vpx VR-Launcher

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    takut
    Participant
      @takut

Thanks a lot for the all the updates and the continuous work. This tool is so pretty cool  :yahoo:

RYSr (Rich)
      Participant
        @rysr

since the changes listed in the launcher window seem to have to be done in the launcher window instead of the script. I found that if I increase the delay to close option in the script to 20 seconds, it allows enough time to type into the field “Reverse” for the keys assignment, and then hit the Keys button to register it. I like the reverse direction option better.. Thanks for a great front end for VPX-VR.

b4sti
        Participant
          @b4sti

since the changes listed in the launcher window seem to have to be done in the launcher window instead of the script. I found that if I increase the delay to close option in the script to 20 seconds, it allows enough time to type into the field “Reverse” for the keys assignment, and then hit the Keys button to register it. I like the reverse direction option better.. Thanks for a great front end for VPX-VR.

If you want autoupdate working, you should not edit the script of the menu room anymore. If I want to change the settings, I uncheck the hold player on top and change everything I want while vpx is launched. Then I check the hold on top checkbox again and restart.

But if you setup the 20 seconds once, it will be stored in registry, so you don’t need to set this up again. ;)

RYSr (Rich)
          Participant
            @rysr

So that’s what the hold on top checkbox is for! :good: uncheck it to keep the settings window open to make changes then recheck it and restart!

Are you saying that my changing the exit time to 20 seconds in the script will keep my setup from updating?

b4sti
            Participant
              @b4sti

So that’s what the hold on top checkbox is for! :good: uncheck it to keep the settings window open to make changes then recheck it and restart!

Are you saying that my changing the exit time to 20 seconds in the script will keep my setup from updating?

Yes, like described in the installation hint:
              “If you want autoupdate working you should NOT touch these files.”

I can only patch my original files bitwise.
              Without autoupdate you can make your own script like before.

Rancho
              Participant
                @masher

This is the bees knees! I am having a problem keeping steamVR running. I start VR-launcher it asked to start steamVR it works as it should. Then I pick a table and it runs in the background. But steamVR is not running the table in the headset I can play the table and hear the sound but stem is not running the VpinballX_GL in vr mode. Is there some setting I am not doing right? I am so close! this is the last piece of the puzzle I need to have a full VR pinball experience. Thanks for any advice! And Thanks for making this possible!

RYSr (Rich)
                Participant
                  @rysr

I always start steam then steamVR first. Also if you running Windows10- make sure your Windows updates have all run, some times when you first bootup they try to run in the background and the extra load can cause demanding apps like VR to crash.

b4sti
                  Participant
                    @b4sti

This is the bees knees! I am having a problem keeping steamVR running. I start VR-launcher it asked to start steamVR it works as it should. Then I pick a table and it runs in the background. But steamVR is not running the table in the headset I can play the table and hear the sound but stem is not running the VpinballX_GL in vr mode. Is there some setting I am not doing right? I am so close! this is the last piece of the puzzle I need to have a full VR pinball experience. Thanks for any advice! And Thanks for making this possible!

You should try setting “vr enabled” instead of “vr autodetect” in vr options of vpinballx_gl.

If you have an Oculus device: You should use OpenComposite instead of steam vr!

Andrew posted a good tutorial in our facebook group:

1. Install OpenComposite as you normally would by simply replacing openvr_api.dll in your Visual Pinball folder with the one from the OC website. Delete the original or rename it in case you want to revert. https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/blob/master/README.md
                    2. Create a new text file in the same folder called opencomposite.ini and inside it simply add the line enableAudio=false

View post on imgur.com

Tetsuo1138
                    Participant
                      @tetsuo1138

Howdy, VR Pin noob here, I just got the base pinVR running for the 1st time last night & my jaw hit the floor after trying out a few tables! it looks AMAZING……………I know this is still in its infancy but are others having problems with a majority of the tables or is it me?

AC/DC for example has a couple of invisible walls on its playfield! The Simpsons – runs the best for me, however the ball sometimes clips and gets stuck in the front bumpers, and T2 the weight of the balls are way off where they fly all over the place!

Just trying to figure out if these situations happen to others or if its on my end? Appreciate your time

Rajo Joey
                      Participant
                        @joey2001

Howdy, VR Pin noob here, I just got the base pinVR running for the 1st time last night & my jaw hit the floor after trying out a few tables! it looks AMAZING……………I know this is still in its infancy but are others having problems with a majority of the tables or is it me?

AC/DC for example has a couple of invisible walls on its playfield! The Simpsons – runs the best for me, however the ball sometimes clips and gets stuck in the front bumpers, and T2 the weight of the balls are way off where they fly all over the place!

Just trying to figure out if these situations happen to others or if its on my end? Appreciate your time

Which version of AC/DC do you play? Have you downloaded the VR-room with that table again? Do you have change any settings in the table? I don’t notice any of this problems. All VR-tables with VR-rooms work great.

Tetsuo1138
                        Participant
                          @tetsuo1138

Yeah I am at a loss with all my problems then! I use: 1568073681_AC-DC-Premium_VR-Room-MOD-1.1

Just tried Twilight zone also after initially hitting plunger, ball gets stuck and table starts jumping all over the place!

Continue getting a  plethora of problems on almost every table.  I run Quest w./ link

BazzaLB
                          Participant
                            @bazzalb

I know this doesn’t help you much, but I am on a Vive Pro and have played that exact ACDC VR Room table a lot and never experienced any of these issues. I even run Video Pup Packs in lots of Tables without issues. (not ACDC Pup Pack in this case).

I am running the latest VR version dated from 3/July if that helps any.

