Tron Legacy LE: 2 on 1 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper on 1 Screen )

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tron-legacy-le-2-on-1-pup-pack-bg-topper-on-1-screen/

The 2 on 1 Tron Legacy PuP-Pack!

A video preview of all the VPX Tron Legacy PuP-Packs can be seen here:

The 2 on 1 Pack: PuP Backglass, PuP Topper, both on one screen. Real DMD or LCD DMD on a separate screen (unless you have a square screen that gives you space for it below the PuP Backglass)

For those who want the Topper on the backglass screen (16:9) and don’t have room for anything else.

This Pack uses still image overlays for the new “framed” neon border. This overlay will change neon colours for game modes as well, but only has single colour transparency, and can’t have animated neon or flares, or other animation on the border, so it’s not as nice looking as the “Max Pack”.

This PuP-Pack uses: 1 Backglass video layer, 2 Topper video layers, 1 Overlay layer.

Requirements: IMPORTANT!

PinUP System FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup (which contains PinUP Player 1.3+, PuPB2S driver, and PuPCapture files).

You also MUST be updated to PinUP System 1.3.4 or higher!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

DMDExt / Freezy 1.7 or higher installed in VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUP! This must be installed AFTER PinUP System is installed! (to ensure you have the 1.7 or higher files!)

“Use External DLL” must be enabled in PinMAME settings for trn_174h

PuPCapture MUST be working:

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the pinmame DMD for specific images to trigger videos. This needs both the freezy 1.7+ “dmddevice.dll” file, and the Pinup Player “dmddevicePUP.dll” file.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

You CANNOT use any older version of PinUP Player as it won’t work correctly! Must be 1.3 or higher!

Older PuP-modded Tron Legacy Tables:

You CANNOT use ANY PuP modded tables with this PuP-Pack!

DO NOT use the “Tron Legacy PuP-Edition” or the “Tron Legacy PuP-Pack Edition” tables (or any table based on those!)

You can however use this with any normal version of Tron Legacy LE VPX.

No directb2s Backglass Running:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of your favorite Tron table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your Tron Legacy table it won’t launch the directb2s!

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.7+ files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD colours match the PuPCapture files!

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

System:  Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

PuP-Pack: All Video, Media and Artwork by TerryRed. PuP-Pack Editor & PuPCapture files by TerryRed

Installation:

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos   trn_174h” folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack “trn_174h” folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

If Windows Defender gives you issues with pininit.bat (included with the PuP-Pack)….

Make sure it’s not blocked. If you must, create an exception in Windows Defender for the entire PinUPSystem folder or that file if you need to….or you can try removing the file. That file is only used to try to keep VPX in focus after the PuP-Pack is loaded.

coreduo0099
        Participant
          @coreduo0099

WOW!  Incredible improvment.  Thanks for the different versions.  I grabbed the 2 in 1 for my 3 display table and it is awesome.  Nice work!!!

casimir
          Participant
            @casimir8740
            Hello
            Sorry for my english, I translate with Google translate .........
            I installed your Tron 2.1 pack and I followed your tutorial.
            I have two problems:
            1- when I change the name of my table to not launch the b2s, he tells me that he can not find it and I must do OK to start the table.
            2- I put dmdexternal, but the problem is that it is found on the backglass and if I move it always returns to the same place.
            thank you for your help

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

You can tell db2s to not alarm you about db2s loading errors. Just open any table – press cntr+s on the backglass and then tick the check box that says it should not send errors. That way you resolve your problem #1.

casimir
              Participant
                @casimir8740

:yahoo:

Thanks you , this point is ok   :good:

casimir
                Participant
                  @casimir8740
                  Nobody has any explanation for the DMD?
                  TerryRed
                    @terryred

Nobody has any explanation for the DMD?

You can set the position of your DMD in the dmddevice.ini file in your VPinMAME folder.

casimir
                    Participant
                      @casimir8740

Yes  is not likely to disrupt other tables that uses DMDext, knowing that it only has that on this table that it does me that

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

dmdext doesn’t use dmddevice.ini. freezy’ dmddevice.dll does.

casimir
                        Participant
                          @casimir8740

It’s Ok  . Thank you  :yahoo:  

Everything is working........  :good:    :yahoo:  
                          TerryRed
                            @terryred

V1.2

-updated screens config (Topper Layer 2, ForcePopBack) to work correctly with PinUPSystem 1.3.4+

You MUST be updated to PinUP System 1.3.4!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

TerryRed
                              @terryred

If you already have v1.1 of the “3 on 1” or “2 on 1” PuP-Pack installed…. (and using PinUP System 1.3.4) you can just use the PuP-Pack editor to change Topper 2 (Screen 8) to “ForcePopBack” instead of downloading the entire PuP-Pack again.

