Recorder Abruptly Stopped Working – Help?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stampedem
    Participant
      @stampedem

Hi.  I’ve been using and enjoying PinUp since more or less the very beginning, since it was launched.  I’ve had no problems, more or less.  Two days ago, I had my first real issue, and it came out of nowhere.  The Record function suddenly stopped working, and this is after thousands of recordings.  I have no idea why.

When I go to record my playfield, PinUp records the DMD.  Reading the logs (as best as I can understand) doesn’t suggest any issue.  It seems like it’s going through it’s whole process like it is designed to do.

I’ve followed Nailbuster’s guidance in the Recording troubleshooting FAQ section.  I’ve made sure my display parameters are okay (no negative values; I never changed them anyways, but I’ve checked that there still the same).  I’ve deleted the .txt files and deleted the output.mp4 in the folder.  I went ahead and updated my Nvidia driver, too.  None of this solved the problem.

I really don’t understand. If anyone can shed some light onto what may have occurred I would be appreciative.  I didn’t change anything or alter any configuration.  I just booted up the PC one day, and it failed to act as expected.

Here is a link to the logs.  VPinball wouldn’t let me attached these .log (.txt) files.  They’re not a filetype that it recognizes.

https://cityofelpaso-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/mcelroyms_elpasotexas_gov/EiuyZ04CADxHkP4vbSQVrcsBy6pdp_72oVxrIm5dONOjCQ?e=fZTDRw

Thank you very much! Your help is appreciated!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by stampedem. Reason: Attachments
      NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

“my BG/Topper records fine, its just my playfiled that records wrong screen/no screen…I use Nvidia Shadowplay”

Shadowplay recording is a very ‘basic’ interface that is used just for playfield recording. Popper will simulate Alt-F9 keypress on start and Alt-F9 on stop. Then Popper will grab any .mp4 that shadowplay outputs from the ‘video’ subfolder of your recordings folder…thats it. So to test shadowplay, exit Popper and grab a keyboard. Press Alt-F9, wait 10 seconds and press Alt-F9 again, then make sure ShadowPlay made a new .mp4 in the ‘video’ subfolder…if nothing is there then your Shadowplay is not setup correctly. Also, if ShadowPlay records the wrong display # then there’s nothing Popper can do, as that is not something Popper can control/send to Shadowplay…it only presses the hotkeys.

Like the last sentence says,  there’s nothing that popper can do.  Others have recently said that recent Nvidia shadowplay update is randomly recording the wrong screen.

Your options are  to either wait for an update from NVidia or switch to OBS setup for popper recording.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?