Undercab LED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nutmegz
    Participant
      @nutmegz

I ordered addressable LED’s for my undercab lighting, but I can’t get the DOF to talk to them properly with the RGB Undercab. I can get them to work if I use say the playfield right and left MX settings. Is there anyway to get the lights to work with the RGB Undercab output even it if is just a solid color?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

i Don’t think you can have under cab addressable in the dof tool.

you can combine the outputs but i dont think thats what your asking

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Westworld
        Participant
          @westworld

The dof tool is not supporting it. I believe it can be done with some manual (or scripting) work. I’ll try it next week, if successfull I’ll report here.

Nutmegz
          Participant
            @nutmegz

That would be awesome! Thank You.

Westworld
            Participant
              @westworld

Good news: it is possible.

Bad news: some work to do, I do not have an automatic script.

Maybe workaround: don’t use undercab (even that is nicer), use Flipper Button MX

Flipper Button MX already is designed for LEDs, like (from 24): ON Blue AT0 AL0 AW100 AH100

And this is the work you need to do if you want to use undercab.

Download your config, then modify each entry from undercab.

Example again from 24:

ON Blue/S19 Dark_orange/S20 White/S26 White/S27 Red/S31 Yellow/S32 Red

convert this to:

ON Blue AL0 AT0/S19 Dark_orange AL0 AT0/S20 White AL0 AT0/S26 White AL0 AT0/S27 Red AL0 AT0/S31 Yellow AL0 AT0/S32 Red AL0 AT0

Note: you need to add AL0 (AL Zero) for each part, not just once. There is no need to add AW100 AH100 as done in Flipper Button MX, as this are the default values if missing.

If you do it for all entries, it will work fine. I guess it would be possible to write a script with AHK for that, but I don’t know that script language good enough.

Arngrim
              Participant
                @arngrim
                DOF MinisterMember

Hello Guys,

I just created a new toy, RGB Undercab Complex MX, and with the help of Westworld who gave me the config for all tables, i injected them to the configtool database, so you can now use that new configtool toy for undercab ledstrips with Teensy  :good:

Attachments:
                3 users thanked author for this post.
                randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

@angrim your the best thanks :good:

for IOS and Android

Nutmegz
                  Participant
                    @nutmegz

Just tried it out. Works like a charm! Thank You! Now to finish the rest of my CAB.

hlr53
                    Participant
                      @hlr53

That reminds me. I bought a 5150 strip in June of 2017 for under the cab and I completely forgot about it. I even recessed the cab floor up an 1″ to hide it. Now where did I put it? In a safe place :wacko:

Jodannar
                      Participant
                        @jodannar

I might have to add back in my undercut lights. I just had standard LED  colour changers in there but the adhesive kept making them fall off. If i could wire them in as adressables via the teensy it might be worth re-wiring again

-RpT
                        Participant
                          @rpt

Novice tier question that i have been thinking about in relation to this; Can you “branch off” in parallel to make duplicates for part of the addressable LED setup or does it need the full length to work properly?

@Randr
                          – hoping this is what you mean by “combining the outputs”

Thinking either doubling up on the side LED’s with like a splitter coming off those pieces or have it wired so that the side LEDs are mimicked under the cab (as opposed to being a seperate toy in DOF it would just be a duplicate of the playfield side LEDs.

I’m a ways off trying this but helpfull in getting a rough idea on how many 144/m LED strips i will need to order!

Other question i had in mind – has anyone tried a matrix down each side before!?! (ok this is probalby massive overkill but i would love to see a picture or video if it’s been tried).

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

In dof config.ini you simply configure how many rows of strips you have so if you have 3 rows on each side you just set that up in your config.

I have a tight matrix in the back with a lots of leds I think over 1000 total and I’m not sure what the max is honestly but I’m sure there is a limit with teensy and dof.

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            -RpT
                            Participant
                              @rpt

Cheers! am looking forward to that part of the build. I definately will be attempting a similar matrix to yours along the back – one of the coolest features of a vpin cab imo. B-)

The idea i had in my head probably won’t work then – as in if you branched off another strip from just the sides, those LEDS would share the same addresses (so basically a mirror). Thinking about it i guess you would need to double up on everything to get both sides working and even then it’s probably not how it works!

Probably this is not how it's done... but this was i was thinking!

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Yes you can do that…I’m sure I’ve seen a couple with at least 2 rows on sides

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Westworld
                                Participant
                                  @westworld

Simply define the playfield sides as matrix, such as 2×130 (similar as you did the back matrix). No need to do any tricks, it will just work, as DOF will simply duplicate each pixel. That should be the fastest and easiest way.

Consider not to have an ongoing connection from each led strip to the next. Teensy allows to have 8 lines. The way it is done, it is faster to have 8×100, compared to 1 x800. And easier for debugging as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?