Chucky74
                              Participant
                                @mrchucky

<span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;”>Hi Terry, I like the PUP packs you’ve created and they worked fine but I’ve updated  the PUP pack for Tron and the PinUPSystem v1.3.4, Visual Pinball 10.5 to the latest Beta, SAMBuild_r4527 and now I only get the Arcade Mystery video and not any other video’s of the pack. Do you have any idea why that is ?
                                Thanks
                                </span>

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

<span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;”>Hi Terry, I like the PUP packs you’ve created and they worked fine but I’ve updated the PUP pack for Tron and the PinUPSystem v1.3.4, Visual Pinball 10.5 to the latest Beta, SAMBuild_r4527 and now I only get the Arcade Mystery video and not any other video’s of the pack. Do you have any idea why that is ?

Thanks

</span>

My guess is you somehow messed up PuPCapture by replacing the PuP enabled dmddevice.dll (required for PupCapture) that was in VPinMAME with another version…or you copied another version into other folders like syswow64.

Does Avatar completely work correctly?

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.7+ files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD colours match the PuPCapture files!

Gilrock
                                    Participant
                                      @gilrock

Just got this installed.  I’d say it seems to be partially working but I expected to see more video.  I’m using the 2-in-1 version and I’ve only seen it display the word “TRON” with one letter colored or the word “ZUSE” and once I saw it show a really quick video that looked like someone playing the original tron game.  But I got a match event and saw no video and I get no game over video in the topper area on the backglass.  Do I have the right version of the table and ROM?  I got the table from monsterbash website and I downloaded the rom named TRN_174LE.BIN from Stern.  I put the word “Disable” at the front of the db2s file to keep it from running and I do see some activity so its got me stumped why I don’t see as much as your videos.

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Just got this installed. I’d say it seems to be partially working but I expected to see more video. I’m using the 2-in-1 version and I’ve only seen it display the word “TRON” with one letter colored or the word “ZUSE” and once I saw it show a really quick video that looked like someone playing the original tron game. But I got a match event and saw no video and I get no game over video in the topper area on the backglass. Do I have the right version of the table and ROM? I got the table from monsterbash website and I downloaded the rom named TRN_174LE.BIN from Stern. I put the word “Disable” at the front of the db2s file to keep it from running and I do see some activity so its got me stumped why I don’t see as much as your videos.

You don’t have PuPCapture working or Freezy properly setup.

Install Freezy 1.7.1 and follow my instructions (32 bit only!), and make sure you have “Use externall.dll” enabled in PinMAME settings for this table.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmdext-1-7-a-universal-dll-for-real-dmd-virtual-dmd-and-pinup-system/

Gilrock
                                        Participant
                                          @gilrock

I already followed all that but I just did it again to be sure.  How can I be getting SOME of the triggers if its not configured right?  Can you tell me how the triggers work if I see it have a playlist name like “Game Over” but there is no file listed in the Play File slot what does that mean?

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

I already followed all that but I just did it again to be sure. How can I be getting SOME of the triggers if its not configured right? Can you tell me how the triggers work if I see it have a playlist name like “Game Over” but there is no file listed in the Play File slot what does that mean?

When a playlist has no file specified, that means that when that trigger happens…pup will play “one” of the files found in that playlist folder….not a specific file…hence the name playlist. If it lists a specific file…it will only play that file everytime.

The only triggers that are playing videos for you are B2S triggers (just like DOF, or directb2s), and what videos you are seeing played is from the drop targets and normal targets. Those don’t use PuP-Capture.

The rest of the videos are triggered by PuPCapture seeing specific images from the freezy DMD’s output. This is what isn’t working for you.

Make sure your dmddevice.ini is configured correct…make sure use external.dll is enabled for his table. Make sure the table is in the Tables folder (where your b2s server is) and not in its own sub folder. If you play the table from another location…it may not work. Make sure your are playing in English.

Beyond that…if everything is setup correctly for freezy…you shouldn’t be having issues.

What table are you using? This won’t work with any of the PuP-Edition or PuP-Pack Edition version of Tron Legacy tables.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?