Spiderman Vault Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

c:\visual_pinball\vpinmame\altcolor\smanve_101c\pin2dmd.pal <- exists ?

c:\visual_pinball\vpinmame\roms\smanve_101c.zip <- exists ?

Start ‘setup.exe’ in c:\visual_pinball\vpinmame – press test – verify that the rom smanve_101c filesize isn’t 0 – if its a bad checksum, thats fine. It should be.

Now, go to options, make sure you have ticked use 4 color and also use ext dll.

You have a dmddevice.ini in c:\visual_pinball\vpinmame folder – with dmddevice.dll ? This part is done, right ?

You have set cgamename = “smanve_101c” in the table script ?

The pin2dmd.pal file should come from the same archive as the patch itself. Can’t really think of anything else, if you did manage to follow the excellent guides from roar and freelunch.

Of course, you might have visual_pinball installed somewhere else, and need to adjust accordingly.

Hope this helps.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      robwaade
      Participant
        @robwaade

looks like how you have it laid out i have it still cant get color

freelunch
        Participant
          @freelunch

looks like how you have it laid out i have it still cant get color

That’s odd. Are you using this SAM build? http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2933-sambuild29-beta-thread/

“Copy the files into your VPM directory, and run setup.exe again. There, press the install button (with each new build) and remember to setup the defaults again!”

I’m afraid I wouldn’t know what try next other than starting over from the beginning.

roar
          Participant
            @roar

@robwaade Can you confirm you can get the colour rom to work from the ‘setup.exe’ referenced by Thalamus above? Let’s get to it working in the game later, let’s just confirm you’ve got the coloured ROM done right first.

robwaade
            Participant
              @robwaade

the rom works has name of creator when going through the onscreen stuff when testing it it has orange as the color

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Then I’m sure … there is only for you to check your folder inside vpinmame – it should be named

ALTCOLOR

and a folder inside there named

SMANVE_101C

inside that … this file ( not with the .txt extention – just not allowed to update a *.pal file )

Attachments:
                robwaade
                Participant
                  @robwaade

alt color need to be capitalized

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

You don’t have a log file to provide maybe ?

robwaade
                    Participant
                      @robwaade

whats a log file

robwaade
                      Participant
                        @robwaade

not as comp savy as most

freelunch
                        Participant
                          @freelunch

whats a log file

I think it’s the DmdDevice.log in the VPinMAME folder. Copy the text and paste it here.

roar
                          Participant
                            @roar

Is this on a virtual DMD or a physical DMD? Can you share your dmddevice.ini as well? And what locations you’ve copied it to? Try searching for dmddevice.dll on your system, lets make they are all the latest version. Also, can you share a screen shot of the spiderman rom selected in the vpinmame setup.exe? What are you thoughts on using Team Viewer? This may be easier to have someone actually walk you through this live on your computer :)

robwaade
                            Participant
                              @robwaade

open to anything i got it to work couple issues i am using a 2 screen setup i have a colored dmd and original dmd dont know how to get rid of original dmd window and colored doesnt stay in place when resetting vp also vp locks up when exiting when using colored rom any ideas appreciate all your time and help you guys rock

freelunch
                              Participant
                                @freelunch

Change Line 90 in the Table Script to “.Hidden = 1”, that should get rid of the original DMD.

In your VPinMAME folder, edit DmdDevice.ini with Notepad. “left = 0”  and “top = 0” will need to be different numbers. Not sure what numbers exactly since I don’t have a 2 monitor setup, so you can trial-and-error your way to victory here unless someone else mentions what they should be.

I also get crashes sometimes with this DMD. I can’t use command lines to launch the table, I have to open open VPX and then the table to avoid crashes. The software is pretty new/experimental, so I suspect there are bugs being ironed out.

jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

I’m having the same issue as Rob. Got the rom patched but it is not in color. The only thing I cant find is the dmddevice.ini. Do i need to create this file or should it be downloaded somewhere?

3 screen cab with 10″monitor as a dmd.

freelunch
                                  Participant
                                    @freelunch

I’m having the same issue as Rob. Got the rom patched but it is not in color. The only thing I cant find is the dmddevice.ini. Do i need to create this file or should it be downloaded somewhere? 3 screen cab with 10″monitor as a dmd.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases/download/v1.5.0/dmdext-v1.5.0.zip

freelunch
                                    Participant
                                      @freelunch

open to anything i got it to work couple issues i am using a 2 screen setup i have a colored dmd and original dmd dont know how to get rid of original dmd window and colored doesnt stay in place when resetting vp also vp locks up when exiting when using colored rom any ideas appreciate all your time and help you guys rock

I just noticed freezy had an update burried at VPUniverse that has fixed crashing for me. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2728-sam-build-with-modular-dmd-drivers-for-pindmd123-and-pin2dmd/?page=20#comment-33674

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Great support job Freelunch … !

Andypc
                                        Participant
                                          @andypc

I just followed these instructions. I installed C++ 2015 and re-booted, as it wasn’t installed.

———–

Install Instructions

1. Get the latest release, copy the content of the zip file to your hard drive, preferable in your PATH, and unblock the .exe file (right-click, properties, unblock).
                                          2. Download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

Test

1. Open a command prompt ([Windows]+[R], cmd, [enter])
                                          2. Type dmdext test [enter]

You should see a test image on your DMD as well as on a virtual DMD.

——————–

This is what happened:-

—————

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
                                          Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Pinball>cd c:\temp

c:\temp>dmdext test

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer fo
                                          r ‘DmdExt.DmdExt’ threw an exception. —> System.MissingMethodException: Method
                                          not found: ‘Int32 System.Environment.get_CurrentManagedThreadId()’.
                                          at NLog.LogFactory.<GetCandidateConfigFileNames>d__a..ctor(Int32 <>1__state)
                                          at NLog.LogFactory.get_Configuration()
                                          at NLog.LogFactory.GetLogger(LoggerCacheKey cacheKey)
                                          at NLog.LogManager.GetCurrentClassLogger()
                                          at DmdExt.DmdExt..cctor()
                                          — End of inner exception stack trace —
                                          at DmdExt.DmdExt.Main(String[] args)

c:\temp>

————–

Even the Test Fails :facepalm:

jbg4208
                                          Participant
                                            @jbg4208

Got mine all working. had to make sure the dmddevice.dll was not in the pinmame folder. It only should be in the syswow64 folder.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 72 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?