Space Train (MAC 1987)

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

man, this is a very FAST table. Challenging my twitch reflexes for sure….. LOL
      I do have a strange issue that I don’t think is related to the table per say, but it may be. My cabinet’s start button will not start this table. I have to use the 1 key on the keyboard instead. The button works on all other 600 plus tables that I have in my system (I’m pretty sure this is the only MAC table though, so it may be an issue with the MAC script?), and I’ve confirmed in notepad that the button is typing the number 1. I’ve also deleted the table’s nvram file and let it recreate, but that didn’t help. Anyone with an idea as to what may be the issue? Thanks for any replies in advance.
      EDIT – just downloaded NBA and it also does not start with the cabinet start button. But for NBA, the start button is adding credits (half at a time). So it’s something to do with the MAC tables it looks like. :unsure:

I have the exact same thing happening for both games

bushav
      Participant
        @bushav

I do have a strange issue that I don’t think is related to the table per say, but it may be. My cabinet’s start button will not start this table. I have to use the 1 key on the keyboard instead. The button works on all other 600 plus tables that I have in my system (I’m pretty sure this is the only MAC table though, so it may be an issue with the MAC script?), and I’ve confirmed in notepad that the button is typing the number 1. I’ve also deleted the table’s nvram file and let it recreate, but that didn’t help. Anyone with an idea as to what may be the issue? Thanks for any replies in advance.

EDIT – just downloaded NBA and it also does not start with the cabinet start button. But for NBA, the start button is adding credits (half at a time). So it’s something to do with the MAC tables it looks like. :unsure:

Both 1.0 and 1.1 work fine on my cabinet in relation to the coin and start buttons.  My start is mapped to “1” also and it is starting the game just fine.  No keyboard use required.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Jopp
        Participant
          @joppnl

As I can not see what changed in 1.1:

playing 1.0 and was having my 2nd multiball (no clue how you prepare for one but suddenly it was there…) (so 1st time MB was ok) but on the 2nd: when it shot out the ball from the saucer it gave a script error line 842: subscript out of range…..

Had to abort…..

Table plays really nice, very good graphices as well, thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
          Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

outhere
            @outhere

Both 1.0 and 1.1 work fine on my cabinet in relation to the coin and start buttons. My start is mapped to “1” also and it is starting the game just fine. No keyboard use required.

I use an ipac-2 for a key board interface would it have something to do with that
            On the ipac-2 I have it wired so when you release the button it tells It to Add a player maybe that is too fast for the rom or something

Goldchicco
            Participant
              @goldchicco

@Jopp

line 842 is  related to Ball Shadow and is a code pretty much universal for all tables.

You can delete the entire ball shadow code from line 820 to line 851, this will not effect the game.

However, since you report a problem with the multi-ball, I’m suggesting to change line 12 from True to False

new line 12 should be:

Const EnableMBCorr = False

Let me know

Goldchicco
              Participant
                @goldchicco

@ramsrule  and @outhere

tried again both games on my cab and buttons works correctly, also tried the keyboard on both and still everything works fine, key n.5 for Coin\Credit and n.1 for Start.

Suggestion: try to download the original table ROM from IPDB and rename the zip file spctrain.zip

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3895

Hope it will help

ramsrule
                Participant
                  @ramsrule

@ramsrule and @outhere

tried again both games on my cab and buttons works correctly, also tried the keyboard on both and still everything works fine, key n.5 for Coin\Credit and n.1 for Start.

Suggestion: try to download the original table ROM from IPDB and rename the zip file spctrain.zip

Hope it will help

I gave it a go and it did not change anything.  Still no start after downloading the rom and renaming/recreating the zip file so that it would load.  Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

outhere
                    @outhere

@ramsrule and @outhere
                    Hope it will help

That did not make a different but thanks for the idea
                    Did some testing I use the keyboard if I tap the number 1 key real Fast,  Space train does nothing,  NBA puts in credits
                    If I hold my finger on number 1 key as if pushing a button on the cab
                    Space train starts the game
                    NBA starts the game plus it adds a credits at the same time
                    I think it’s Rom related

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

@outhere : The key handling between NBA and this one is quite different. Seems that this relies fully on mac.vbs and NBA has more checks, like freeplay etc.

I highly recommend NOT to use ipdb for rom download, use VPU. VPF is outdated, so is IPDB.

outhere
                        @outhere

@outhere : The key handling between NBA and this one is quite different. Seems that this relies fully on mac.vbs and NBA has more checks, like freeplay etc.
                        I highly recommend NOT to use ipdb for rom download, use VPU. VPF is outdated, so is IPDB.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/nba-mac-1986/

Goldchicco
                        Participant
                          @goldchicco

@outhere and @ramsrule

here you can find the link for the roms at VPUniverse, also make sure you have the latest vbs file, I am going to put the link of mine in this post.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3946-nba-mac/

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4056-space-train/

my Mac.vbs file here:

https://mega.nz/file/vLBnDATA#xD3WiOpfMWc8J3Yr0gbjEZoy3vQPNkReqzGzy17yEPU

outhere
                            @outhere

@outhere and @ramsrule
                            here you can find the link for the roms at VPUniverse, also make sure you have the latest vbs file, I am going to put the link of mine in this post.
                            my Mac.vbs file here:

All them items made no difference but thank you for trying to help
                            I wonder If something can be added to the – Mac.vbs

ramsrule
                            Participant
                              @ramsrule

@outhere and @ramsrule

my Mac.vbs file here:

All them items made no difference but thank you for trying to help

I wonder If something can be added to the – Mac.vbs

same for me… no difference but I do appreciate your help.  Maybe we can get it figured out at some point.  For now, I will use the keyboard to start the game.  B-)

bha19
                              Participant
                                @bha19

Error line 923 subscript out of range

Goldchicco
                                Participant
                                  @goldchicco

@Bha19

ball shadow error

Did it happened during a multiball?

bha19
                                  Participant
                                    @bha19

I got a replay  and on the same ball I got another replay  through the upper loop both times. and then the table crashed with the error. I am Not sure about multi ball but could have been.

Jopp
                                    Participant
                                      @joppnl

I have this ball shadow error more often (other tables).

I guess they all use the same sub_routine.

Problem occurs with me on multiball but not very often…can’t get grip on when it happens.

What works for me (just 1 click) is to disable the associated timer for the ball shadows so the routine never gets called.

Or just quote out all the routine, should also work but the best thing is to find out why this routine is causing very sometimes errors…

My favorite pinball machine?
                                      Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Goldchicco
                                      Participant
                                        @goldchicco

@bha19

@Jopp

Jopp solution is the quicker one, is a ball shadow error so it’s ok to do what he explained.

You can safely delete all the Ball Shadow lines from the script: line 901 to line 932

On the mean time I will work on the solution.

Randy823
                                        Participant
                                          @randy823

Yes the game does not start for me other

Can not add credits with start button

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?