The Shadow Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Loganchihuahua
    Participant
      @chihua07

Thanks for the update. I have been enjoying the table so much this weekend.  Thank you!!!

TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

Skitso cannot be stopped!  :good:

Karlor
        Participant
          @karlor

Thanks for this table, to all who are diligently toiling away on it! The Shadow was one of those big movies that fell flat for one reason or another. Sort of like Last Action Hero, a mediocre movie makes for a pretty fun table sometimes lol Shes a beaut Clark… now to find a nickle plated pearl grip 1911 to go with it.. hmmm lol

Skitso
          Participant
            @skitso

I figured out how to make the GI lighting dynamic, so it felt so big improvement, I just had to release one more update. So here’s the…

Version 1.4

• Added dynamic GI lighting. Now playfield lamps dim when they should!
            • Added one missing light at the back of the table
            • Raised back loop wall a bit to let the lights be seen below it like in the real one
            • Added few insert light reflections
            • Fixed plastics around left ramp to be more authentic, added detail

Now it’s done. Now to decide what next…

10 users thanked author for this post.
            Thalamus
              @thalamus

Again guys. This is a great table from Alessio it is not that. But, you guys really elevated it from the previous version. Looking forward to see this one since – not often I’ve seen you Skitso saying. It’s done. That has to mean for something ? :good:

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

Thanks for all the updates, Skitso.

Loganchihuahua
                Participant
                  @chihua07

Thank you and congratulations!! Job well done. Both of you.

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria

Is more or less: The Shadow 2.0 :good:

robbo43
                    Participant
                      @robbo43

Hi Skitso,

Fantastic work here, starting from a good platform that was Alessio’s original. The only improvement I can think of is disabling the flippers when the ball enters the battlefield VUK and re-enabling when the ball exits the battlefield (either to the top or bottom). I made a mod of Alessio’s table by scraping some bits from the script from the VP9 version to achieve this and shared it with him. Unfortunately this was around the time that he stopped visiting the MB forums. I’d be happy to share the script with you, although it’s probably a bit of butcher job as I’m no VB coder.

Cheers

Rob

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

Thanks again Skitso—I see the latest version is using a different rom. Wondering why?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Skitso
                        Participant
                          @skitso

No particular reason. I think it’s a newer one..?

Skitso
                          Participant
                            @skitso

Hi Skitso,

Fantastic work here, starting from a good platform that was Alessio’s original. The only improvement I can think of is disabling the flippers when the ball enters the battlefield VUK and re-enabling when the ball exits the battlefield (either to the top or bottom). I made a mod of Alessio’s table by scraping some bits from the script from the VP9 version to achieve this and shared it with him. Unfortunately this was around the time that he stopped visiting the MB forums. I’d be happy to share the script with you, although it’s probably a bit of butcher job as I’m no VB coder.

Cheers

Rob

I’ll gladly take your script changes. Please PM me.  :good:

Sorry, Thalamus, it seems it’s not done after all. :whistle:

EDIT: Actually no… the flippers are functioning during the battlefield in the real machine too, so no need for changes. Thanks anyways, Rob

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Oh. I have a few things that could be added. But, they are only sound related. Like most of my script changes. If I don’t have access to the table itself it is kind of impossible to “fix” everything. And, I see that I left out some small things here and there. Then you have what I consider almost a revolution to VP from Roth/Cyberpez that adds something to almost all tables released til date. Ball skipping routine/sounds.

See, you’re not out of work, if you don’t want to ;-)

Arngrim
                              Participant
                                @arngrim

aaah finally the gi implementation thank you :)

for the occasion there is one update to reflect to the DOF, here is the updated script

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/The%20Shadow%20Skitso%20Detail%20Mod%201.4.vbs

now question, do i put the undercab change to the RGB Undercab Smart only or the RGB Undercab Complex and Complex MX?

jeez, this

On Cyan/S9 White/S10 White/S17 Yellow/S18 Blue/S21 Orange/S22 Orange/S23 Orange/S26 Orange/S27 Orange/S28 Orange

makes the action on the undercab to constantly do something even when there is almost nothing happening on the game… :)

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

If there is much action it sounds like it belongs to the Complex @arngrim.

I’ve found and improved some small things myself, so hold on guys and I’ll tell you when I’ve merge my and Arngrims changes into one :)

Arngrim
                                  Participant
                                    @arngrim

ok, that’s a way to see it, i will just improve the complex toys a bit

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Ok. Changes are merged so you could pick up the changes and add them to the table. There is a slight improvement that you guys could beyond this and that is to add a second “solenoid” sample to the table manager – lets say “Solenoid2” – then change

.InitExitSnd SoundFX(“BallRelease”,DOFContactors), SoundFX(“Solenoid”,DOFContactors)

to

.InitExitSnd SoundFX(“BallRelease”,DOFContactors), SoundFX(“Solenoid2”,DOFContactors)

And move both those samples the very right front where the plunger is in the sound manager.

Table script update is of course same as Arngrim posted above.

Skitso
                                      Participant
                                        @skitso

There was one little bug in the 1.4 release (wall clipped through a plastic). It’s now fixed. Please re-download the 1.4. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                        Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Was script updated ?

Skitso
                                          Participant
                                            @skitso

Uh nope.  :wacko:

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 154 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?