The most EPIC and amazing TRON pinball game ever made!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Ok, that title might be a bit dramatic… but once you watch my preview video you might agree.

I’m posting this in a separate thread, because when you watch the entire video, you’ll understand that the new Tron mode is literally a different table within another table. (and not everyone knows what RetroFlair is)

If you are a Tron fan… you MUST watch this, as it’s Tron pinball like you’ve never seen before…. heck it’s pinball like you’ve never seen before.

RetroFlair 2 – EPIC Gamez N Tunes

Preview Video featuring Table features and the entire Tron EPIC Gamez mode.

Finally…the first preview of my EPIC sequel to ROM’s classic FP table. Be prepared to have your jaw drop as you have never seen virtual pinball like this! This features the most EPIC Tron pinball game ever made… with a surprise “BIG” ending!

Get yourself some popcorn, get comfy…. and watch the entire video from start to finish.

I don’t want to say too much and spoil the MANY cool moments you will see. I show the entire Tron mode playthrough non-stop… and its one EPIC moment after another.

This was a real work of passion to try things I’ve always wanted to do, and also show what can be done in digital pinball with a little imagination and time. This table is using many of BAM’s latest features, as well as using the new “TerryRed texture animation” method I came up with that is used throughout the table. Combined with FP-BAM’s amazing dynamic lighting, this makes for stunning visuals.

I’ve always wanted to do my own table and also my own version of a Tron pinball game and here it is.. You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks go out to those who contributed resources:

SLAMT1LT – (Tron sounds and music and inspiration from his excellent Tron tables)
      Wild – (Tron disc conversion)
      Schreibi34 – (for his gorgeous insert jewel images)
      Rom – (for the original RetroFlair table, ghost / lightcycle / lightjet models)
      Gimli, GeorgeH, Wild Steve Paradis, shiva and others at Pinball Nirvanna for support
      ravarcade – for the amazing BAM that continues to evolve and allows imagination to drive pinball creation and unique experiences

Keep an eye out… there are more EPIC Gamez to come!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Makes my head hurt to think what went into this thing, Terry. Looks absolutely bonkers.

Love seeing your creativity and passion for pushing the envelope.

TerryRed
          @terryred

Makes my head hurt to think what went into this thing, Terry. Looks absolutely bonkers.

Love seeing your creativity and passion for pushing the envelope.

Coming from you… that is a compliment to the highest degree.

Yes. I think that many table authors would cry when they see the code alone for this thing. :)

I had to create (more to come) the equivalent of 3 tables almost. So much has to be created and then changed for each one.

• 4K playfield art
          • 4K plastics art
          • real insert meshes and bump mapped inserts (using Schreibi34’s gorgeous images)
          • animation for the inserts, balls, ramps, flippers, wire ramps
          • sounds for each mode
          • music for each mode
          • targets art
          • decals
          • sidewalls
          • backwalls
          • sign art

All the above (and much more) needs to be changed and managed… and all textures, lights, flashers… literally everything on the table is managed and adjusted for G.I. lighting on / off…everything. Brightness, colour, bump map levels.. all changed dynamically.

Honestly…. the only bummer is being limited by FP being a 32 bit app… so there is a limit to what I can add to a table before it can’t address any more ram (VPX has the same limitations). The table at one point was at the limits of what could be addressed and was crashing. I found that converting all textures to jpg (except for the many TGA images I need) and removing extra “colour data” and other things not needed by FP helped A LOT. Table went from 270MB down to 160MB from that alone.

Even more craziness to come.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Shannon
          Participant
            @shannon1

If this was in an arcade, I would be broke from shoving so many quarters into it. Simply amazing work! I can’t wait to play.

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

You hopefully don’t have Flynn break dancing.  The Dude would not abide.

TerryRed
                @terryred

You hopefully don’t have Flynn break dancing. The Dude would not abide.

LOL.

If I had the model… it would be easy to do :)

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

ridonculous

Punch it!

marie
                  Participant
                    @marie

Wow Insane!

remdwaas1986
                    Participant
                      @remdwaas1986

Wow cannot imagine how much lines of code textures of 3d objects had to be done! Looks absolute astonishing! It’s so nice that you bring pinball to the next level! It’s so cool to let a character do moves that makes it even like pinball fx. It’s ashame i didn’t understand future pinball, i only can make them in vpx! This looks so far above i have seen from all other games here! I can only say respect of how many hours you spend on this. What a good job, really something to be proud of!

TerryRed
                        @terryred

RetroFlair 2 – “Behind the Scenes”. A visual showcase of how all the magic happens! (Future Pinball)

Wow! Thanks for all the praise I’ve been seeing for my first preview video for RetroFlair 2. As a result, I decided to do a unique video that “shows” you how it all works behind the scenes in “real-time”. I demonstrate how I use BAM’s many features to create and do all the cool things you see (without being too technical), and how I brought Tron to life in a pinball game like you’ve never seen before.

Note: the stutters seen in the video from about 24:00​ to 40:00​’ish are a result of the Youtube video conversion. :(

Normal gameplay is silky smooth with no stutters.

Everything is bookmarked for quick reference:

Introduction – 0:00​
                        Inspiration and motives – 2:04​
                        Lighting – 3:01​
                        Texture Animations – 6:01​
                        Inserts – 7:34​
                        Table Misc Features – 9:54​
                        BAM Custom Models, Animated Characters – 13:11​
                        BAM Mini Playfields – 15:39​
                        Magna-Portal 20:23​
                        TRON Epic Gamez mode – 24:26​
                        Disc Wars – 33:16​
                        Animated Character Opponent Targets – 36:54​
                        LightCycle Battle – 38:39​
                        LightJet Battle – 46:00​
                        Tron Classic – 50:58​
                        Closing Thoughts – 57:26

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by TerryRed.
                        marie
                        Participant
                          @marie

Nice Terry. Thanks for this nice vid. Really enjoyed it.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

New Re-Uploaded video. Old video has stutters from Youtube conversion, so I removed it. This new video plays fine throughout.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?