VP 10.5 issue?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    HauntFreaks
      @hauntfreaks
      vipContributorMember

open the table in the editor….
      under the edit tab , click “select element”
      sort by name
      find:
      Rubber27, Rubber28, Rubber29
      click select
      then click delete

these were rubbers being used to fake a bracket on the wire ramp….
      these will not detract from how the table plays or its visual…. in other words you won’t miss them

this table is using old materials here are the material fixed (do this at your own risk, it very easy to do but i’m not taking any responsibility)
      Fish-Tales-Williams-1992.mat_

attached is also my POV
      Fish-Tales-Williams-1992pov

skateball_uv-1

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Haunts magic button! Wow!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

Haunts magic button! Wow!

Haunts magic button! aka a few common sense rules…

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

More weird stuff. I quickly implemented Haunts fix and without saving I started the game and got the very small table earlier mentioned in this thread. Chose not to save it in that state by simply exiting. I redid the process, and this time the table looked fine. Have no clue what happened the first time. So, yes, there is a bug somewhere, just don’t know how to reproduce it yet.

Redbeard30
            Participant
              @redbeard30

I too implemented haunts fix, and it worked beautifully! But my “light reflection?” on the upper right boat ramp is really blown out…not sure why it ended up different than haunts pic…i want my table to look like his pic!

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

I too implemented haunts fix, and it worked beautifully! But my “light reflection?” on the upper right boat ramp is really blown out…not sure why it ended up different than haunts pic…i want my table to look like his pic!

message me the table you fixed… so I can see…. what goin on there…

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Btw. I believe you forgot the ombra material. Maybe you replace the materials in a different way than me ? Delete everything then import ?

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

ok… I dont know why this would have been changed but heres the fix….
                    but first… anyone wanting to use my included mat file… read this first
                    open the materials manager
                    select all the materials, then click delete
                    then click add
                    then click import  (import the mat file you download make sure its unzipped)
                    thats it for the materials…

look at this screen shot and match all the highlighted values
                    av_post2-1

Attachments:
                    Johngreve
                    Participant
                      @johngreve

open the table in the editor….

under the edit tab , click “select element”

sort by name

find:

Rubber27, Rubber28, Rubber29

click select

then click delete

these were rubbers being used to fake a bracket on the wire ramp….

these will not detract from how the table plays or its visual…. in other words you won’t miss them

this table is using old materials here are the material fixed (do this at your own risk, it very easy to do but i’m not taking any responsibility)

Fish-Tales-Williams-1992.mat_

attached is also my POV

Fish-Tales-Williams-1992pov

Thanks for the solution sir…..

I try doing this,  when I click on the rubber it becomes highlited,then I click on select……nothing happens……I see no way to delete this…….how do you delete the selection? Thanks

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

He should have said – press ‘delete’ key. Why you don’t see them probably because he doesn’t tell you to disable all the other layers. In the element selector. You can see what layer these rubbers are on. So, to learn something new. Disable all the layers except where they are located. Then do his procedure.

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

you need to go in and select those rubbers using the “select element” window found under the edit dropdown in the top toolbar…
                          select them, delete them

Schreibi34
                          Participant
                            @schreibi34

OK, i decided to put this here because i’m not sure if this is caused by the same bug.

After updating everything to the official 10.5 release (latest sambuild and b2s server) about 70% of the time when i start a table from the editor or PinX the DMD on the 3rd screen is to big. Deleting everything rom related didn’t help. Right clicking and resizeing didn’t save. It worked for the session i changed it but after a restart it was again to big (screenshot). It also happened to the scorebug on the victory table. Sometimes when you get lucky it opens with the right size.

Did i do something wrong on the update? Overwrote everything and hit the install button in pimame.

Thanks in advance!

Schreibi34
                            Participant
                              @schreibi34

Screenshot

20180804_123204

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Ive seen a few posts about this same issue and think its freezy dll/pinmame related so make sure you have the latest from freezy installed correctly

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

Schreibi34
                                Participant
                                  @schreibi34

The monitor number for the 3rd screen was missing in screenres.txt. I don’t know what messed it up because the rest of the numbers were correct.

Schreibi34
                                  Participant
                                    @schreibi34

I’m a little dummy! You can’t set the monitor number for the 3rd screen! After a reboot the problem was back.

What i have found is that PinballX works fine on the 3rd screen. I have set it to topper monitor. When i uncheck “hide topper” and start the table from PBX the DMD displays fine (screenshot). Unfortunatly i’m using this monitor to display the wheel image and you can see the image behind the DMD while playing.

All tables worked fine before the update!

Any help would be appreciated.

20180805_181128

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Hmm.. does 3rd screen change in windows control panel or in screeners.txt? I recall pbx had a setting for auto that messed up screenres file so either uncheck that option in pbx or fix screenres again and make it read only. Should stop it from changing

for IOS and Android

Schreibi34
                                      Participant
                                        @schreibi34

Will try that! Thanks!

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

No luck! do i need freezy’s .dll’s for a 3rd monitor? Never had those in the VPinmame folder and it always worked!

Screenres.txt never changes! These are my settings:

2018-08-07 17_50_33-B2S - ScreenRes EDITOR

2018-08-07 17_51_49-ScreenRes.txt

The numbers match the resolution of the screens. I still don’t know where the Problem is. One Thing is messed up and thats the monitor numbers in Win10. 1 is PF, 2 is DMD and 3 is the BG. I tried everything to get them in order, but i read that the number depends on the port they are connected to. I can’t change the ports, because my BG monitor is an vga only! Keep in mind that everything was working before.

Schreibi34
                                          Participant
                                            @schreibi34

This is such a joke! I got it running again. I don’t know how it happend, but the 3rd monitor was set to a zoom of 125%. But only in the Windows settings! Not in the NVidia control panel. 4 hours in the trashcan. Sorry guys!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?