Road Race (Gottlieb 1969)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Loserman76
    Participant
      @loserman76
      vipMemberContributor

Road Race (Gottlieb 1969)

Road Race VPX’d 1.0
      VPX conversion of Road Race table.

thanks to Dazz, Freneticamnesiac, Grizz, GNance and Zany, Arngrim, JPSalas, Pinuck, hauntfreaks, Borgdog

in addition to the “standard” keys (typically “1” to start game and “5” for coin), I’ve added “3” as another coin input and “4” for coin and auto-start game (like I recall the dime slots generally were) to simulate 3 coin slots

when game is not in progress, holding down left flipper for about 3-5 seconds will bring up the options menu. left flipper selects item, right flipper changes option.

I’ve also included shadows for the ball and flippers. If you want to turn them off look for these lines at the beginning of the script:

Const ShadowFlippersOn = true
      Const ShadowBallOn = true

change to false if you want either of the shadows not showing on your tables

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

This looks great!  Ohhh is the deluge of tables about to start?  LOL. Really appreciate this loserman, cant wait to see how your tables play in VP10!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Great looking table. Will try this out over the weekend for sure!  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Loserman76
          Participant
            @loserman76
            vipMemberContributor

Yes, this is what I’ve been teasing now for like 6 months. This one got the call to go first. Kind of a joke as some folks refer to the real version as one of the worst Gottliebs ever – :-)

Waiting a bit before I start uploading the others to see if there are any issues with this one. If there are any, I will correct this as well my other tables prior to their release as the scripting for all of my tables is mostly the same.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            32assassin
            Participant
              @32assassin

thank you one less physics 5 table,  down to 24.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Scotty VH
                @scottt
                ModeratorMember

Thanks LM.  I’ll give it a good playthrough and let you know if I find any issues.

UPDATE:  I don’t know how the game “should” play, but it did seem a bit fast to me for a game of this era.  With that said, it could be very accurate, and I just don’t know what to expect.  Also, I noticed that the bottom piece of the spindle that holds the center dial/flipper thingy is pink  — does this mean it needs to have a material assigned?

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Unfair … i am in bed now … hey big thanks Jeff, this,will be my first Job tomorrow :) … a Game on this one.

Loserman76
                  Participant
                    @loserman76
                    vipMemberContributor

nuts – yup that’s one that I missed. I flipped the materials to a set from Hauntfreaks and apparently some stuff doesn’t “carry over” correctly to the new mappings.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Was planning on hitting the bed … not yet I’ll tell you !

Update: Seems I can shake the cab as much as I want .. not tilt penalty ?!

Loserman76
                      Participant
                        @loserman76
                        vipMemberContributor

Not sure how you can tilt without triggering the tilt on the table – I can hit a tilt a couple of times and it’s done. Must be something with a cab vs. desktop (I do my dev work on my desktop & laptop, my cab still has things I am working on).

-LM

Micronaut
                        Participant
                          @micronaut

siiiiii! 1969, :yahoo: ,thank you, i like the old EM pinball

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

Nice Table, thanks LM … and Tilt also works for me, on Cab/FS …
                            I optimized BG Image from Backglass (straight Score Border, Credits Window, tried to get the View from IPDB), removd some Pixels, would create a new, but can’t because you used onw Reels … maybe you like it and want to Change Image, not a Must … (full Size in .zip)

Merry Christmas Jeff  :good:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I will say all your tables are awesome in vp9 but I sure love them in vpx! Thanks again loser man  :good:

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Interesting. For all VPM games my tilt-bob seems to work as expected. For a few EM they work as well. Joker Poker by BD and Trade Winds by Wrd1972. I know there are a few more – Capersville comes to mind ( that table must have a record – tilting ). I haven’t checked all EM’ but there seems to be quite a lot of them that don’t tilt for me. I can hear the bob hitting the metal and that again will send a button2 => T.

Any script experts that have some code they are willing to share that would help me implement tilt in eg. this table ? I guess I could look at all those and find a way myself, but, if anyone has something ready it would be of much help. Second question. Are all EM tables set to tilt on first excessive nudge ? Modern games often have 2-3 warnings before a full tilt is issued.

Loserman76
                                Participant
                                  @loserman76
                                  vipMemberContributor

Ah – that’s it – the tilt bob. I’m only looking at the “regular” tilt keys. Forgot that was added to VP. Let me dig through the code to see how easy that will be to add in (I think it’s just a matter of adding a new key scan check). IF that is all it is, that will be an easy fix across the board.

Stat – pulling down your bg image now to check it out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

@loserman76

something like this in the keydown for tilt

If keycode = MechanicalTilt Then
                                    gametilted
                                    End If

oh, and @Thalamus yes, on the real em’s I’ve had if the tilt bob hits the ring it’s instant tilt

Loserman76
                                    Participant
                                      @loserman76
                                      vipMemberContributor

ok, just poked around on Joker Poker EM and yup, easy fix. So that will go up in a bit after I take a look at Stat’s image and re-work the B2S to use it.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Sound good LM. Guess I can do a diff between this release and a update where it works. But, again. If you have some code that I could just add it would be great help. Now, I have x-mas holiday and a perfect time to do some fixes to those EM’s and Originals that doesn’t tilt.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

So … gametilted is a sub I need to add or is it implemented in some of the core scripts ?

Guess I can find that out myself, just isn’t in near my cab right now.

Loserman76
                                          Participant
                                            @loserman76
                                            vipMemberContributor

it’s an add to the key scan routine – 4 lines and it handles a tilt bob.

around line 448 in the script you will see the tilt key scans. after this key scan:

If keycode = CenterTiltKey Then
                                            Nudge 0, 2
                                            TiltIt
                                            End If

add:

If keycode = MechanicalTilt Then
                                            TiltCount=2
                                            TiltIt
                                            End If

sorry, I’m an idiot – between coordinating the wedgehead collection upload and fixing code, I copy/pasted the same thing – haha

that will fix it. that will be added to the 1.0d version shortly :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?