vpx VR-Launcher

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    b4sti
    Participant
      @b4sti

Nanuk,

I used to edit the launcherVPX file when the launcher was first released. I found you had to be very careful with the syntax in the table array or you have problems with using it afterwards. If you download a new launcher update zip and install it, you have to redo all your previous changes on the new file, as well as additional changes for any new unrecognized tables you have added. So it’s better to just rename the table’s filename to match the arrays naming so it will pick it up.

If you wait until you have 10 or more new tables to add like I do, theirs the issue of recognizing which one of them don’t match the table array. You just have to start the launcher and check if every table you added shows up in the launcher. Then edit it’s filename name to match what’s in the array. You have to load the launcher vpx file in a non VR version of VPX to load the script and see the table array, or print the table array for reference.

I wish the launcher would just load all tables in the working directory, then just use the array to match artwork that does match. then at least you wouldn’t have to deal with table naming.

nanuk wrote:
      thx ill try that

Wouldn’t it be best for everyone if you report missing tables and then make them available to everyone in the future?
      And if you’re nice enough to create the graphics for the table preview, then everything would be perfect.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by b4sti.
      fGv33CY32SMh
      Participant
        @fgv33cy32smh

Most importantly, thank you b4sti for this launcher. Totally love it and it really makes the VR VPX experience complete.

FWIW, I’d second RYSr (Rich)’s request for an option to return to last table played instead of first alphabetical. It’s a small difference but I for one found the older functionality easier and a more fun way to check out my tables. Thanks for potential consideration.

(Edited for typos/brevity)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by fGv33CY32SMh.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by fGv33CY32SMh.
        Madonion
        Participant
          @madonion

Great VR program!

Im also having the issue when after i play a table it goes to AC-DC and not the last table i played, also missing art work which i cant figure out how to correct.

Bo Jensen
          Participant
            @bojensen

i can load the menu of the vr launcher and see all tables but if i want to start a table with enter the program is terminated. when I start the tables without the vr launcher everything works fine. i have set everything in launcher.exe as in the example picture. I am using vpvr 10.7.0. “VPinballX_GL64”. could this be the problem?

b4sti
            Participant
              @b4sti
              Short answer: yes.
              It must be version 10.6.
              You should use the version linked in my project-post.

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Sad that auto update had to be removed but understand the challenges people were having.

Please add Fireball and Bounty Hunter to the games list when you have a chance.  Love the frontend and greatly appreciate your work!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Neeru
                Participant
                  @neeru
                  Hi,
                  don’t know if you can speak German, if not, below is the poorly translated English Google translator part.
                  Ich bin neu im VPin bereich und habe mir soweit alles runtergeladen und mir ein Tisch und die Rom runtergeladen.
                  Anfangs gab es probleme da mir die VPinballX_GL.exe fehlte. Das Problem an der stelle ist behoben, doch leider habe ich ein neues. Wenn ich deine vpx-vrlauncher.exe starte bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung.
                  Die exe und der Ordner sind im passenden Ordner. Den MyTables Ordner hatte ich zuvor als Table-VR benannt und dachte mit MyTables würde das Problem behoben werden.

Vielleicht hast du ein Tipp woran es liegen könnte.

I’m new to the VPin area and I’ve heard everything that shut down and gave me a table and downloaded the Rom.
                  At first there were problems because I was missing the VPinballX_GL.exe. The problem on the spot is resolved, but unfortunately I have a new one. When I start your vpx-vrlauncher.exe I get an error message. The exe and the folder are in the appropriate folder. I had previously named the MyTables folder as Table-VR and thought MyTables would solve the problem. Maybe you have a tip what it could be.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Neeru.
                  b4sti
                  Participant
                    @b4sti

Hi @Neeru,

you should check your tablepath. It seems to be not correct.

Du solltest deinen Pfad zum Verzeichnis mit deinen VR-Tischen überprüfen. Es sieht so aus, als wenn keine Tische gefunden werden. Das stellst du im vr-launcher ganz oben ein. Wenn du Probleme mit dem Fokus hast, klick zunächst das Häkchen bei “hold player in front” weg.  

Neeru
                    Participant
                      @neeru
                      ok, where can i set this?
                      I didn’t find anything in the scripts.
                      b4sti
                      Participant
                        @b4sti
                        ok, where can i set this?
                        I didn’t find anything in the scripts.

I described it in german for you. Please read before asking again. :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Neeru
                        Participant
                          @neeru

there i changed it first, but the error didn’t go away. so I assumed that it must be set in the scripts.
                          Do I have to have fixed tables or can I use any VR table.

or do I need something besides VPinballX_GL and vpx-vrlauncher.exe?

apart from the vr tables and the roms, of course

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Neeru.
                          Neeru
                          Participant
                            @neeru

I found the Problem. Its was standart Path \VisualPinball\ but its \Visual Pinball\

Now does work, Thanks.

