Strikes N’ Spares (Gottlieb 1995) Alternate Dual Mode Backglass

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    HiRez00
    Participant
      @hirez00

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/strikes-n-spares-gottlieb-1995-alternate-dual-mode-backglass/

Strikes N’ Spares (Gottlieb 1995) Alternate Dual Mode Backglass

This is NOT to be confused with Strikes and Spares (Bally 1978).

The original Strikes N’ Spares table / games uses a DOUBLE DMD screen – so using a RealDMD in a cab is impossible because the images overlap, so I made my own special backglass withe a double DMD area that fits the virtual DMD nicely.

The original backglass / panel was visually “uninteresting” and I wanted to make a “fun” backglass for a very fun VPX table made by 32assassin.

Backglass has Dual Mode built in:

Authentic Mod: Turn ON feature an stays continuously lit.

Fantasy Mod: Various looping lighting animations.

RIGHT-CLICK on the backglass to change the mode from Authentic (default) to Fantasy if you want to see the lighting animations.

Also includes is a new HiRez wheel PNG image.

Rename the backglass file to the EXACT same name as your table file.

Optimized / scaled for 16×9 backglass monitors.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – –

This project took considerable time … so “thanks” or comments in the support topic would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE: I create these videos for fun and for the dedicated VPX pinball users on this and other forum. I DID NOT create this for you to download as SELL, MAKE MONEY OR PROFIT ON … You have been warned!

DO NOT include any of these files with other downloads or projects without asking permission first.

All Logos, Characters, Copyrights and Trademarks property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE OR DISTRIBUTION. PLEASE DO NOT RE-DISTRIBUTE.

10 users thanked author for this post.
      32assassin
      Participant
        @32assassin

thanks but this is Michels (mfuegemann) table,  he deserves most if not all of the credit.

I just ported it to VPX, when you have such a well built VP9 table.

You do limited work to port it into  VPX.

I personally cropped the Marquee from the original dB2s, so that I could have a bigger DMD screen

strikesnspares

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

HiRez00
        Participant
          @hirez00

thanks but this is Michels (mfuegemann) table, he deserves most if not all of the credit.

I just ported it to VPX, when you have such a well built VP9 table.

You do limited work to port it into VPX.

I personally cropped the Marquee from the original dB2s, so that I could have a bigger DMD screen

strikesnspares

Ok. I updated the text to reflect mfuegemann being the original author of the table.

Thanks.

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

Fine.  This BG will get me to finally load this table in my cab!!

Zedixair
            Participant
              @zedixair

Well, I can’t have the same result as on your pic, with the “double DMD”.

After doing F1, I checked “use external DMD”, I clicked on the BG and have chosen “fantasy mode” to have animated lights. But I still have a “normal” DMD with overlaping images, whatever settings I modify in my dmddevice.ini … Could you please explain in details how you set things to have a double DMD as in your pics ? Thank you.

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

Because of the type of DMD it is you can not use external with this game, Use show DMD

1 user thanked author for this post.
                HiRez00
                Participant
                  @hirez00

Well, I can’t have the same result as on your pic, with the “double DMD”.

After doing F1, I checked “use external DMD”, I clicked on the BG and have chosen “fantasy mode” to have animated lights. But I still have a “normal” DMD with overlaping images, whatever settings I modify in my dmddevice.ini … Could you please explain in details how you set things to have a double DMD as in your pics ? Thank you.

Zed,

When you press F1 – you DO NOT want to have “Use External” checked. This should be UNCHECKED.

Then CHECK “Show DMD”, then click ‘OK’ to save these changes. VERY IMPORTANT!

This will force the table / rom to show the virtual DMD.

You can then RIGHT-CLICK on the DMD and resize it to fit in the space on the backglass. Remember to then select ‘Game Options’ and click ‘OK’ so it will then save that position for that DMD for that particular table.

Also, I don’t know if this happens for everyone, but is sometimes does for me, but you have to completely quit the VPX app for any DMD changes to take effect. If I just keep hitting F3 to reboot the table – sometimes (not often) none of the changes I’ve made happen. It isn’t until I completely quit do they then take effect. This has happened with this table and baby pack man and others that use oddly shaped DMD sizes.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Zedixair
                  Participant
                    @zedixair

@outhere and @HiRezOO : OK, I’ll try that, thank you for your help !

Update: it works. Didn’t think I could right click on DMD and “show the border” to extend it… :wacko:

Rockme
                    Participant
                      @rockme

Thanks great!! :-)

jason3731
                      Participant
                        @jason3731

I got it to work and I really love it… My only problem is that my b2s loads after the dmd thus my dmd is behind the b2s…forcing me to use ALT+TAB to bring the dmd forward… Is there anyway I can fix this easily from one of you smart members out here?

Nevermind I fixed it… I clicked on the b2s and unchecked the option to “bring form to top”…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?