The Last Starfighter VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer
      Gwen wrote:OK you guys have to check this out!  http://www.roguesynapse.com/games/last_starfighter.php

I just finished getting my butt kicked in a free download version of the complete Starfighter game exactly as it appears in the movie.  Too cool =)

I may just have to build a cabinet for that one =)

I tried it, first time it worked fine but low res so I ran the resolution exe and selected a different res but it went south. Game played slow, ratio was wrong. Per the instructions I selected a 4:3 ratio resolution and that fixed the graphics but for some reason controls are borked.  It seems fun so I will keep working at it, its def a heart filled fan labor of love.  This dates back to 2006 and the game still seems fun and not dated (like it belonged in the arcades back in ’93 via Sega Virtual Fighter type polygon tech).   Thanks for the link Gwen

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

djchiccomix:  Looks like a fun original table!  Thank you for your contribution, looking forward to the PUP pack release

mikuslegrand
        Participant
          @mikuslegrand

hi all,

where can we find the puppack ? :unsure:

thx :good: :bye:

djchiccomix
          Participant
            @djchiccomix

hello everyone, the internet line is zeroed in this period of virus that I have been waiting for 4 hours for the loading of the first HD Italian pup pack.

Tomorrow I put the English one and all the media for frontend.

I am using the translator and I hope it is read correctly in English.

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it!  Hope you are safe in your home country!

Wizball
              Participant
                @wizball

This table uses many elements from mfuegemann’s recreation of Pro Pinball: The Web, which should be properly credited.

GTO77
                Participant
                  @gto77

Where can I find the music files?   It says I should place them in the music folder, but no music files were attached.  Thanks!

theolditguy
                  Participant
                    @theolditguy

I LOVE this movie! Thank you for this release!  I didnt see any music files so I assume we are just waiting on the puppack?  The script seems to have all the music calls commented out as well?  Thank you so much

BeachBumTN
                    Participant
                      @beachbumtn

Thanks djchiccomix, I am downloading the Italian PUP pack until the English is ready. Grazie!

djchiccomix
                      Participant
                        @djchiccomix

Causa corona virus la linea internet mi risulta sempre lenta……oggi ho inserito i pup pack e i media.

Spero vi piaccia questo tavolo. Un bel ricordo del film!

baalisan
                        Participant
                          @baalisan

Thanks!!!  Nice YouTube channel too!  Your Baywatch and Ready Player One tables and PuP-Packs are especially well done!

djchiccomix
                          Participant
                            @djchiccomix

let me know if you have any problems after downloading the pup packs and playing;)

Adolfo
                            Participant
                              @scorpion

ottimo lavoro,

hai usato the web come base se non sbaglio…. :-)

djchiccomix
                              Participant
                                @djchiccomix

yes, as a base, but then I modified the whole table to create this.

andrej
                                Participant
                                  @andros

i need setup for pup pack editor the last starfighter any help?

andrej
                                  Participant
                                    @andros

the pup pack not seeing it run behind in windows?

elvinu
                                    Participant
                                      @elvinu

last star2

For starters, a big thank you to djchiccomix for a cool table.  I worked at a movie theatre when this came out so I saw bits of it (mostly the beginning and the end) a ton of times.  I think I learned a little Italian while trying to get this to work  ;p

I’m a single screen user and this one was tough for me. If you’re like me and having issues, here’s what I did:

1. I didn’t want to see all those extra table parts to the side of the table, so I dragged them far to the sides.

last1

2. I set up my camera settings as seen in the image below. Note, because I dragged items to the side, it affected my X Offset which I normally set to 0. If you drag the extra parts to the side, your X offset will be different than mine.

last2

3. There were no pup files with the pup pack so I did the following to get things to work for me:

last3

4. For my PinUpPlayer.ini file, I changed the aspect ratio of the Topper so the spinning circle emblem was a true circle and not a misshapened oval:
                                      [INFO]
                                      ScreenXPos=2
                                      ScreenYPos=164
                                      ScreenWidth=512
                                      ScreenHeight=384
                                      512 X 384 matches the dimensions of the mp4 movie in the Topper puppack folder.  Note that I resize all the videos to be smaller since I’m playing at a 1920X1080 resolution so your topper video resolution might be larger.

5. Here’s the details to my pupinit.bat file which I know are excessive but hey they sorta work for me:
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 4 1
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 5 0
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -1 5 1
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 6 1
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -2 7 0
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 8 1
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 9 0
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -1 9 1
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 10 1
                                      start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -2 11 0

The reason I say ‘sorta’ is that . . .

Once I launch the table (via Pinup Popper or double clicking on the vpx file), I wait for the topper (spinning emblem) to stop flickering on/off.  At this point, I’m not yet seeing the BackGlass and sometimes not seeing the UltraDMD for whatever reason (on other tables, I do see them both before I add a coin ‘5’ or press ‘1’ to start).

Once that Topper stops flashing on and off (because of my excessive bat file), I then press ‘1’ to start. At this point the UltraDMD display and the BackGlass appear.
                                      I then press Enter to launch the ball.

Thanks again djchiccomix for all the hard work!!!

RegalBegal
                                      Participant
                                        @rgalbegal

Awesome table. when I launch the table i get a B2S error looking for the backglass file thelaststarfighter.directb2s, anyone else getting this? It wasn’t included with the download.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        Loganchihuahua
                                        Participant
                                          @chihua07

Wow this is a fantastic original. What a blast from the past!! I remember this movie. One of the first movies to use CGI space scenes!!! Wooohooo! Thanks so much for sharing your creation. Its a really fun to play.  Thank you.  Love the pup pack too!

julien
                                          Participant
                                            @silvergear

Awesome table. when I launch the table i get a B2S error looking for the backglass file thelaststarfighter.directb2s, anyone else getting this? It wasn’t included with the download.

I have the same problem. How can we solve it ?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?