Darquayle
                            Participant
                              @darquayle

b4sti,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of your efforts on making this VR menu system.  I now have over 140 VR specific machines accessible thru your menu and it all works incredibly seamlessly from my pincab.  For me, I set myself up so that I can just hit a couple of “magnasave” buttons to switch from PinballX mode to VP VR Launcher mode.  Once in VR Launcher mode, I can use all of my flipper buttons, and other buttons while navigating your VR Launcher menu.

Incredibly easy to set up, very intuitive, filtering works perfectly, and you continue to add tweaks and fixes as needed.

THANK YOU

DQ

scampa123
                              Participant
                                @scampa123

@b4sti On your latest release you call our a version of vpvr beta with a link.  The latest version I see on that page is 12-28-2020…. Was that the version you meant?

Thank you, I can’t wait to try the latest version.  It sounds like from reading the thread here that it will no longer update itself to the latest version?  If we customized our buttons on older versions, will we need to translate that over?

Thanks again…I really like this launcher for VR!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by scampa123.
                                b4sti
                                Participant
                                  @b4sti

@b4sti On your latest release you call our a version of vpvr beta with a link. The latest version I see on that page is 12-28-2020…. Was that the version you meant?
                                  Thank you, I can’t wait to try the latest version. It sounds like from reading the thread here that it will no longer update itself to the latest version? If we customized our buttons on older versions, will we need to translate that over?

Thanks again…I really like this launcher for VR!!

Yes, this version is correct.
                                  No, you don’t need to translate the buttons.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  strikekat
                                  Participant
                                    @strikekat

Hi, I finally got around to setting up VPX VR a week or so ago, and this launcher has been absolutely great.

I have one request if it’s simple to add, can you add an option or an argument to start the options GUI minimized? I’m totally fine with a CLI argument that I could add in the SteamVR properties or something.

The problem is that the window sits on top of the SteamVR live view, so partially obscures mine or anyone else’s gameplay if someone else is watching. I know there’s the option to not keep it on top, but if I actually go and click to minimize it while VR is running, it’ll take the focus away and the gamepad will stop working, or reportedly the performance will suddenly drop (because the context was temporarily taken away from VPX? Not sure). It’s just a little thing, but figured I’d bring it up.

Either way, appreciate the work put into this. Thank you!

b4sti
                                    Participant
                                      @b4sti

@strikekat

3.17 will have the minimzed option.

Tip: use opencomposite instead of steamvr. It’s faster and looks better.
                                      If you have problems with opencomposite: make a file opencomposite.ini with one line:

enableAudio=false

next to openvr_api.dll.

The “hold vpx_gl on top” option is not for vr-launcher it’s for vpx-vrplayer, because this window needs focus to get keyboard events.

Next Tip: hold vpx_gl on top should be checked. Only if you want to change settings, uncheck it temporarily.

strikekat
                                      Participant
                                        @strikekat

Awesome, thank you! That makes sense for “keep on top”, wasn’t even thinking, I’ll keep that checked.

Also thanks for the tip on OpenComposite, I am aware of it, but because I’m cheap, I use a PSVR through iVRy, which only works through SteamVR as far as I’m aware :-(

drinkcristal
                                        Participant
                                          @drinkcristal

Hi b4sti,

With opencomposite, is the 32bit dll from https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR and the ini file in the C:\Visual Pinball\ folder all that is needed?

I have downloaded your latest launcher and with the dll and ini file in the visual pinball folder ,  the launcher opens and just closes without launching in VR :-( . I have had to revert back to the default dll with the VPVR installer.) I wouldn’t be surprised if it an issue on my system.

With a request to add Work in Progress VR Room tables to your launcher, do I do that with a private message to you? (I am porting a few FSS tables to VR Room for personal use and it would be great if they are in the launcher :-) )

cheers and thanks for all your hard work and effort

rothbauerw
                                            @rothbauerw
                                            ModeratorContributorMembervip

Hi b4sti,

With opencomposite, is the 32bit dll from https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR and the ini file in the C:\Visual Pinball\ folder all that is needed?

I have downloaded your latest launcher and with the dll and ini file in the visual pinball folder , the launcher opens and just closes without launching in VR :-( . I have had to revert back to the default dll with the VPVR installer.) I wouldn’t be surprised if it an issue on my system.

With a request to add Work in Progress VR Room tables to your launcher, do I do that with a private message to you? (I am porting a few FSS tables to VR Room for personal use and it would be great if they are in the launcher :-) )

cheers and thanks for all your hard work and effort

What version of VPVR are you using?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 149 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?