The Machine – Bride Of Pinbot (Williams 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-machine-bride-of-pinbot-williams-1991/

“Machine complete and fully operational”

Welcome to my The Machine – Bride of Pinbot refresh – version 2.0 for VP10. This table has undergone a tremendous amount of refinement with countless new visual details, all new lighting, all new physics, better sound effects additional table options.

Shout-outs to Cyberpez, Rothbauerw, nfozzy for heavily contributing to this latest refresh. Cant thank you guys enough.

Table includes all of the tips and tricks I have learned over the last year or so, and really looks and plays, better than ever. Please refer to the script for additional credits and table options.

And a big thanks to Unclewilly for allowing me to complete the table he started.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Total of 58 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

What the……404 page not found. I can’t believe randr would consider taking a day off!

:unsure:

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Just kidding randr. You deserve a day off.  :yes:

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

HA! saw this and approved instantly!

Truly an HONOR to have this hosted here for people to enjoy!

AMAZING build thank you to all involved!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

The way the helmet lights reflect on the ball! Great details!

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

like easy option to remove add on. great thinking!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

jbg4208
                Participant
                  @jbg4208

Sweet!! Thanks Bill  :good:   :yahoo: Been following the WIP thread on VPF. I want to punch the table in the face most of the time but anyway. Thanks again for the hard work!

TNT2
                  Participant
                    @tnt2

Wow. Amazingly clear playfield. Excellent work wrd as usual.

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

I didn’t think this team could get BOP looking better than the last WIP, but you guys have done it!

“I’m losing it…” Meaning my mind, over what an amazing job you guys have done. Thanks! Downloading tonight…

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw
                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

I didn’t think this team could get BOP looking better than the last WIP, but you guys have done it!

“I’m losing it…” Meaning my mind, over what an amazing job you guys have done. Thanks! Downloading tonight…

I couldn’t agree more.  This looks fantastic.  Love the table and this is a great build!  Thanks to everyone involved.

Edit: Quoted the wrong post.  BTW, you’ve really out done yourself on this one, WRD.  It’s going to be a hard standard to match!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

Turned out really nice, guys.  Thank you.  Everyone did a great job on this table.

The space shuttle toy is a fun option.    :good:

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

If anyone is having trouble hitting the left ramp, try these flipper settings and see if they work better for you.  mass: 1  Strength: 2400 elasticity: 0.8 E falloff: 0.43 friction: 0.6 return strength:0.058

I was getting a whole lot of abort! abort!… but feels a lot better with these settings.  This isn’t a criticism, just sharing settings preferences.

*edit*  Actually, I attached my .vpp so you can just import it if you like.  Don’t forget to back up your original.

Attachments:
                            1 user thanked author for this post.
                            Jesperpark
                            Participant
                              @jesperpark

Thanks to Wrd1972 and everyone else who had a hand in bringing this beautiful table to VP10 :yes:

the_greeze
                              Participant
                                @thegreeze

Fantastic! Thank you very much :)

Clark Kent
                                Participant
                                  @clarkkent
                                  MemberContributor

Of course, you can set the flippers physics to your likes but I think as soon as you can shoot the ball up the ramp without taking a run it’s ok. On the real machine the ball also rolls down the ramp a lot.

One very small error sneaked into my physics settings: the right flipper is not 21.5 but 21. Maybe you should correct that setting.

Drybonz
                                  Participant
                                    @drybonz

I noticed that Gate4 doesn’t have a material (pink).  Should be metal0.1 maybe?  Very minor… hard to spot.

Mark70
                                    Participant
                                      @mark70

In my opinion it is very realistic when a small amount of balls do not overcome the shuttle ramp, this is how I remember the real machine.
                                      I think it is very good balanced, the vast majority of balls do pass the ramp. But for sure it is a matter of taste.

Mark70
                                      Participant
                                        @mark70

I play this table since some days (loaded from the WIP thread over there).
                                        I have never played BOP that much ever before. Everything is so amazing, graphics, playability, animation, and of course the intense light inserts. Absolutely impressive work.

rotrax
                                        Participant
                                          @rotrax

now i can see  :yahoo:

thanks for this great build, another evening in my basement…..

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Glad everyone is enjoying the table.

Even with the beta, there were concerns with hitting the shuttle ramp. The issue with the beta table, was that the ramp was more narrow than it should be. That width issue has been fixed with the release.

There is also another distinguishing characteristic of the ramp that makes it more challenging to hit that has has not been mentioned. If you look at the front portion of it, it goes from 0 height to ~54 height very quickly in order for it to clear the loop path underneath. In other words, it has the steepest incline I have ever seen on a pin ramp and that is likely contributing to its perceived difficulty. Maybe this is a difficulty for the physics engine.

It kind of seems to me that tweaking the flippers may not be the best solution but rather playing around with the physics of the ramp. It kind of seems like if you dont have a perfect shot, the ball loses its energy to severely when it hits the ramp wall. I will play around with it a bit and maybe others can as well.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 324 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?