Remdwaas pokemon pinball

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    remdwaas1986
    Participant
      @remdwaas1986

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/remdwaas-pokemon-pinball/

I choose you Pikachu!

First my thanks to JP! thanks for letting me use your ramp from zelda, pikachu, eggs, some sounds and the pokemonballs. Also thanks again for helping troubleshooting the table and helping with some of the code.(when finished i had 11 issues) I’m so happy that JP always willing to help me, if i’m stuck. I really love his Pokémon table!

It was 1999 and Pokémon came out for the Gameboy with all the nostalgic sounds! I remember playing while i was 13 years old and i thought that my accu was broken because a Pokémon was poisoned and the screen did weird. Next year i had Pokémon yellow and for the first time Pokémon pinball(2000).

This table is based on pokemon pinball(gameboy pokedex graphics)/ pokemon pinball ruby/ Pokémon Red en Blue(Gameboy) as well the first season of Pokémon the anime series. I made the playfield almost the same as Pokémon pinball ruby, but i use the pokecenter instead of a pokemarkt.(i don’t have a flying bird or egg’s that hatch) I only focus on the first 151 Pokémon’s because that remembers me of my childhood.

You are ash and start in pallet town, you have to catch Pokémon’s, do battles and win gym badges, just like the original Pokémon games.

The features of this table.

• This table has like the original no multiballs, because that makes it nostalgic(just like Pokémon pinball from the Gameboy).
      • for this table i made more then 1100 dmd pictures, own letterype, 233 upperflashers for the town names/ catch update/ animations, 246 pokedex items / pokemons / towns / animations.
      • After 284 3d object for this table i stopped counting…
      • The script is more than 15.000 lines
      • This table has 2 Pikachu ball savers and a 60 second ball saver if you play the ball in the pokecenter. If you hit the spinner the Pikachu ball saver lights will be activated.
      • I use 78 Pokémon 3d objects from Pokémon quest(to let it look more authentic/old) with the 78 Gameboy sounds from the Pokémon’s.(for the catching Pokémon part)
      • When you get the letters BAL then the ball will be upgraded and changed in another poke ball.(just like in pokemon pinball)
      • instead of sprout i used weepingbell, to start the catchmode. (weepingbell/victorybell always eat James from team rocket)
      • When the catch mode start you also have to hit the bumpers 3 times before the poke ball in the middle will open(thnx for helping with the magnet JP) to get the Pokémon appear on the playfield.
      • There is a 30 second time bonus to catch the Pokémon in the time for extra points. (i didn’t want the Pokémon disappear because i would be frustrated and it has to be playable)
      • after hitting the Pokémon 3 times, shoot the middle from the poke ball again to really catch the pokemon.(there will be a 3d animation)
      • after catching and a Pokémon you can evolve the Pokémon(if its possible) hit the pokemoncenter and start evolve modus. You now need to hit the 3 letters E V O. (this is also from pokemon pinball only they use x-something)
      • Now again hit the poke ball in the middle if it opens after you get the letters EVO.
      • There are 4 bonus games on this table. If you evolve a Pokémon for the first time, the bonus game will start in the playfield below. I used the same layout of the bonus games that is used in the original pokemon pinball.
      • In this pinball version you can also travel to other city’s, but you have to battle first with trainers
      • There are 27 trainers and 8 gymleaders
      • When traveling, the pokebattlefield(8 times) will change and also the car on the monorail(3 times).
      • You have a 50% change to win the battle, so you can also loose a battle and then you have to try again.
      • To access the battle cave you have first have to move snorlax in front of the cave, hit 3 times the target near the cave so you will get the poke flute and ash and his friends will move snorlax away in the dmd.
      • You can get a gym badge after the third battle that you win, after the gymbadge, travel start and the arrows of the lanes will blink to shoot. It works the same as Pokémon pinball, you need to get the 3 triggers in the left en right lane above and then travel will blink. then you can shoot the ball in the pokecenter to travel to the next city.
      • you start in pallet town and after one battle that you win, travel will start.
      • This table has also a 2x and 3x bonus multiplier
      • You can get the letters POKE from the lanes below for a 50k bonus
      • You can hit the targets MASTER for a 100k bonus
      • With 3,5 and 7 million you will get an extra ball for more playing time.
      • This table has only a target bonus at the end of a ball lost because you will get many points with battling/ catching and evolving Pokémon.

Play tip: if the ball comes from the right upper lane just leave your flippers and don’t try to hit the ball, 9 from the 10 times it will come on the edge of your left flipper!

This pin cost me 6 weeks to build. Please leave a reply(so much appreciated) and rank the table! I will be busy the most of this year with my study and have to put  my other projects on hold. Maybe later i will post another pinball project.

I hope you like it and how many Pokémon do you catch?

Like my other tables i have a normal table and flex table.

