Tarcisio’s Theme

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Just watched the video of how to switch over. Problem is it looks like its a destructive change in that its not easy to switch back to what you had if you don’t like it. If you copy over all the wheels you lose the old ones and the default videos etc. So there’s not really a good built in “theme” system. I’m just not sure I’m sold on the round metal button look but I’d like to try it to see. Guess I can always just backup the entire PinUp folder.

Always full of positive and thankful words…. or should I say, not really a “good” use of words.

As the instructions clearly indicate…Backup what you don’t want to lose…or otherwords, in case you don’t like this theme. Just backup your “PopMedia \ Default” folder, or your entire POPMedia folder. Don’t like the theme…simply copy that folder back.

Nothing I said was a knock on anything you or the theme designer did it was more of a suggestion for an enhancement to the PinUp system to have switchable themes. I already figured out how to deal with doing my own backup as I stated. I believe I’ve thanked you many times for all the help and resources you’ve provided I said the PupPacks were awesome. So here’s 3 more pats on the back if I missed a few.

Understand man…its not what you are saying…its more the choice of words you sometimes use. That’s all. I’m not a sensitive snowflake… I just get irked sometimes.

Keep in mind…this Front End is VERY new. The amount of new features it has put out there in a small amount of time blows my mind sometimes. There’s load of great ideas for it…but not everything will be simple one-click option, whereas other features are a million times easier than other front ends.

Gilrock
      Participant
        @gilrock

@TerryRed:  Yes I’m guilty of not always using the right choice of words.  I haven’t been in the best frame of mind since I’ve been constantly battling setup problems the last week trying to get the cabinet updated.  Seems like everything I install has issues.

You can go look at the Issue list on Github for xLights.  I have users complaining to me all the time for features so I know what’s its like to spend hundreds of hours and then users don’t always sound appreciative.  I’ve spent hundreds of hours adding features I don’t even use.   Sometimes I get phrases from users like “C’mon it can’t be that hard to add this feature”.  I try to be sensitive to that and if this code was open source I’d be right in there helping write it.  I helped make xLights so good that we are now stealing away customers from paid for programs.

I think this PinUp system is awesome and that’s why I’m spending all this time getting it setup.

TerryRed
          @terryred

NEW!

Coloured Wheelbars:

Now you can use coloured versions of his Wheelbar. There are 8 colours available to use, and all in each resolution (HD,2K,3K,4K). You can choose your own colour for the default wheelbar, or you can have a different colour for each Emulator or Playlist! Simply use the Popper Media Manager to “drag and drop” the wheelbars to your Playlist’s Wheelbar Box. Download them here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tarcisios-theme-coloured-wheelbars/

TerryRed
            @terryred

NEW!

Coloured Popper videos

I have also created coloured versions of the Theme’s videos to match the different coloured wheelbars!

Now you can have the Playfield, Loading, and Backglass videos for Tarcisio’s Theme with 8 colours to choose from! (including a rainbow version that cycles colours) You can choose your own colour for the Popper default, or you can have a different colour for each Emulator, or a different one for each game!

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tarcisios-theme-coloured-popper-videos/

Scooby
            Participant
              @scooby

Terry and Tarcisio, these colors look amazing, thank you. I decided to use the green color scheme and moved the appropriate files to overwrite the defaults.

The wheel bar is now always green and looks awesome. However for some reason, the playfield background and loading screens are still the default blue from Tarcisio’s original theme…but only when tables are in the wheel.

When the wheel show Recently played or Favorites, the background is green.

Keep in mind, I don’t have any playfield media recorded yet, as I’m still setting up my new system before installing it in my cab. Do I need playfield media in order to see the green background?

Attached are pics of my Pop Media default folder and examples of what I mentioned above while in Popper.

Thanks in advance with any help you can provide!

TerryRed
                @terryred

Terry and Tarcisio, these colors look amazing, thank you. I decided to use the green color scheme and moved the appropriate files to overwrite the defaults.

The wheel bar is now always green and looks awesome. However for some reason, the playfield background and loading screens are still the default blue from Tarcisio’s original theme…but only when tables are in the wheel.

When the wheel show Recently played or Favorites, the background is green.

Keep in mind, I don’t have any playfield media recorded yet, as I’m still setting up my new system before installing it in my cab. Do I need playfield media in order to see the green background?

Attached are pics of my Pop Media default folder and examples of what I mentioned above while in Popper.

Thanks in advance with any help you can provide!

Adding Media for custom Themes:

If you want to have your own “Popper” default videos and wheel images, then you need to copy the new media to your “PoPMedia \ Default \ System” folder.

If you want to have your own “Emulator” default videos, then you need to copy the new videos to your “PoPMedia \ Emulator \ System” folder.

Playlist media only plays when the Playlist is“highlighted”. This includes media for sub-playlists. There are no Loading videos for a Playlist.

