Thanks everyone! Sincerely, A proud Dad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BrandonLaw
    Participant
      @brandonlaw

My son and I went out to play pinball and get his first comic today.  He was a bit frustrated at our local pinball arcade, but as a 4 year old and recent TMNT lover, he is overjoyed.  This sweet boy is raising his arms and hollering at making ramps and getting loud sounds to actuate. Probably been at this over an hour now and I couldn’t be a happier Dad.  Thanks so much to all the talented artists, and also the enthusiasts that perpetuate this hobby with class.  It’s enjoyed beyond this site and tilts our hearts everyday.

I think someone was cutting onions in the room while he was playing….had to be the reason I was all watery.

.IMG_1955

"Fuck this game. I love it."

1 user thanked author for this post.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Get him a “fuck this game, I love it” shirt.

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

That…is funny stuff right there.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Nice :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Sometimes the internet and, unfortunately, pinball forums have too much drama.  Therefore it’s cool to see threads like this one to remind us why we love pinball to begin with and frankly, it’s just nice to see/read a “feel good” story.

Thanks for sharing Brandan.  My daughters have ZERO interests in pinball and that’s ok.  But I reserve the right to be a little jealous and hope someday a grandson/granddaughter is around to appreciate what we all feel so passionate about this hobby.

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

So..what was the comic bought?

BrandonLaw
                Participant
                  @brandonlaw

Get him a “fuck this game, I love it” shirt.

Some legacies are better revealed at a later date. :heart:

BrandonLaw
                  Participant
                    @brandonlaw

Sometimes the internet and, unfortunately, pinball forums have too much drama. Therefore it’s cool to see threads like this one to remind us why we love pinball to begin with and frankly, it’s just nice to see/read a “feel good” story.

Thanks for sharing Brandan. My daughters have ZERO interests in pinball and that’s ok. But I reserve the right to be a little jealous and hope someday a grandson/granddaughter is around to appreciate what we all feel so passionate about this hobby.

Spot on…on all accounts!  Also, my wife hasn’t touched the cab, nor will she.  (I take that back…I think she put her hands on it to ‘watch’ the HPGOF table as she’s a nutter about the series.)  My daughter (2yrs old) always pushes the coin buttons…so that’s a start!  Needless to say, it was humbling to see my boy entrenched and enthused!

As far as the drama…the internet is a funny place.  I sometimes wish I was born much earlier during a ‘simpler’ time.  I do not have social media, and frankly haven’t turned the news on since March.  There’s a reason why folks want to retire to 40+ acres in the middle of nowhere.  The hallucination of needing ‘likes’ or followers is beyond my comprehension.  As a matter of fact, I had just caught a blurb somewhere there’s a legitimate illness about chasing ‘likes’ by our younger gens.  Wild.

BrandonLaw
                    Participant
                      @brandonlaw

So..what was the comic bought?

So with his new TMNT infatuation, he wanted a comic of the series.  He actually settled on a larger, many paged comic.  I think it was like 18 bucks if that tells you how much larger it was.  Oddly a bit dark, but he just flips the pages and likes having it.  (I liked how rugged it was for his use-case, haha)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?