Cheers,

Remdwaas

Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      junktape
      Participant
        @junktape

Cannot say enough how much fun I had.  I of course love JPs table as well but I am so happy someone finally made a table even more faithful to the old gameboy pinballs and that allowed for the process of catching, evolving, earning badges, etc.  My daughter and I were gleeful as we racked up Pokemon in the first few games.   So far we managed two badges and about 15 pokemon.  Love how the pokedex lights up to keep track!   Really inspired and clearly a huge labor of love on your part.  Looking forward to future updates and refinements but honestly even if those never come please know we appreciate all the work you have put in!!

That's all folks!

darklink1987
        Participant
          @darklink1987-2

Brilliant table thank you

Valkimpro
          Participant
            @valkimpro

Thanks for this amazing table, work well done. I can’t imaging how many hours  you worked. I’m really catching pokemons on VPX!!!

mraaron
            Participant
              @mraaron

Cool table, thanks for your work!

The dmd is showing on the “apron” and not on my dmd below the back glass. Is there something in the script i should be changing? Downloaded the normal version (don’t have flex dmd).

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

@mraaron : I highly recommend that you install flexdmd. It has resolved a lot of issues for me.

remdwaas1986
                Participant
                  @remdwaas1986

Cool table, thanks for your work!

The dmd is showing on the “apron” and not on my dmd below the back glass. Is there something in the script i should be changing? Downloaded the normal version (don’t have flex dmd).

Hi,

for the normal table:
                  This is an original table, with everything included in the vpx file, and it doesn’t need any external program to run. It can be run in desktop mode and in FS mode. The DMD will rotate accordingly. this is for the normal table.

For the flex:
                  The other table is a flex table which i use on my cab with a real dmd. So what Thalamus said, just use flex dmd.

I’m so happy to read all the positive messages, because after work i put mostly all my time in a table(if i’m busy with one) till it’s finished.

Finally is the table also approved on vpforums.org :)

mraaron
                  Participant
                    @mraaron

Probably a dumb question, but will installing flex dmd mess up my ultra dmd? From what I see in major Frenchys youtube tutorial, it appears you register flex dmd as ultra dmd, so the transition should be smooth? I’ll also do some youtubing today to find out more info and all that good stuff ;)

Like you, I was an early fan of pokemon and this table seems to really do that era justice. Definitely gonna put some time into this table :) Gotta catch ’em all :)

Thanks again :)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by mraaron.
                    0Cool
                    Participant
                      @0cool

Thanks Remdwaas! I like your tables a lot. Succes met je studie. Very nice work! :good: :good: :good:

remdwaas1986
                      Participant
                        @remdwaas1986

Probably a dumb question, but will installing flex dmd mess up my ultra dmd? From what I see in major Frenchys youtube tutorial, it appears you register flex dmd as ultra dmd, so the transition should be smooth? I’ll also do some youtubing today to find out more info and all that good stuff ;)

Like you, I was an early fan of pokemon and this table seems to really do that era justice. Definitely gonna put some time into this table :) Gotta catch ’em all :)

With me it didn’t mesh up my setup, but for everybody its different some users cannot get flex working. I have post in super mario galaxy under support a link for the software that i use and works for me on win10. I hope it helps!

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

FlexDMD Info  — https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/cant-create-object-ultradmd-dmdobject-windows-10/?view=all#post-194336

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          robotgirl-PINCAB
                          Participant
                            @robotgirl-pincab

MERCI  :good: :yes:

dielated
                            Participant
                              @dielated

Really impressively sophisticated gameplay, installed flex dmd and it works great! Thanks for what must have been the hundreds of hours that went into this!

giovanni1966
                              Participant
                                @giovanni1966

Thank you for the beautiful table. You really want to have them all. After grabbing half of the pokemons, the ball was half swallowed by the hole in the middle and got stuck there. Nudging didn’t work.

fisch
                                Participant
                                  @fisch

Thanks for updating this great table.

remdwaas1986
                                  Participant
                                    @remdwaas1986

Thank you for the beautiful table. You really want to have them all. After grabbing half of the pokemons, the ball was half swallowed by the hole in the middle and got stuck there. Nudging didn’t work.

Hi this is fixed in version 1.2. Thanks for letting me know!

Mrtr32
                                    Participant
                                      @mrtr32

Thank you for the update!

How can I remove all the pink Walls?

remdwaas1986
                                      Participant
                                        @remdwaas1986

How can I remove all the pink Walls?

can you post a printscreen? I don’t understand it. The playfield is only pink because that matched with all the yellow.

Mrtr32
                                        Participant
                                          @mrtr32

The wall between the two flippers and the left and right lanes

It seems to be present to test the table.

Mrtr32
                                          Participant
                                            @mrtr32

After deleting the three pink primitives from the Editor, all seems to be fine!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?