From what I remember, when you knock down the sniper you go back into regular mode.

Also, for whatever reason, rascals table doesn’t play nice with my pc, and this table isn’t playing well either. Right off the bat, at the top of the launch of I don’t set the gate to a toy I will get a nasty stutter every time the ball goes through. Anyone know what causes this? Also, it might just be my imagination, but I swear I’m getting a slight stutter when the ball is coming off the sling shots (but that might be my eyes playing tricks on me). Does anyone else run into these problems? Great table and a lot of fun!

I am having the same exact problem. BTW, Thanks everyone involved with this table & the Rambo table. :good:

Oldschool4
        Participant
          @oldschool4

Thankyou Tom and everyone, plays fine on my end no errors, bumpers seem fine,no script change. :good.

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

I mentioned the drop targets to Tom yesterday. He said, and I quote : Bord said ”Seems like the drop targets only score once you’ve hit each of them once. That is all ROM controlled so I’m assuming that it is working properly.” Its been a mystery for a bit

Yeah, the drop target behavior definitely seems screwy, but looking at the script I couldn’t see where they are working incorrectly. Someone with more knowledge would have to dig into it.

As for the gate stutter, this a thing that VP does with one way gates. Somewhere while the ball is passing through the gate there is a binary decision where the ball will or won’t pass through the gate and the ball teleports in that direction. It isn’t a rendering stutter, just a behavioral problem. When I was doing GI lighting I added a second invisible gate at the plunger lane to get the proper ball position when rolling down that high right lane. You could try messing with those if the behavior is killing you.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

I should be home tonight and I will update  the dip switch text.

Wildman
              Participant
                @wildman

Just loaded this on the cab..Plays great nice job!!

but have one issue for some reason cant figure out how to rotate the score on the 3rd monitor..

used to be able to change ROL  but i dont see it what am i missing  lol…..

raven

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Try to change the varRol value around line 38. Not sure though. Have a “real dmd” myself so – not an issue here.

Wildman
                  Participant
                    @wildman

lol that works Thanks.. thought i did try that before.. :scratch:

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

Why would you use that ugly girl on the backglass when you can used the original hottie B-)

Wildman
                      Participant
                        @wildman

hit-himself-with-a-bat-smiley-emoticon

Bob Albright
                        Participant
                          @bobalbright

Very nice update. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

bord
                            @bord
                            MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it will be great!

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

@thalamus, @32assassin and @bord…I believe at the time we were all looking at the issue with the drop targets in Raven/Rambo.  I watched some videos and once the lit target is hit, it starts sniper mode where random targets continue to pop up until one is hit.  There is also a change in music during sniper mode.  I added simple standup targets to the test table attached and once in sniper mode, if you hit one of the standup targets it stops the music and you are out of sniper mode.  The the switch numbers are correct i believe and the drop targets are popping up and falling but i wonder if the switch numbers are mixed up from the target solenoid numbers.  I need to find the manual as i dont have it anymore.

@thalamus
                              , the ramp seems to be working fine, you have to hit the correct lit standup target to activate the ramp, what that what you were talking about

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

here is a version where the targets are next to the sniper lights that they corrospond to.  When one of the sniper lights is lit in sniper mode and you hit the same target, it completes sniper mode.  If you hit an unlit target it doesnt, so the switch numbers appear to be fine.  almost like the targets arent registering…

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

No, I said. Even though the drop target is down and you are shooting the left lane – while the metal bridge is up. You don’t get to the upper dividers. There is something odd going on with the bend. Or at least, that is what I believe is happening.

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

I’m not understanding what you mean by the upper dividers?

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

you have one name (sw44)  for the drop targets  in the initiate table code

Set TLB=New cvpmDropTarget
                                      TLB.InitDrop Array(sw44),Array(44)

and you have a second name( TDrop4)   in your Hit event

Sub TDrop4_dropped:TLB.Hit 1:End Sub

the ball never hits TDrop4  becasue TDrop4  does not exist.   TLB.Hit 1  is never triggered  so sw44 is never activated

starting or ending sniper mode

correct code

‘Drop Targets
                                      Sub sw44_Dropped:TLB.Hit 1:End Sub
                                      Sub sw54_Dropped:TRB.Hit 1:End Sub
                                      Sub sw64_Dropped:BLB.Hit 1:End Sub
                                      Sub sw74_Dropped:BRB.Hit 1:End Sub

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Tom
                                      Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

@32assassin, here is the solenoid assignment from the manual. What is the difference between trip and reset solenoids.

FFA7FC20-E0E1-4FB2-AB97-E3A44CE7FE84

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

so the drop targets are fixed, thanks @32assassin.  that must have been left over from the original script.

@Thalamus
                                          , are you talking about the gates under the upper left ramp.  If you are, the ball rolls under the ramp when raised, goes up and around to the right through a one way gate, hits the target if up and then goes through another one way gate if enough power.  if it doesnt make it it can fall down to the left of the bumpers.

naeromagus
                                          Participant
                                            @naeromagus

Thanks for the update, cant wait to try this out !

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?