Sons of Anarchy (Original 2019) VPX MOD

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    bha19
    Participant
      @bha19

I think commenting those lines out worked

Scotty VH
        @scottt
        ModeratorMember

I get the same error messages:
        Line 7131: Object required: ‘Controller’
        Line 640: Object required: ‘Controller’
        Lines 2279 and 2280 are commented out. I believe I’m using all of the latest Vpinmame, freezy’s dll, 10.6, etc. Plus the backglass is in the tables folder (even though I am trying to run it in Desktop mode).
        Any ideas?

Hi Scotty,
        It works for me here in the desktop mode. This table uses a lot of B2S calls including line 7131 and 640 is the B2S controller stop on table exit. Do you have the B2S server installed?

Man, that’s a great idea and I thought you figured it out.  I reinstalled/re-registered B2S Server using  B2SBackglassServerRegisterApp.exe, but I still get the error.  I’ll probably do some cab updates later next week, so I can check how it works in my cabinet setup then (I suspect it will work fine, and look forward to playing it!).  However, I still can’t get it to work on my desktop PC.

Brett
        Participant
          @bpjacobsen

Very nicely done! anyone have a b2s for this one?

robertms
          Participant
            @mophead

Very nicely done! anyone have a b2s for this one?

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/sons-of-anarchy-23-screen-b2s-backglass/

coreduo0099
            Participant
              @coreduo0099

Very nice!  Question.. Is there DOF?  I have no sound on bumpers and such, but no DOF.  If so, is there a trick to enabling it?

I swapped out Const cGameName = “SOA”  with Const cGameName = “DOF_test” and it seems pretty darn close..

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

Very nice! Question.. Is there DOF? I have no sound on bumpers and such, but no DOF. If so, is there a trick to enabling it?

I swapped out Const cGameName = “SOA” with Const cGameName = “DOF_test” and it seems pretty darn close..

No there is not

The game is not on the DOF Website

ALDiode
                Participant
                  @aldiode

Very nice! Question.. Is there DOF? I have no sound on bumpers and such, but no DOF. If so, is there a trick to enabling it?

I swapped out Const cGameName = “SOA” with Const cGameName = “DOF_test” and it seems pretty darn close..

I had asked @arngrim about possibly adding DOF to this as I do not have this feature on my own cabinet. He said that he would when time allows. He had recently added DOF to the Metal Slug table which this one was based on. Not sure how much is involved to update this one.

Arngrim
                  Participant
                    @arngrim
                    DOF MinisterMember

it is on my todo list, i didn’ started to look at it, in the meantime try cgamename=”metalsug”, it should be pretty similar i guess

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks for the update @arngrim and @aldiode

Pinballfan2018
                      Participant
                        @pinballfan2018

How can I get the graphics for the ultra dmd? :-( I’m getting an error saying it doesn’t exist.

Currently working TNA PUPDMD

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Needs to be extracted in the same folder as the table. I haven’t checked. Maybe they didn’t release the dmd for the update ? If not, get the first version too as it should have those. Many people before him has done it that way. Providing the needed releases on the first release but not in the updates.

Pinballfan2018
                          Participant
                            @pinballfan2018

Ya Thalamus the folder never came over in the zip.. I’m going to wait an hour and try back. I would grab the first version if it was available.

Currently working TNA PUPDMD

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update! dof is great thanks @arngrim :good:

@aldiode
                              did you forget the ultradmdfolder on update?

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

ALDiode
                              Participant
                                @aldiode

Thanks for the update! dof is great thanks @arngrim :good:

@aldiode did you forget the ultradmdfolder on update?

Sure did. It’s fixed now…. Sorry for the error. I have added the UltraDMD folder back into the zip.

Have fun!

AL

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                VONSENSEY
                                Participant
                                  @vonsensey

Hello Thanks nice work with this new version. Sorry to bother but I still can’t get no DOF…Am I missing something ?

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

Did you download new files from the website And also when the game is running right click the back glass and make sure the plugin is Check

YoGoUrT
                                    Participant
                                      @yogourt

Hi, first of all great table.  The only problem I have is I’m unable to start a game in multiplayers despite the fact the script seems to support more than one player.  I have the same issue with metal slug.  Anyone has an idea ?

ALDiode
                                      Participant
                                        @aldiode

Hi, first of all great table. The only problem I have is I’m unable to start a game in multiplayers despite the fact the script seems to support more than one player. I have the same issue with metal slug. Anyone has an idea ?

The original Metal Slug Future Pinball table supported multiple players but the VP conversion does not at this time. Perhaps in the future.

AL

Joey Beaulieu
                                        Participant
                                          @godisnothere

Hi sorry to bother you, but I noticed that all mechanical sounds are coming from my backglass and not from surround sound, is there a way to switch it? I would like music from backglass and mechanical from the front surround sound. Thanks in advance. B-)

The Overlayer Slayer

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Unfortunately. This is still a problem for anyone that makes tables not owning a surround enabled setup. For any desktop (without surround system) or cab user with 2.1 the sound will be played on the backglass (or more correct, main speakers). So, they simply don’t hear the difference. Or more precisely put, they hardly hear any difference.

What we ssf enabled users need to do is. Look at the sample names. Guess what goes to the table and what does not, and then push those that isn’t typical table sounds to the backglass and vise versa. Once we’ve done that. Save and exit completely. Because there is bug that still requires the table to loaded from the start to actually be played as we asked. Once we’re happy. We could ask nicely if the author wouldn’t mind updating the table with the changes. In most cases I expect they will.

You will notice this happening much more often on Originals and EM’s as rom enabled tables will play music and sound effects automatically on the main speakers. For EM’s I would say. All sound should go to table, except maybe knockers, and EM reel sounds, chimes – I’m not so sure about. The truth about ssf is that almost everyone uses exciters and those does loose a bit of clarity to the sound so it might be a preference thing I guess.

For originals. All those “wee”, “boo” and odd sounds that gets added. Please put them in the backglass. I’ve never heard a bumper really say “wee” before ;)

Oh and yes. You use the Sound manager in VP to switch where those sounds should come from.

This only is however the start of the journey. It might be that you find that the table never included ssf specific code to pinpoint where on the table those objects are and for that you could try to have a look at the github repo and see if there is some improvements made. I hope that the authors embrace this so we could get all tables “modernized”.

I’ve actually made code for this one too. But, I don’t want to keep all the vpx tables ever made up on github forever. I would gladly share this with the authors.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?