Each and every Table however can have their own media for everything.

Don’t forget that HOME LIST can also have its own default media.

If you are using multiple wheelbars for example…don’t forget to add a wheelbar to the HOME LIST, or the last wheelbar image used within a Playlist will still be active when going back to the HOME LIST.

Scooby
                Participant
                  @scooby

Maybe that is where my setup is wrong or I don’t understand how/where I need to put the tables so I don’t have to highlight a playlist or just not have playlists.

I don’t understand Playlist media only plays when the Playlist is“highlighted”. I have watched your great video tutorials and read the installation instructions, yet some of this I’m just missing, but feel I’m close.

I only wanted to have a single list of tables when I launch Popper. I thought I had it setup this way, as all my tables are currently VPX and I no longer see different systems listed on the first screen (which is good). I only see my VPX tables listed in the Popper wheel bar.

Do I need keep the default theme color scheme the way I have it set up? :scratch:

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Maybe that is where my setup is wrong or I don’t understand how/where I need to put the tables so I don’t have to highlight a playlist or just not have playlists.

I don’t understand Playlist media only plays when the Playlist is“highlighted”. I have watched your great video tutorials and read the installation instructions, yet some of this I’m just missing, but feel I’m close.

I only wanted to have a single list of tables when I launch Popper. I thought I had it setup this way, as all my tables are currently VPX and I no longer see different systems listed on the first screen (which is good). I only see my VPX tables listed in the Popper wheel bar.

Do I need keep the default theme color scheme the way I have it set up? :scratch:

So you want Green for everything?

If you only have VPX tables, then copy the green media files your your PoPMedia \ Visual Pinball X \ System folder.

If that isn’t covering everything you want. Then use the Media Manager, choose PLAYLIST, Then select your HOME LIST, then drag and drop.

Scooby
                    Participant
                      @scooby

For some reason, I don’t have a playlist called Home List. When I select Playlist from the Media Manager, I see two lists below. Both lists are named VPX.

However, your first suggestion above worked (placing the green media files in the VPX\system folder)! I seemed to only have put these files in the Default\system folder before, which must be why I could only see the green wheel bar and not green backgrounds.

The mystery continues as to why/how my home list became two VPX named lists. But, at least all my screen backgrounds are the same color and man, do they look awesome.

Thanks again!

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Add a little…or a lot of colour to Tarcisio’s Theme for Pinup Popper, with new Coloured Popper System Wheels!

You now have the choice to use 8 different colours for all of the Popper System Wheels. Choose a single colour, or mix it up. The choice is now yours!

These wheels are in 1024×1024 resolution.

These files can be downloaded at:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tarcisios-theme-coloured-popper-wheels/

3 users thanked author for this post.
                        Mark70
                        Participant
                          @mark70

Thanks Tarcisio and Terry, it looks awesome! :good:

And also thanks again Nailbuster for making it possible!

andy
                          Participant
                            @andyco48

it says update 2 nov 1019 wots updated?

TerryRed
                              @terryred

it says update 2 nov 1019 wots updated?

Nothing was updated. I just added the Wheel template image, since so many people seem to not be able find it.

andy
                              Participant
                                @andyco48

ok thanks wos just wondering sorry mate.

dondi
                                Participant
                                  @dondi

QUESTION: Is this default theme pack now (January 2020) included in the latest version of PinUPSystem/Popper? I just went through all Terry’s vids to setup my PinSystem and Popper, but now I am just trying to dial everything in. It seems the default themes are already included (not 100% positive as I’m still configuring like mad). I started with v1.4.1 and did the 1.4.4 update. If this pack is redundant, maybe a note in the original post for those who come here in the future? I think the links in the thread to the colored system wheels and colored vids would be helpful at this point in my build for esthetics though.
                                  Thanks to everyone involved for their work on this amazing FE

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

QUESTION: Is this default theme pack now (January 2020) included in the latest version of PinUPSystem/Popper? I just went through all Terry’s vids to setup my PinSystem and Popper, but now I am just trying to dial everything in. It seems the default themes are already included (not 100% positive as I’m still configuring like mad). I started with v1.4.1 and did the 1.4.4 update. If this pack is redundant, maybe a note in the original post for those who come here in the future? I think the links in the thread to the colored system wheels and colored vids would be helpful at this point in my build for esthetics though.

Thanks to everyone involved for their work on this amazing FE

The default theme is the t-bar (blue) theme as you see in this post. The extra coloured videos,etc are not included. The new Themes for T-Arc and T-Bar all come with coloured wheel bars and coloured loading videos only. So this post is still relevant.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    dondi
                                    Participant
                                      @dondi

Just before your post, I realized the BG videos are not animated. :-D
                                      Just downloaded and unpacking now. Thanks Terry

dgriff
                                      Participant
                                        @dgriff

Many thanks – great work!! :good:

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?