Color roms on the other hand.. yeah, they seem to suck the frame rate on some tables. (Like X-Men LE)

Tetsuo1138
                            Participant
                              @tetsuo1138

Started over with a fresh install, and am slowly starting to iron out problems 1 table at a time! Thx

takut
                              Participant
                                @takut

I have some trouble with the key settings. I try to change the “start table button” but it not work. The start button of my cab in linked to the key “1”, but if I press the start button into the vpx launcher I see always a white “2” (I try it also into a txt document and if I press the start button I see “1”). I must start tables always with the plunger button and cannot start tables with the start button.

So, I try to use the vpx-vrlauncher button “set keys” but I don’t know how it works. How can I change start button from “plunger button” to “start button”? Please a noob description :-)

If you want the default keys (magnasave,flipperkeys and plunger) leave this at “default” or “reverse” (without quotes). If you want to setup your own decimal key codes you can get them from vpx registry or with my debugkeys option. You can also use vpx key constants like “LeftFlipperKey”, “PlungerKey” or “RightMagnaSave”.

I see this description from the first page, but cannot find the keys into the registry an don’t know how to change keys.

Thanks for a details explanation in advance :-)

b4sti
                                Participant
                                  @b4sti

I have some trouble with the key settings. I try to change the “start table button” but it not work. The start button of my cab in linked to the key “1”, but if I press the start button into the vpx launcher I see always a white “2” (I try it also into a txt document and if I press the start button I see “1”). I must start tables always with the plunger button and cannot start tables with the start button.

So, I try to use the vpx-vrlauncher button “set keys” but I don’t know how it works. How can I change start button from “plunger button” to “start button”? Please a noob description :-)

If you want the default keys (magnasave,flipperkeys and plunger) leave this at “default” or “reverse” (without quotes). If you want to setup your own decimal key codes you can get them from vpx registry or with my debugkeys option. You can also use vpx key constants like “LeftFlipperKey”, “PlungerKey” or “RightMagnaSave”.

I see this description from the first page, but cannot find the keys into the registry an don’t know how to change keys.

Thanks for a details explanation in advance :-)

Left Flipper – LeftFlipperKey
                                  Right Flipper – RightFlipperKey
                                  LMagnaSave – LeftMagnaSave
                                  RMagnaSave – RightMagnaSave
                                  Start Game – StartGameKey
                                  Add Credit – AddCreditKey
                                  Add Credit 2 – AddCreditKey2
                                  Plunger – PlungerKey
                                  Left Nudge – LeftTiltKey
                                  Fwd Nudge – CenterTiltKey
                                  Right Nudge – RightTiltKey
                                  Mech Tilt – MechanicalTilt

Pinmame (only working, if pinmame is active):
                                  EB Buyin – KeyFront
                                  Coin 3 – keyInsertCoin3
                                  Coin 4 – keyInsertCoin4
                                  Door – keyCoinDoor
                                  Mech Tilt – keyBangBank

takut
                                  Participant
                                    @takut

Thank for your answer, but this is only a copy of the keys naming, but I don’t know how to change keys.

As example, I attached a screenshot. I put “StartGameKey” into the field and press “set key” put nothing happened if I try to set the “Start Button”. Should something happened if I press “set keys”?

I do the changes now into the file “vpx-vrlauncher.vpx”, but I still try to understand the buttons from the vpx-vrlauncher.

Attachments:
                                    b4sti
                                    Participant
                                      @b4sti

Thank for your answer, but this is only a copy of the keys naming, but I don’t know how to change keys.

As example, I attached a screenshot. I put “StartGameKey” into the field and press “set key” put nothing happened if I try to set the “Start Button”. Should something happened if I press “set keys”?

I do the changes no into the file “vpx-vrlauncher.vpx”, but I still try to understand the buttons from the vpx-vrlauncher.

My menu-table uses 5 keys.
                                      left,right,up,down,enter

In the launcher you can define them. 5 values separated with “,”.

Ashram56
                                      Participant
                                        @ashram56

Looking at this launcher, one question though: I use a fully fledged pincab, and wanted to add capability for VR tables (since all the rest is already setup).

My main front end is Pinup Popper.

My original intent was to create an playlist for VR tables, and adjust launch parameters as appropriate.

This laucher offers a nice alternative, but to be convenient in my setup it needs to be able to be launched from Popper, so far so good that should be straightforward.

What is not straightforward is how do you manage “exit” table. I have an “exit” button mapped, so whenever it’s pressed the emulator is killed an Popper is lauched again. What is therefore the exit key defined in this launcher, how do you define it ? Can it be set as a combination of two buttons ? Or should I use my Pinscape and define an alternate “exit” button using the”shift” capability of Pinscape key encoder ?

b4sti
                                        Participant
                                          @b4sti

Looking at this launcher, one question though: I use a fully fledged pincab, and wanted to add capability for VR tables (since all the rest is already setup).

My main front end is Pinup Popper.

My original intent was to create an playlist for VR tables, and adjust launch parameters as appropriate.

This laucher offers a nice alternative, but to be convenient in my setup it needs to be able to be launched from Popper, so far so good that should be straightforward.

What is not straightforward is how do you manage “exit” table. I have an “exit” button mapped, so whenever it’s pressed the emulator is killed an Popper is lauched again. What is therefore the exit key defined in this launcher, how do you define it ? Can it be set as a combination of two buttons ? Or should I use my Pinscape and define an alternate “exit” button using the”shift” capability of Pinscape key encoder ?

The launcher has no exit button. Vpx has one to quit tables. If you press it at a pinball-table vpx quits and my launcher starts the menu-table. If you press the vpx-exit button at my menu-table, the launcher will be closed.

dufas3
                                          Participant
                                            @dufas3

I had same problem. I fixed it by disabling SteamVR home and Oculus home.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 149 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?