Really blown away by this community!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

The quality of work that goes into these tables is just amazing! I am sitting around tonight trying to get caught up with releases and find myself thinking…. MY GAWD this is just the coolest hobby! I don’t need to name the people we all know but i also see new people everyday thanking people for help, a release or just conversation on the boards.

I have said it many times but thanks to everyone that makes visual pinball so frikking cool!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
      TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

People are so creative. I have a lot of respect just from playing with table views and looking over the scripts.

Some real artistic talent as well in the 3-d modeling department.

xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

There really is no other community like this one.

And there are so many different parts of the community that come together with their specialty or expertise in a certain part of the buliding process, and make these works of art even better!!

And all the work that goes into each and every aspect of the Pinball Program.

From wheel images, and all the other great front end stuff, to ball rolling script, and fast flippers script. Table makers and modders, and the sites that host all these things. There is a tremendous amount of time and effort put into all this. And they do it all for free!! For our enjoyment!!

These tables and programs just didnt pop out of thin air!! Someone put alot of work into it!! and alot of their own time!!

You can tell the difference between someone trying to make money off building tables, and those who make tables out of passion or love for the hobby.

These tables blow away anything they have on the market today!! Whereas the money makers just want money and rush out there crappy product with the only intention of trying to make the most money for the cheapest product.

This community is exactly the opposite!! And you can tell by just looking at all the wonderful tables and addons, and programs, and the help that everyone gives, that this community loves this hobby!!

Ok…back to regular scheduled program.

Keep on Pinballin’

EDIT:

PS…I AM ADDICTED TO THIS HOBBY!!!

Ben Logan2
          Participant
            @benlogan2

Daily source of fun and inspiration. Totally thankful for VP.

freelunch
            Participant
              @freelunch

It’s actually too bad most people active in the community are content developers and a handful of FAQ warriors, because I have a feeling if the silent table leaches (something I’m not proud to say I used to be) got into the community aspect of virtual pinball, they would like enjoy the hobby more. There’s many great, passionate people here. I only stopped being active here for a few months to try to get un-addicted to pinball, but in the end I think I’m happier here.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

The way I see it – everyone need to start somewhere. Yes, there are a lot of silent leachers. Almost every weeks you see someone come out saying they’ve been around for years and then they start to build their own cab. Some of these evolve into something more than just a player. Unfortunately, at the same time we loose authors/contributors.

But, as long as VP moves forward, and we manage to keep the positive attitude I see all around me – we should be fine for years to come.

Thank you all for being awesome. :heart:

Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

Absolutely an awesome community.  I’ve been around since the beginning and have had a lot of questions…all of which have been answered. So appreciative since I’m not the most computer literate guy. Thanks to all

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

freneticamnesic
                    @freneticamnesic
                    vipModeratorMember

I have opinions about the community

Punch it!

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I have learned to ignore the few that suck :good:

the good out number the bad i think

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

hEY i DIDN’T SAY THEY WERE BAD OPINUOS

Punch it!

TNT2
                        Participant
                          @tnt2

LOL

xenonph
                          Participant
                            @xenonph
                            MemberContributor

I have never had a bad experience with anyone in this Pinball Community.

Everyone seems to be happy to help with anything you have trouble with.

I did have one awkward experience, when I tried to help someone get a SAM table working over on VPF.

I was quickly told by moderator that I should not help anyone to get SAM tables working, and that it sickened him that people were playing SAM tables.

I didn’t know about this rule they had about not emulating SAM tables over on VPF. (I’m innocent I tell ya!!)

Needless to say I figured it out real quick never to help those people asking about SAM tables, and to just tell them to ask for help on site where they downloaded table.

But that has been the only awkward experience I have had.

Other than that, I have seen where China stole tables and Cabinet artwork, and the people selling this stuff that is made for free are bad apples, but they truly are not part of this community.

I was actually sent a graphics card and PSU from a community member, so that I could work on VPX tables!! (My computer was not capable of playing VPX.) This same member then sent me a whole new computer!! (My future Cabinet computer!!)So now I can work on these tables online or offline!! (When I work on sound effects, I like to be offline so no messages are sent to who knows where, telling them what I am working on.)

And on all my VPX download pages, I thank this member as these VPX mods would not have been possible without him!!

What other community do you know of , has a member that does this to help someone they have never even met? NOWHERE!!!

CASE CLOSED!!!

This community is the BEST. Plain and simple.

Carry on.

EDIT:

And this is just one community story!! Imagine all the great community stories that we might not even know about!!

When I first starting modding tables, I made those NFL VP9 mods. (I am embarrassed to look at them now!!)

Anyways, Sliderpoint saw that I was really trying to make these the best I could, so he actually made a VPX table for me to make my mods in VPX.

If these 2 stories don’t show you how special this community is, I don’t know what would!!

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Lmao

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?