Running out of space on my hard drive…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

I originally bought a 120GB SS HD because I thought that would be enough running all 250 VP9 tables I had.  Now I am over 400 VPX tables and videos and PUP and Developer tools and all sorts of crap.  I have 10% left and starting to sweat.  what is the best way to extend my capacity, new HD or add another

Plus.. I want to make a PUP of Baywatch when the table comes out and THOSE ARE GONNA TAKE UP ALOT OF SPACE if you know what I mean

roccodimarco
      Participant
        @roccodimarco

I’m in the same boat! I’m down to my last 24 gigs, and starting to worry.  I had two hdd in my pc originally, the os on one and then vp on the other.  I tried to get fancy one night, and fried the os hdd (legit started smoking) so now I’m back to one.

LTA
        Participant
          @luvthatapex

I had the same issue and used this free tool to backup my cabinet hard drive to a larger hard drive and it worked great and I didn’t need to reinstall anything! Thank goodness, what a pain that would have been. I think I had a 120gb and went to 240gb if I recall. You basically hook up the second drive (sata in my case) install the software and run it and it will image copy your hard drive to the new one leaving the extra space for more fun! Great program.

https://www.backup-utility.com/personal.html?ref=en.nav.for-home

rothbauerw
            @rothbauerw
            ModeratorContributorMembervip

Sdd’s are getting cheap.  You can get a 500GB Samsung sdd for $80 on Amazon.  You can download software from Samsung to easy peasy clone you disk, swap them out, and you’re on your way, no more worries.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

I recommend, never buy a hardware at Amazon, mostly you get a used one, or “China ware” e.g. with USB Media and so on…

DeathInc
              Participant
                @deathincclan

Never had a problem with Amazon. Never received a used drive. You buy seagate,  you get seagate. You buy gigabyte, you get gigabyte. You buy some off name brand and you deserve what you get. Has nothing to do with Amazon.

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

haha I actually bought this one on ebay used… its worked fine.  I was in the infancy stage of my cab build and didn’t want to invest much then till I knew I liked it.  I also need a better graphics card , any suggestions or for sale?

Holy crap.. its been so long since I put this computer together,  I have a Geforce GTX460 1GB card.  How bad is that???? :wacko:   I wonder how much better it can get?  I will probably be amazed when I upgrade, huh?

rothbauerw
                    @rothbauerw
                    ModeratorContributorMembervip

Just got at gigabyte 1660 for $220. More than enough for vpx.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?